Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Will be surprised if the club even mentions about the under 21s playing tonight

The coverage of the U21s this season has been utterly shocking.

I get @Kilworthfox points about the other age groups (even though some clubs do publicise the other academy teams much more than we do) but the club used to be pretty engaging about our U21s and showed live games, that's a distant memory.

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Will be surprised if the club even mentions about the under 21s playing tonight

Maybe they want to protect Danny ward’s reputation in case he plays and concedes three …..

Your point sums it up

They can point to child care stuff but the truth is either they don’t want to spend money on it or they CBA

and if the club CBA about themselves then they can’t complain when the fans appear that way ……

The club had dedicated employees for U21 videography and content while we were in the prem, hence why games were broadcast and commentated on, and also live tweeted.

I imagine they were the first to be shown the door in the summer. 

We do seem to be one of the only Championship clubs who don't cover the U21's though, even clubs who have U21 sides in much lower tiers get social coverage.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The coverage of the U21s this season has been utterly shocking.

I get @Kilworthfox points about the other age groups (even though some clubs do publicise the other academy teams much more than we do) but the club used to be pretty engaging about our U21s and showed live games, that's a distant memory.

I am just referring to the u18 and younger age groups, as they were the ages being moaned about not having coverage yesterday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kilworthfox said:

I am just referring to the u18 and younger age groups, as they were the ages being moaned about not having coverage yesterday. 

Get that but the lack of coverage for the U21 seems to  reveal a general lack of interest from the club in publicising the academy and its achievements 

Sunderland have a dedicated x account for their academy 

I’m guessing others do too

If you were  doing well for the U21 or an 18 y o in the U18, would you feel a bit undervalued by that in this age of SM ??  

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Get that but the lack of coverage for the U21 seems to  reveal a general lack of interest from the club in publicising the academy and its achievements 

If you were  doing well for the U21 or an 18 y o in the U18, would you feel a bit undervalued by that in this age of SM ??  

If you were  doing well for the U21 or an 18 y o in the U18, would you feel a bit undervalued by that in this age of SM ?? - Yes, for sure.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If I were in the fortunate position to be very well paid (in comparison to traditional work) to represent an iconic community organisation, at a game. I'd hope I'd have the perspective, to understand that earned adulation will come from my positive work on the pitch (& training), not from pretty much valueless social media posts that are here today, forgotten mostly forever. This is my honest opinion. I understand that everyone likes adulation, but lets really focus on what is going to make their potential a reality.

I have not experienced a player complaining about such a topic. This isn't to suggest that it isn't considered, I just am not aware of it. Many academy players are on Instagram and Tik Tok so if you are that interested to see their highlights they are free to have their own social media, but then they accept this at their own risk. I would not expose a young player to this, but this is a personal opinion! I get many follow requests and LinkedIn invites and messages from such sources as players & agents willing to demonstrate their abilities, but I am only connected with people I personally know. 

I am uncertain if you are unhappy because the fanbase doesn't get more information about (some or all of) the academy teams? Or are you concerned about the players feeling unappreciated on social media (when compared with other academies)? 

I believe we should be more concerned about all of the effects! Positive or negative effects of social media posts! Its not all 100% positive as for every win there is a loss. How would this effect a player on either side of the social post? Can a young person be expected to handle overly positive or negative posts from adoring fans? We have seen with the tabloid press in the past how they build up and drop senior England players let alone children introduced to the lawless wild west of social media.

You must understand that there are people employed by football clubs, whose roles are to consider such things. It isn't that there is a deliberate plot against having fans know the positives. There isn't a lack of interest in supporting the players. There are always going to be young people (children) who excel and can play at a high level before they are 18, we cannot stop them from fulfilling their potential just because they are under 18, so the Rooney's and Owens will get their chance earlier than the majority, but that's the reality of elite football. As I am sure we can agree these young players must be held to a lesser standard of expectations in such circumstances. Hence their exposure compared to the senior squad will be diminished.

I know its not ideal for the keenest of fans, but if you have lots of information and therefore exposure of people under 18, that could be a welfare issue. 

The players do get all of their games recorded. They can access their performances. they can use this as a tool to understand their weak points and strengths. The club does a lot to aid development! The club wants all of the players to succeed! I see some of the better moments become a social media post for individual parents or players, this is their individual choice.

Now why the under 21's are not as well publicised as some would like I am not able to answer! There can be younger players in this group. I don't think this is the reason! I believe that the club don't consider it is a major issue as some posters on here. Do the club still publish an article in each new matchday programme? Maybe they think this is enough, I don't know! To be honest I am really not that interested in how much an academy player is exposed to the fanbase before they are ready for first team football.

What I can tell you, is that there are some phenomenally talented players currently within the academy, who project to be special! You however, must wait to see how they develop, as there are many permutations that will effect this projection (Injuries for example).

I also can inform you that the under 18s were very disappointed not to have beaten a very good Manchester City side. There was & is a belief that we should have and can beat them. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

If I were in the fortunate position to be very well paid (in comparison to traditional work) to represent an iconic community organisation, at a game. I'd hope I'd have the perspective, to understand that earned adulation will come from my positive work on the pitch (& training), not from pretty much valueless social media posts that are here today, forgotten mostly forever. This is my honest opinion. I understand that everyone likes adulation, but lets really focus on what is going to make their potential a reality.

I have not experienced a player complaining about such a topic. This isn't to suggest that it isn't considered, I just am not aware of it. Many academy players are on Instagram and Tik Tok so if you are that interested to see their highlights they are free to have their own social media, but then they accept this at their own risk. I would not expose a young player to this, but this is a personal opinion! I get many follow requests and LinkedIn invites and messages from such sources as players & agents willing to demonstrate their abilities, but I am only connected with people I personally know. 

I am uncertain if you are unhappy because the fanbase doesn't get more information about (some or all of) the academy teams? Or are you concerned about the players feeling unappreciated on social media (when compared with other academies)? 

I believe we should be more concerned about all of the effects! Positive or negative effects of social media posts! Its not all 100% positive as for every win there is a loss. How would this effect a player on either side of the social post? Can a young person be expected to handle overly positive or negative posts from adoring fans? We have seen with the tabloid press in the past how they build up and drop senior England players let alone children introduced to the lawless wild west of social media.

You must understand that there are people employed by football clubs, whose roles are to consider such things. It isn't that there is a deliberate plot against having fans know the positives. There isn't a lack of interest in supporting the players. There are always going to be young people (children) who excel and can play at a high level before they are 18, we cannot stop them from fulfilling their potential just because they are under 18, so the Rooney's and Owens will get their chance earlier than the majority, but that's the reality of elite football. As I am sure we can agree these young players must be held to a lesser standard of expectations in such circumstances. Hence their exposure compared to the senior squad will be diminished.

I know its not ideal for the keenest of fans, but if you have lots of information and therefore exposure of people under 18, that could be a welfare issue. 

The players do get all of their games recorded. They can access their performances. they can use this as a tool to understand their weak points and strengths. The club does a lot to aid development! The club wants all of the players to succeed! I see some of the better moments become a social media post for individual parents or players, this is their individual choice.

Now why the under 21's are not as well publicised as some would like I am not able to answer! There can be younger players in this group. I don't think this is the reason! I believe that the club don't consider it is a major issue as some posters on here. Do the club still publish an article in each new matchday programme? Maybe they think this is enough, I don't know! To be honest I am really not that interested in how much an academy player is exposed to the fanbase before they are ready for first team football.

What I can tell you, is that there are some phenomenally talented players currently within the academy, who project to be special! You however, must wait to see how they develop, as there are many permutations that will effect this projection (Injuries for example).

I also can inform you that the under 18s were very disappointed not to have beaten a very good Manchester City side. There was & is a belief that we should have and can beat them. 

Not going to query any of that because it’s a well founded reply

the U21 should be represented on social media (be it insta or x) - i can see that you don’t question this.  

the younger age groups should get a special mention when they achieve (as they did this weekend) and the results at U16 and U18 should surely be reported??   I assume that league tables are publicly available so it’s not a secret. 

It’s not difficult to put accounts on no response so that the morons can’t reply to any of the posts (at whatever age group).

If we want the fan base to buy into supporting the club then surely it’s the whole club - not just the first team squad.  The best performing clubs are generally those where everyone from top to bottom AND the fanbase are all pulling together. 

30 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Not going to query any of that because it’s a well founded reply

the U21 should be represented on social media (be it insta or x) - i can see that you don’t question this.  

the younger age groups should get a special mention when they achieve (as they did this weekend) and the results at U16 and U18 should surely be reported??   I assume that league tables are publicly available so it’s not a secret. 

It’s not difficult to put accounts on no response so that the morons can’t reply to any of the posts (at whatever age group).

If we want the fan base to buy into supporting the club then surely it’s the whole club - not just the first team squad.  The best performing clubs are generally those where everyone from top to bottom AND the fanbase are all pulling together. 

You have a point of view. Your entitled to it, I think you have valid points re the u21s. However I don't deal with club policy and I understand why the club has certain policy's for the younger ages. 

The best performing clubs have the richest owners and highly competent staff who recruit the best players. 

There is no reason why Leicester shouldn't be striving to be amongst the very best teams in the world. That's just an opinion again. 

14 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

You have a point of view. Your entitled to it, I think you have valid points re the u21s. However I don't deal with club policy and I understand why the club has certain policy's for the younger ages. 

The best performing clubs have the richest owners and highly competent staff who recruit the best players. 

There is no reason why Leicester shouldn't be striving to be amongst the very best teams in the world. That's just an opinion again. 

Liverpool don’t have the richest owners in world football 

neither do spurs or arsenal 

granted that they generate huge volumes commercially compared to us which is more relevant than the wealth of the owners.

I honestly understand why the club want to keep 17 y o and below out of public view from a safeguarding pov.  But the U16 and U18 results/tables are available on line - it’s not like grassroots U11 and below where league tables are hidden. I’m just disappointed that my club don’t want to shout about their younger age groups achievements when they’re worth shouting about! 

• Like 2

Under 21s are winning 1-0 at home against Leeds

Silko Thomas scored, Brad Young assist (route one?)

Young

Cover

Grist

Godsmark-Ford

Wormleighton

Raikhy

Briggs

Cartwright

Richards

Ewing

Thomas

Subs: Doherty, Lindsay, Donnelly, Popov, Pennant

• Like 2

From the Merc

Jordan Blackwell

Heskey spoils party for City kids

City’s under-18s played their Premier League Cup semi-final over the weekend, and all was going well at half-time. Adam Barradell’s youngsters were a goal up against Manchester City, Tommy Neale getting on the scoresheet. But they could not hang on.

Man City equalised in the second half to send the game to extra-time, and it was then a familiar name spoiling the party. Jayden Heskey, son of Emile, scored the equaliser for Man City. In extra-time, the visitors to Seagrave scored twice more to win 3-1 and set up a final against Manchester United. equalised in the second half to send the game to extra-time, and it was then a familiar name spoiling the party. Jayden Heskey, son of Emile, scored the equaliser for Man City. In extra-time, the visitors to Seagrave scored twice more to win 3-1 and set up a final against Manchester United.

Fantastic performance tonight. Leeds aren’t great mind.

Shows what a difference a proper number 9 makes! Thomas and Richards were superb.

Alves, Braybrooke and Kasey all in attendance. 

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

As if by magic… the club have posted about tonight’s results on Instagram, scrolled back a long way and can’t see the last time they did this. 

Give them a wave guys 👋 ;) 

Kilworth must have had a word! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Haha 3

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3919282/u18s-beaten-in-pl-cup-semi-final-after-extra-time?fbclid=IwAR2XS4y1tl2ZLFWCMRKL5MdA73ZqxNCd5butzLx1UDf5rcIbYc13nXdaeRQ&lang=en

U18s Beaten In PL Cup Semi-Final After Extra-Time

U18s Beaten In PL Cup Semi-Final After Extra-Time
LCFC MEN U18S
Published 02 Mar 2024

Leicester City's Under-18s pushed Manchester City all the way in the U18 Premier League Cup Semi-Final but were eventually beaten 3-1.
The young Foxes hosted the Citizens at LCFC Training Ground on Saturday afternoon and went ahead via Tommy Neale's 28th-minute goal. 

The visitors' equaliser arrived shortly after the hour-mark, courtesy of Jaden Heskey, taking the game to an additional 30 minutes in Seagrave.

Just before the interval in extra-time, Ashton Muir found a way through for Man City and Matthew Warhurst made sure it would be the Manchester club progressing into the final late on.

Leicester return to U18 Premier League South action next Saturday, facing West Bromwich Albion at LCFC Training Ground (11am GMT kick-off).

The details

City: French; Aluko, McAlinney (Khela 70'), Amartey, Ali (Donnelly 63'); Neale, Joseph; J. Evans, Ononaye, Otchere (Thomas 101'); R. Evans (Toure 79').

Sub not used: Bausor.

Goal: Neale 28'.