Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

It concerns me that both Kel and Vardys contracts are expiring at the end of the season and the only other recognised striker is

Daka whom Maresca isn’t having. Where’s the succession planning? A punt on Piroe right now isn’t a bad shout.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

about the fee

he has a year left

that's why he’s value 

this means he will get a stonking s/o fee 

the value doesn’t just disappear - true that it  doesn’t simply straight replace but a fair chunk of it goes to the player 

thats right up our street though.. signing good players with only a year left so we get good value for money...

19 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

He doesn’t fancy working for Enzo …. You have to work hard under this manager 

If that’s true (and I don’t doubt it), why haven’t we been able to find a buyer for him?

Little inconsistent, but he’s clearly a very good player.

If we’re not selling Iheanacho I don’t think we can justify this signing. I know people want to see new players but it’s a lot of money at this level and we’ve got three expensive and capable strikers on the books.

35 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I don't believe this, but we will see I guess. 

He will go if he wants to. 

41 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

He doesn’t fancy working for Enzo …. You have to work hard under this manager 

Eh, been reported Kel changed his mind and decided to not push for a move and stay as he likes working for Enzo, although he remains open to a PL move. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

If we’re not selling Iheanacho I don’t think we can justify this signing. I know people want to see new players but it’s a lot of money at this level and we’ve got three expensive and capable strikers on the books.

What if we are selling Daka though? (likely) 

Nacho and Vardy for 46 games plus cup games? Yikes!  

Still think we need another striker in that jumps ahead of Vardy in the pecking order. 

20 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

If that’s true (and I don’t doubt it), why haven’t we been able to find a buyer for him?

Little inconsistent, but he’s clearly a very good player.

Don’t think the problem is finding a buyer. It’s fine a buyer ready to put a bit of money up and also a buyer who Kel wants to join.

Would have liked to see him here, but it's to late now..... he's having a medical at Leeds.

He's only 24 and reckon Leeds Leeds will have a a quality hard striker who likes to score u like Daka who either falls over or the ball just bounces off him.

While Nacho seems will be off for free next summer

Looks like we missed out on a bargain 😕

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

7 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

You probably also believe he is a top player 🤦‍♂️

I think he is potentially a very good striker at this level. 

But, as we will see if you are full of it. We shall also see if Nacho can deliver for us! No guarantees, but I hope so ;)

5 hours ago, Gerard said:

You can't judge that until the end of the window.

It would probably be irresponsible to sign Piroe with the three other strikers still here. We may get an offer for Iheanacho that we can't refuse and be left with Vardy and Daka. It may not be ideal or optimal for Maresca to be left with Vardy and Daka but we'll still have arguably the best No9 options in the division.

Transfers don't generally happen over night. The club will already have a good idea if there are possibilities of late bids from initial enquiries / discussions with clubs, players agents, etc.

So I will still balme Rudkin if we end up with only Vardy and Daka as striker options at the end of this transfer window.