Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

World Football Thread 2023/2024

15 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Seen so many posts on social media about Girona sitting top of La Liga.

Many people hoping that they can do a 'Leicester'.

Would be good to see, but with madrid tied for top and barca on their trail in 3rd it aint happening lol.

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Barca this coming weekend as well 

If they pull it off in a dog fight with those two that will be incredibly impressive but i'd say shy of our run. They did finish 10th last season but we had thr miracle escape and finished lower.

Either way, impressive and right up there if they pull it off.

They are majority owned by man city owners and peps brother had a sizeable stake as well as a few others. That takes some shine off for me  but i dont know if man city owners have spent for them in a way that only they can lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

If Girona win La Liga it will be a shock to the system like our title. Man City are not heavily involved in the project, it's mostly technocratic involvement. 

The win away at Barcelona also brings back memories of our win at Man City.

They could just do it y'know!

• Like 1

Girona v Granada 26th May 2024

Last match of the season, would be great to join them if celebrations are still in order.

But

26th May is also the date for the play off final & cant possibly book a trip to Catalonia for this date, just in case we are at Wembley

Apologies for negativity but could happen.

The job Michel has done at Girona is sensation. Promoted via play-offs, expected to be relegated but pushed towards european places and now this. 

Last season they were only out scores by the big 3 in the league and it was just the back end that needed sorting out.  which they appear to have done. 

Let’s hope Maresca takes us on a similar journey 

6 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Trouble in Turkey.

League suspended after assaults on a match official. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67688071

Obviously totally unacceptable and those responsible  need to be punished. 

I’ve just seen this. 

All Turkish games suspended after a referee was attacked. I still don’t know why anyone would want to play football in that country. 

I've felt an attack on an official was inevitable but I thought it would come from a pitch invading fan and not a club official. Shocking. 

Behaviour towards referees from players, managers, and fans, no matter how shit you think they've been, needs to stop. Why anyone would want to referee, especially at grassroots,  I'll never know. 

• Like 2