Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2023/2024 Thread - U18/U21

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The problem with this is how it accounts for transfers. The positives under PSR are that the transfer fee gets spread over the contrary so spending £100m in a season is only £20m across 5 years in the accounts. The downside is in the future years when you want to sell a player at a loss - it impacts on PSR in the year of sale.

It seems pretty scary to apply 70% of revenue to wages, transfers and fees without huge decreases to wages and transfer fees. Take 2021/22 for example, we pulled in around £200m in revenue (off the top of my head) - 70% of that = £140m. Our net spend was £50m + whatever fees on top of that would have left just £90m for wages and yet our wage bill was double that.

I agree, and in short I suppose that's almost the plan, to reduce transfer fees and stunt the growth of wages.

It will create quite a stagnant pool of the larger clubs having more spending power, but should at least be easier to track and follow as a fan.

Personally I'd advocate a fixed squad wage cap based on the leagues TV deal revenue, and any extra spending should be fully backed by money set aside by owners in a fixed pot held by the relevant authorities.

Annoyingly, this is a massive case of fixing the stable after the horse has bolted and I don't see a remedy that fixes the issues already in place. Bigger clubs will always have an advantage, and in reality they should do. The tricky bit is ensuring safety of a clubs future without stunting ambition. 

1 hour ago, leatherhead32 said:

chris popov stood out for me 2 year ago when i went to watchem at seagrave , i he still doing it or was that a one off?

Picked up an ankle injury from being tackled in the back end of last season which required surgery

Came back towards the end of the year but then had another set back

Has played in 3 of the last 4 under 21 games and is currently away with the Wales under 21s

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The problem with this is how it accounts for transfers. The positives under PSR are that the transfer fee gets spread over the contrary so spending £100m in a season is only £20m across 5 years in the accounts. The downside is in the future years when you want to sell a player at a loss - it impacts on PSR in the year of sale.

It seems pretty scary to apply 70% of revenue to wages, transfers and fees without huge decreases to wages and transfer fees. Take 2021/22 for example, we pulled in around £200m in revenue (off the top of my head) - 70% of that = £140m. Our net spend was £50m + whatever fees on top of that would have left just £90m for wages and yet our wage bill was double that.

Great for owners though. 20% profit leaving the club to shareholders? What can possibly go wrong with that 

Guest leatherhead32
2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Picked up an ankle injury from being tackled in the back end of last season which required surgery

Came back towards the end of the year but then had another set back

Has played in 3 of the last 4 under 21 games and is currently away with the Wales under 21s

oh ok thanks for the info , hope he gets fit would like to see him at kp in the prem

On 29/03/2024 at 15:06, moore_94 said:

Nelson, Braybrooke and Alves to be our star boys in the Championship next season :thumbup:

Looking forward to Zach Booth coming back too. Briggs will challenge in the next 18 months as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

Here's a pic of his Dad driving to Seagrave to see his son play:

professor-pat-pending-at-goodwood-festiv

Yeah - I screwed that joke up didn’t I ?

I’m sure that there were some episodes of wacky races that would be quite a good representation of this years championship !

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Looking forward to Zach Booth coming back too. Briggs will challenge in the next 18 months as well.

Booth a interesting one, he's played a decent amount of minutes in a poor FC Volendam side, its been a really good loan for him.

The academy could be our way out of this mess.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Back at it tonight against Man City U21's

Shame it's a 'sell out' I know i've said it before but always a bit sceptical as it's shown as a sell out pretty much from the day it went on sale. Wondering if it's more of a scouts only type thing?

Might well see Alves and Braybrooke for the first time together this season. They'll still be available for squad duties tomorrow so can see them both featuring tonight.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Possibly a silly question but will the doors be open for fans to attend?

Yes 

Adults £50 Children £50 and OAP's free as long as accompanied by a parent ...

Joking aside I'd like to think it would be priced sensibly to allow MOP in to see what the Academy boys have to offer 

Could still be moved if the 1st team are involved in the play offs ( guess the womens fixtures are already set in stone so there is no conflict ? ) 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, AjcW said:

Back at it tonight against Man City U21's

Shame it's a 'sell out' I know i've said it before but always a bit sceptical as it's shown as a sell out pretty much from the day it went on sale. Wondering if it's more of a scouts only type thing?

Might well see Alves and Braybrooke for the first time together this season. They'll still be available for squad duties tomorrow so can see them both featuring tonight.

Is Alves back? :please: