Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

We could have signed this guy for £12m then all along. 20 goals in each of the last two seasons, perfect for how we play as essentially a footballing striker capable of linking play, who knows the league and is proven and is young. And he's going to a rival team.

Absolutely crazy that we couldn't shift any of VK, Soumare, Castagne, Daka, Iversen, Souttar, Ward or Thomas to help fund this. Even on loan or anything. No doubt the Turkish guy coming is held up by these leeches not going aswell. Shambolic situation if we can't shift this lot before the window shuts. Epic amount of money each week wasted.

• Like 3

I like Piroe's profile; the kind of exciting signing we should make but unfortunately, it'd have been at Iheanacho's expense and if  there is the possibility of keeping Kel here for a few more years, then it would have made no sense to be paying the same for a player who would have question marks about the step up Vs one who is very good at that level.

Shame we couldn't have shifted things around to get him in though.

9 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

We could have signed this guy for £12m then all along. 20 goals in each of the last two seasons, perfect for how we play as essentially a footballing striker capable of linking play, who knows the league and is proven and is young. And he's going to a rival team.

Absolutely crazy that we couldn't shift any of VK, Soumare, Castagne, Daka, Iversen, Souttar, Ward or Thomas to help fund this. Even on loan or anything. No doubt the Turkish guy coming is held up by these leeches not going aswell. Shambolic situation if we can't shift this lot before the window shuts. Epic amount of money each week wasted.

As long as Nacho is staying it’s okay imo. Neither of them would be happy playing backup to the other. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Is it crazy though, that we can't shift players we are desperate to get rid of?

Guest Sideshow Faes
3 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Is it crazy though, that we can't shift players we are desperate to get rid of?

I suppose we don't know whether it's because they won't leave due to wage considerations, whether we are over valuing, whether any offers have undervalued. So basically could we have sold reasonably or not. 

17 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Stats say otherwise 🤦‍♂️

Do they? I think his minutes per G/A is actually quite good? 

Don’t get me wrong - I was hoping he’d be sold due to his contract ending, but saying he’s not a good player just isn’t true is it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, STUHILL said:

What if we are selling Daka though? (likely) 

Nacho and Vardy for 46 games plus cup games? Yikes!  

Still think we need another striker in that jumps ahead of Vardy in the pecking order. 

If we have just Nacho and Vardy, yes we need another option but more likely to be a young prospect like Miles Leaburn working his way up the leagues 

27 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Do they? I think his minutes per G/A is actually quite good? 

Don’t get me wrong - I was hoping he’d be sold due to his contract ending, but saying he’s not a good player just isn’t true is it.

82 goals all comps in last 10 years 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂  

11 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

He had a higher goals per minutes on the pitch than Aguero when we signed him and has been a sub pretty much all the time he has been here apart from a few times he's been given runs of games and he's always scored.  If we can sort his contract out then I've no problem keeping proven Kels over unproven Piroe if all else is equal. He's been behind Aguero at Citeh and behind Vardy with us. When he plays he scores. 

Edited by desertfox2
  • Haha 1

Guest lcfc80
10 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

The majority of that time he was plating 2nd fiddle to Vardy in a system set up for Vardy, but the 2 times he got a proper run of games, he stood up and scored goals for us. I'd like to see Nacho be a lot more 2 footed but for me, he's got what it takes to rip this league a new A hole

2 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

He had a higher goals per minutes on the pitch than Aguero when we signed him and has been a sub pretty much all the time he has been here apart from a few times he's been given runs of games and he's always scored.  If we can sort his contract out then I've no problem keeping proven Kels over unproven Piroe if all else is equal. He's been behind Aguero at Citeh and behind Vardy with us. When he plays he scores. 

Have you been to the first 3 games this season ? .. Southampton away last year and dozens of dozens of other games 

he is a bang average finisher and his record here is not impressive at all 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfc80 said:

The majority of that time he was plating 2nd fiddle to Vardy in a system set up for Vardy, but the 2 times he got a proper run of games, he stood up and scored goals for us. I'd like to see Nacho be a lot more 2 footed but for me, he's got what it takes to rip this league a new A hole

Wow you actually believe that 🤦‍♂️

Guest lcfc80
1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Have you been to the first 3 games this season ? .. Southampton away last year and dozens of dozens of other games 

he is a bang average finisher and his record here is not impressive at all 

So you pick Southampton away, which granted, was frustrating, yet ignore the times he's gone on a run of scoring in games in the PL for us

And he hasn’t had many minutes cos he is bang average 🤦‍♂️

OK.

We have made the topic hot now so people are going to be annoyed lol

I can agree he’s bang average, but he’s a bang average PL player, I’ll die on that hill!

And he hasn’t had many minutes cos he is bang average 🤦‍♂️

I don't understand how this isn't the basis of any debate.. The "2nd fiddle to Vardy" school of thought seems to miss the fact that IF he was as good/a better option than JV at any point, he would have been our main striker?

He isn't, so he wasn't. And when given the chance to prove he might be, he clearly didn't do enough. There's a reason we didn't build a system around him like we did JV. 

And for the "better goals per minute" than Aguero.. There's also a reason they sold us Kelechi Iheancho and not Kun Aguero..  :frusty:

Guest lcfc80
3 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Wow you actually believe that 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, I actually do. He's scored goals in the Premier League and World Cup final tournaments, so I'll take that and of what I've seen than you simply banging on about him being shite and posting laughing emoji's

6 minutes ago, lcfc80 said:

So you pick Southampton away, which granted, was frustrating, yet ignore the times he's gone on a run of scoring in games in the PL for us

150+ league games played : 30 goals and 1/3rd of those in one season 2020/21 … he isn’t very good buddy 

1 minute ago, CaliFOXnia said:

I don't understand how this isn't the basis of any debate.. The "2nd fiddle to Vardy" school of thought seems to miss the fact that IF he was as good/a better option than JV at any point, he would have been our main striker?

He isn't, so he wasn't. And when given the chance to prove he might be, he clearly didn't do enough. There's a reason we didn't build a system around him like we did JV. 

And for the "better goals per minute" than Aguero.. There's also a reason they sold us Kelechi Iheancho and not Kun Aguero..  :frusty:

That's cause Rodgers was managing who didn't even't want to be here and wanted to get sacked.

Why would Man City sell us Aguero moot argument.