Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

2 hours ago, Smooch85 said:

Ben Nelson should be in contention to step up, apart from Alves and Sammy its slim pickings. Brunt is no where near standard, I don’t think wormleighton progressed at all. 

hopefully wanya gets a chance, but apart from him the others will don’t cut it at championship level. 

Wormleighton progressed more than anyone in the u21s last year I would say. 

• Like 4

There isn't much point in spending money on singings we expect to play < 20% of available minutes. 

Maswanhise should be 2nd choice at LW

Alves and Braybrooke as players to come off the bench (or start if they're ready)

WMM a rotational midfielder

Nelson as 3rd or 4th choice CB

Wormleighton as 2nd or 3rd choice RB

Brunt as an emergency back up at LB, CB or DM,

ffs looks like we are trying to keep that crap player we had on trial from Villa

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12160661/Man-United-extend-striker-search-Chelsea-turn-80m-Moises-Caicedo-Transfer-Confidential.html

Wolves and Leicester battle it out for ex-Villa youngster

Wolves and Leicester City are jostling for midfielder Arjan Raikhy following his release by Aston Villa.

The 20-year-old, who won the FA Youth Cup with Villa against Liverpool in 2021, made his first team debut also against Liverpool in the FA Cup. From a punjabi sikh family, Raikhy had a trial at Leicester last month and played against Manchester United U21s. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

ffs looks like we are trying to keep that crap player we had on trial from Villa

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12160661/Man-United-extend-striker-search-Chelsea-turn-80m-Moises-Caicedo-Transfer-Confidential.html

Wolves and Leicester City are jostling for midfielder Arjan Raikhy following his release by Aston Villa.

The 20-year-old, who won the FA Youth Cup with Villa against Liverpool in 2021, made his first team debut also against Liverpool in the FA Cup. From a punjabi sikh family, Raikhy had a trial at Leicester last month and played against Manchester United U21s. 

What's the obsession with us taking Villas academy rejects! 

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Got to be a PR/CSR angle to this, it's not every day a british asian player becomes available. 

35 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I actually remember him playing that game against Liverpool and being really impressed to be fair.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

I actually remember him playing that game against Liverpool and being really impressed to be fair.

I watched him in his trial game for us against Man Utd and thought he was really poor

Did a poor job defending for their 1st goal and gave away a silly foul on the edge of our box for their 2nd

Hopefully it was just an off game for him otherwise if that is his level this is just another “body” to pad out the team (which is what I expect it will be to be honest)

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I watched him in his trial game for us against Man Utd and thought he was really poor

Did a poor job defending for their 1st goal and gave away a silly foul on the edge of our box for their 2nd

Hopefully it was just an off game for him otherwise if that is his level this is just another “body” to pad out the team (which is what I expect it will be to be honest)

Hard to judge a player trialling in a side getting relegated I guess. Don’t know they even bothered with the “trial”.

Signed a 14 year old keeper from Mansfield

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2023/june/academy-goalkeeper-transferred-to-leicester-city/

Mansfield Town Football Club can confirm that a deal has been signed taking 14-year-old goalkeeper Freddie Marson to Leicester City.

Academy director Steve Hymas said: "Our very best wishes go to Freddie, and we will follow his career with interest.

“This is our first young player to sign for a higher-league football club since we became a Category 3 academy three years ago.

“We negotiated this move within the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) compensation criteria, so it provides considerable funding to the club as well as a continuing financial interest in his progress, justifying our decision to restart the Academy."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2023/june/academy-goalkeeper-transferred-to-leicester-city/

Mansfield Town Football Club can confirm that a deal has been signed taking 14-year-old goalkeeper Freddie Marson to Leicester City.

Academy director Steve Hymas said: "Our very best wishes go to Freddie, and we will follow his career with interest.

“This is our first young player to sign for a higher-league football club since we became a Category 3 academy three years ago.

“We negotiated this move within the Elite Player Performance Plan (EPPP) compensation criteria, so it provides considerable funding to the club as well as a continuing financial interest in his progress, justifying our decision to restart the Academy."

Reckon that's one goalkeeper for every set of goalposts at Seagrave now?

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

343rd in line to replace Daniel Iversen

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Please whoevers in charge just get rid of that useless bald twat Petty. Spent an absolute fortune on a training ground to have to rely on players released from a club weve been above for the best part of 10 years. Its so small time and just shows the complete lack of imagination and ambition in the hierarchy at the club. Ive never heard of any major academy that takes freebies on a regular basis from the same average club in my life

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 4

Our recruitment in a nutshell. 

Petty gets a call from his mates at villa, you’ve got to take this kid, he’s a great lad, a real shame we had to let him go. 

Sign some keepers.  quick check if any man u rejects are around. 

Recruitment done for the season

• Sad 1

This is the kind of thing I expected to see about us when we announced the mega training facilities. Couple of ours in there as well that have moved to them.

Not sure if all clubs operate the same way, but that's a lot of staff aiming to be able to secure young talent from anywhere in the country. Very impressed with how Newcastle are operating. Seems like they're just gonna skip the first 3/4 years that are wasted by signing massive reputations for inflated prices.

Imagine they'll be competing for titles regularly within 3-4 seasons assuming the FA/Prem doesn't find a way to punish them to prevent the traditional teams from suffering.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

This is the kind of thing I expected to see about us when we announced the mega training facilities. Couple of ours in there as well that have moved to them.

Not sure if all clubs operate the same way, but that's a lot of staff aiming to be able to secure young talent from anywhere in the country. Very impressed with how Newcastle are operating. Seems like they're just gonna skip the first 3/4 years that are wasted by signing massive reputations for inflated prices.

Imagine they'll be competing for titles regularly within 3-4 seasons assuming the FA/Prem doesn't find a way to punish them to prevent the traditional teams from suffering.

Trust me LCFC have the better of this deal. 
Not saying we don’t need to improve but neither of those ex LCFC bods will last long if they are serious about challenging the Man City’s of this world 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Trust me LCFC have the better of this deal. 
Not saying we don’t need to improve but neither of those ex LCFC bods will last long if they are serious about challenging the Man City’s of this world 

Yeah I have no idea about the 2 we lost. 

Just interesting to see them putting a structure in place and clearly taking the academy seriously.

It strikes me that if staff aren't performing well there then they will likely be replaced pronto.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I agree but on a smaller scale.

A little bit easier when you have endless money and everyone wants in.