Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

World Football Thread 2023/2024

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Lost 2 World Cup winning players and managers in recent days .

Franz Beckenbauer has died aged 78.

Before my time but obviously one of the greats in his time .

Saw him at Pittodrie for Hamburg in the Uefa cup 1981 at the end of his career 

Mid winter, snow and ice on the pitch and our young forwards ran him ragged. I heard talksport tonight saying that he didn't like heading, our 2nd goal below proves the point...😁

I was eight and didn't appreciate who he was, but my Grandad who took me to the game couldn't stop talking about him pre match. It was exciting for that generation to see a true great in the flesh. 

• Like 1

Just watching Sydney v Adelaide in the A league.

VAR is being used in every goal! Completely ruining the excitement and flow of the game.

One of my fave aspects of Leicester playing this season in the Championship is no VAR.

Get rid of the fooker and accept that some decisions won’t be 100%

1 hour ago, LCFCJoe96 said:

Mourinho sacked by Roma, not surprising given how bad they’ve been this season

They’ve been tactically awful for a while and with the players he’s got this season he’s been woeful. 

Surely Roma will be looking at Oliver Glasner?

Or maybe they’ll steal Conte from Napoli’s clutches.

• Like 1

Çağlar Söyüncü has received offers from three Premier League clubs, one Serie A club, one club from Saudi Arabia, and from Fenerbahçe, AM willing to sell. Something certainly gone on in Madrid either wasn't wanted in the 1st place by Simeone or there has been a big bust up since.

Atletico couldn't lose really - if he went and did well they'd have got a reasonable CB for nothing. Looks like he's going to leave for a good sum and make them some cash even after not impressing in this case.

FWIW I think he's probably too well thought of by our fanbase given he was good for about 4 months in a 5 year stint but hey ho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

They’ve been tactically awful for a while and with the players he’s got this season he’s been woeful. 

Surely Roma will be looking at Oliver Glasner?

Or maybe they’ll steal Conte from Napoli’s clutches.

I doubt it will be scrapped in France because one team wants it to be but if others join in might put pressure on the authorities there and across the world?

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-news/var-ligue-1-brest-monaco-486347-20240118

Will this work in Portugal.

Is it going to be in real time?

Edited by Super_horns

Henderson 75% pay cut is still £85k (upto £110k with bonuses) so won't feel to sorry for him. Also the reason he wasn't paid was because of his request to defer his wages to post April otherwise he would have been stung for tax in this period so fec him :mad:

I find it strange that there is no mention of the £12m fee the Saudi's paid for him & just 6mths later he's being moved on, it all smells a bit, the fact Liverpool got £12m for a 33yr old in the 1st place i find bamusing & wouldn't put it past the dodgyness of the 'old boys club' brokering side deals off of it.