Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

54 minutes ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I watched a bit when it was 1-1. We were trying to play Enzo ball, but the lads just couldn’t keep hold of the ball. It was borderline comical 

Scoring isn’t the problem!!! It’s the amount they concede is the issue!! 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-fatawu-future-9187613

By

Braybrooke on comeback trail
After nearly 14 months out, Sammy Braybrooke has made his return to City action over the past few weeks. It’s taken a long time for the midfielder to recover from his ACL tear, but he’s gradually building his minutes now and could yet make a first-team impact before the season is out.

Over the under-21s’ past three games, he’s played 20 minutes, 45 minutes, and an hour respectively. In the last outing, a 4-2 defeat to Sunderland, he scored an exquisite free-kick.

The hope for Braybrooke was that, if everything went smoothly on his return to the under-21s, he would have a fighting chance of playing a part at senior level before the season was out. City have a busy final six weeks to the campaign, with plenty of games, and Harry Winks may not be able to play 90 minutes across every fixture.

Hamza Choudhury has been Winks’ back-up this season, but he’s also played deputy to Ricardo Pereira. If the Portuguese doesn’t shrug off his hamstring injury quickly, or even if he continues to be used as a number eight as he was at Leeds before he was sidelined, Choudhury will remain at right-back, and Winks will need support from elsewhere.

Braybrooke’s skillset and game intelligence makes him ideal. The only question mark would be over his fitness, but it seems he’s answering those questions now.

12 minutes ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-fatawu-future-9187613

By

Braybrooke on comeback trail
After nearly 14 months out, Sammy Braybrooke has made his return to City action over the past few weeks. It’s taken a long time for the midfielder to recover from his ACL tear, but he’s gradually building his minutes now and could yet make a first-team impact before the season is out.

Over the under-21s’ past three games, he’s played 20 minutes, 45 minutes, and an hour respectively. In the last outing, a 4-2 defeat to Sunderland, he scored an exquisite free-kick.

The hope for Braybrooke was that, if everything went smoothly on his return to the under-21s, he would have a fighting chance of playing a part at senior level before the season was out. City have a busy final six weeks to the campaign, with plenty of games, and Harry Winks may not be able to play 90 minutes across every fixture.

Hamza Choudhury has been Winks’ back-up this season, but he’s also played deputy to Ricardo Pereira. If the Portuguese doesn’t shrug off his hamstring injury quickly, or even if he continues to be used as a number eight as he was at Leeds before he was sidelined, Choudhury will remain at right-back, and Winks will need support from elsewhere.

Braybrooke’s skillset and game intelligence makes him ideal. The only question mark would be over his fitness, but it seems he’s answering those questions now.

Alves was also in the recent training video published by the club. Would be so positive to have them both in and around the 1st team squad. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Alves was also in the recent training video published by the club. Would be so positive to have them both in and around the 1st team squad. 

Alves travelled with the team to Chelsea so can't be far off.

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

Alves travelled with the team to Chelsea so can't be far off.

Imagine he will feature against Man City.

Another one which has shown as sold out since it went on sale. I wonder if some of these games are kept for scouts only? Does often seem to be the ones against the big academies that “sell out” 

Am I the only one terrified that we finally have a golden generation of youth players coming through and we are likely to cash in on them all because of ffp? 

Let’s face it 10m offers for alves, nelson or braybrooke would be accepted.. which would be a real gut punch 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Just now, Lambert09 said:

Am I the only one terrified that we finally have a golden generation of youth players coming through and we are likely to cash in on them all because of ffp? 

Let’s face it 10m offers for alves, nelso or braybrooke would be accepted.. which would be a real gut punch 

Nelson is the biggest worry, has the highest ceiling of the lot and could see us selling him for less than 10m. If someone offered that much for Alves or Braybrooke now, they’d be absolutely mad to not accept it.

7 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Nelson is the biggest worry, has the highest ceiling of the lot and could see us selling him for less than 10m. If someone offered that much for Alves or Braybrooke now, they’d be absolutely mad to not accept it.

oh I’m thinking more once they’ve started playing for us. Youth players are pure profit which make them the preferred players to sell. 

Look at villa, ramsay and archer had great loans and at the time seemed like the type of players you’d want to develop but they sold them at the first opportunity.Jacob Ramsey is adored but he will be the one to be sold in the summer, not because he will fetch more cash but purely because he’s all profit.

If you get Alves break in and look like a mini mahrez, i just couldn’t see us planning to build around him… we’d be taking that first decent offer. Ffp is a cancer it really is and the sooner it’s gone the better! 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Let’s face it 10m offers for alves, nelson or braybrooke would be accepted.. which would be a real gut punch 

No one is coming in with decent offers for Alves and Braybrooke both have a lot to prove coming back from injury.

We could lose Nelson.

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

we don’t know quite how good they’re going to be yet.   Nelson obviously has begun to prove himself at senior level. 
but I’d rather have then than not so no, I’m not terrified. 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No one is coming in with decent offers for Alves and Braybrooke both have a lot to prove coming back from injury.

We could lose Nelson.

sorry I wasn’t clear. I mean down the line, not this summer. 

Clubs who would ordinarily want tk build around there youth products will now consider more than just their financial value. It makes them worth almost double on the books and this will lead to teams taking cut price early offers rather than waiting for someone to meet their potential at their original clubs. 

51 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Clubs definitely have shifted mindset to realising this is a proactive way to boost their FFP position.

I'd love to see a benefit given based on academy products playing time to counteract this.

the premier league are said to be changing their rules again this summer going to the UEFA model, not sure how that effects things like these but selling youth players shouldn't be so helpful to PSR as it defeats the object.

The problem is youth players carry no value in the accounts so maybe they need to set up a panel that values them and assigns a value

34 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the premier league are said to be changing their rules again this summer going to the UEFA model, not sure how that effects things like these but selling youth players shouldn't be so helpful to PSR as it defeats the object.

The problem is youth players carry no value in the accounts so maybe they need to set up a panel that values them and assigns a value

I need to read up on UEFAs rules, I don't understand the relevance to player value. If its x % of total revenue allowed to be spent each year why does the value of players have an impact?

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I need to read up on UEFAs rules, I don't understand the relevance to player value. If its x % of total revenue allowed to be spent each year why does the value of players have an impact?

https://www.footballbenchmark.com/library/overview_of_the_new_uefa_financial_fair_play_regulations

I'm presuming this is still accurate, but in short it's 70% of revenue (tv money, prize money and player profits) can be spent on player costs (wages, transfers etc.).

In my mind better than FFP as doesn't keep to a fixed amount of £105m in 3 year period, it will however, naturally favour bigger clubs.

42 minutes ago, LVFox said:

https://www.footballbenchmark.com/library/overview_of_the_new_uefa_financial_fair_play_regulations

I'm presuming this is still accurate, but in short it's 70% of revenue (tv money, prize money and player profits) can be spent on player costs (wages, transfers etc.).

In my mind better than FFP as doesn't keep to a fixed amount of £105m in 3 year period, it will however, naturally favour bigger clubs.

The problem with this is how it accounts for transfers. The positives under PSR are that the transfer fee gets spread over the contrary so spending £100m in a season is only £20m across 5 years in the accounts. The downside is in the future years when you want to sell a player at a loss - it impacts on PSR in the year of sale.

It seems pretty scary to apply 70% of revenue to wages, transfers and fees without huge decreases to wages and transfer fees. Take 2021/22 for example, we pulled in around £200m in revenue (off the top of my head) - 70% of that = £140m. Our net spend was £50m + whatever fees on top of that would have left just £90m for wages and yet our wage bill was double that.

Guest leatherhead32

chris popov stood out for me 2 year ago when i went to watchem at seagrave , i he still doing it or was that a one off?