Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Joel Piroe

23 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

He does actually. He wants to get us back up. Kelch has a fantastic character, I mean, he’s been second fiddle for most of his time here, a lesser person would have given up, yet he never has. 

Question, is this straight from the horses mouth (ie nacho) or are you a horse(trich)

20 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

Someone spends too much time playing Football Manager 

I am frustrated, but only because I still don't buy the BS we were fed last summer that we couldn't sign anyone because of FFP, and I'm not sure I believe we couldn't shift these players if we really wanted to. Maresca has done a tremendous job so far but Piroe has scored over 40 goals in 2 seasons for Swansea, if we can't stretch to getting him for £12m before getting players out, it all seems a bit silly 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Cases of shiny new toys in here - as it stands, right now, we do not need him and it would be a preposterous waste of what little money we have.

We really need a striker who can press. That's part of our game now.. Daka doesn't press, Vardy's legs have gone and Nacho has been told he will only be offered an extension if he increases his work rate some. So its not a case of shiny new toys, but more missing out on a  player who would be perfect for us and how we play...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

1 purple patch? Nah not having that but I take your first point.

What makes people think that Piroe is a long term option for us? 

I don’t know he is, know one does. We can only judge on what we have and for that tells

me that kel probably isn’t either. 

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

We really need a striker who can press. That's part of our game now.. Daka doesn't press, Vardy's legs have gone and Nacho has been told he will only be offered an extension if he increases his work rate some. So its not a case of shiny new toys, but more missing out on a  player who would be perfect for us and how we play...

Ironically, at this level and with his particular skillset, I think Perez would have been brilliant in this setup.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Completely agree with this. Kel has been good in stages but for season he is now the new messiah. Don’t get me wrong he is ok and would probably good in the championship. There will be a reason why EM didn’t start him first game. I would be happy for a new direction? Is piroe a presser with high energy? 

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I am frustrated, but only because I still don't buy the BS we were fed last summer that we couldn't sign anyone because of FFP, and I'm not sure I believe we couldn't shift these players if we really wanted to. Maresca has done a tremendous job so far but Piroe has scored over 40 goals in 2 seasons for Swansea, if we can't stretch to getting him for £12m before getting players out, it all seems a bit silly 

You’ll have to explain why we aren’t shifting these players, what possible reason could there be for keeping players we don’t want if it’s possible to offload them.

17 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Am i the only 1 who’d sooner have Kelechi over the lad 👀 let’s just hope we don’t sit back and let this happen only for Daka and Kelechi both to leave though as the slimani levels of panic on deadline day wouldn’t be pretty lol 

No, proven scorer in the Premier League, with an unbelievable goal and assist rate, a first-class attitude, seems a decent guy who we treated badly.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Verumex said:

So are you saying your an ITK about ITKs?

I'd say it's more accurate to claim I've been contacted by someone who knows someone who is ITK about ITKs. 

I myself an not in the know about anything at all and nobody should take anything I post to be anything other than personal opinion. 

Or objective statistical fact if pertaining to slandered LCFC forwards.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

1 purple patch? Nah not having that but I take your first point.

What makes people think that Piroe is a long term option for us? 

Tbh Piroe has scored 19 and 22 in the last two seasons. I will be amazed if any of our current strikers get 20 this season.

For 12m it's a good price for Leeds, but it seems we're overpaying underperforming players which is the issue.

I'm not saying Ineacho had only one "purple patch" but I don't get the love in for him.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, MPH said:

Is Piroe that pressing machine 

I think we need a winger over another 12million pound striker. 

If we were to go after a striker I'd rather it be a youngster who can play abit when we are winning ready for when the African Cup of Nations happens. 

I also don't think Daka will be going anywhere. We will have to reintroduce him to the squad and get him playing. Perhaps in a wingers role. 

We've also got a list of Full Backs that aren't all going to be sold. Perhaps they can be turned into high pressing wingers. 

None of its ideal, but you simply can't change everything in one transfer window. 

Keep winning, keep the faith and you never know by the time the Christmas window closes we might have everything more aligned. 

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

You’ll have to explain why we aren’t shifting these players, what possible reason could there be for keeping players we don’t want if it’s possible to offload them.

Perhaps its our valuation/wage. We value the player higher than is attractive to a buying club. A buying club needs to think, okay he's been crap for them, but I can take a punt on him at that price, and if there's an offer, we need to make it clear the player won't be in our plans for the season so better to take it.

5 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

100% IMO.

Piroe would be a nice pickup for any championship club.

The only way this is shambles is if we let kel walk.

He has one year left, unless he signs anew deal it’s a shamble to keep him aswell. Not signing up the right players on the right contract has been half our problem. If we had of been able to shift youri, and cags on earlier for even half decent money we might have stayed up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is Piroe that pressing machine 

From what i have seen, he does press. and has a good engine on him. Not as speedy as Prime Vardy  ( who is though?), but he's got more pace on him than Nacho. He'd be a perfect fit for us. AND he scores goals.

• Like 2

I wonder if Enzo is similar to Pep, in that he is more than happy to not rely on recognised strikers to get the goals (pre Haaland)

Concerns me if we will only have Nacho/Vardy by the end of the window, but that is looking more and more likely. 

Edited by STUHILL

Just now, MPH said:

From what i have seen, he does press. and has a good engine on him. Not as speedy as Prime Vardy  ( who is though?), but he's got more pace on him than Nacho. He'd be a perfect fit for us. AND he scores goals.

Don`t doubt his suitability but we are just "over staffed" in this area right now and I now stuff changes, but plenty of times in the past deals breakdown and don`t happen for some reason

Its hard enough supporting 5 goalkeepers with nothing but the billions of a duty-free magnate, let alone add 4 strikers with hungry mouths to feed, it just  might be a bit much  

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Don`t doubt his suitability but we are just "over staffed" in this area right now and I now stuff changes, but plenty of times in the past deals breakdown and don`t happen for some reason

Its hard enough supporting 5 goalkeepers with nothing but the billions of a duty-free magnate, let alone add 4 strikers with hungry mouths to feed, it just  might be a bit much  

I totally get what you are saying.... its not good business sense to bring another striker in with such  a wage bill that we have now,,, King power have always come across as great business people... How thy got a duty free business through the Covid crisis relatively unscathed is a testament to that. Rudkin is clearly a King power man who will toe the line and champions KP's corner at every opportunity. He's been given the remit of spending when necessary.. The counter argument though is that we have plenty of money and we have been riding our luck to still be 100%,  But KP just see the 100% record and will question the wisdom of spending what they see as ' unnecessary money" In short, Maresca is a victim of his own success. Maybe we would have been in for Piroe if wed had a win, draw, and a loss to our league record..

5 minutes ago, DezFox said:

He has one year left, unless he signs anew deal it’s a shamble to keep him aswell. Not signing up the right players on the right contract has been half our problem. If we had of been able to shift youri, and cags on earlier for even half decent money we might have stayed up. 

Ya, i get that but our goal is to get promoted so either will help( but kel is better). Of course he might then walk but we only have so many options right now. Cant always get what you want. 

• Like 1

Just now, MPH said:

I totally get what you are saying.... its not good business sense to bring another striker in with such  a wage bill that we have now,,, King power have always come across as great business people... How thy got a duty free business through the Covid crisis relatively unscathed is a testament to that. Rudkin is clearly a King power man who will toe the line and champions KP's corner at every opportunity. He's been given the remit of spending when necessary.. The counter argument though is that we have plenty of money and we have been riding our luck to still be 100%,  But KP just see the 100% record and will question the wisdom of spending what they see as ' unnecessary money" In short, Maresca is a victim of his own success. Maybe we would have been in for Piroe if wed had a win, draw, and a loss to our league record..

I sincerely hope that is not the case as that is not planning, its purely reactive.

7 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I sincerely hope that is not the case as that is not planning, its purely reactive.

Im sure the club would phrase it as " adapting to a changing market"

Its part of the issue you get when you don't have football people in charge but  purely business people... but it keeps us financially stable, i guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

He does actually. He wants to get us back up. Kelch has a fantastic character, I mean, he’s been second fiddle for most of his time here, a lesser person would have given up, yet he never has. 

Does he!?

As you allude to, he owes us nothing with the way he's been treated and is probably the one in the squad who is definitely too good for the level we're playing at now.

So unless you know him personally, I imagine you're definitely wrong.