Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Rak-Sakyi

5 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Clearly I am biased, but we absolutely are an attractive proposition for clubs to send their players to! 

Pep understudy Manager, World Class facilities, likely to win a lot of games, and a very impressive injury record... Ok not that last bit! 

Seagrave finally paying off… :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

The issue with the PL is that any team other than the big six starts to put a squad together that can compete the vulture swoop and pick it apart. 

Thats one of the main reasons why we did ,what we did , in 2015/16.

We went from pretty average to brilliant in a very short space of time.

They didn't have enough windows to pick that side apart 

• Like 3

Speaking to a Charlton season ticket holder at work.  Said this chap is much too good for Div 1 and is more than ready for step up to top end Champs.

Interestingly described him as more of an inside forward (one for the kids) as he never attacks down the flanks.

45 minutes ago, Cpfc13 said:

He's travelled with the the squad to Sheffield so nothing close.

Hull pushing hard but still expect him to end up here. 

...this could drag on for some time!!!

Unless Palace brings in a replacement, it seems clear he will not be going anywhere. Should he end up elsewhere without a replacement coming in, then it will be proof we are not good and closing out deals.

13 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...this could drag on for some time!!!

Unless Palace brings in a replacement, it seems clear he will not be going anywhere. Should he end up elsewhere without a replacement coming in, then it will be proof we are not good and closing out deals.

They already said that any sale of Olise will not have an impact on RakSak when the rumours first surfaced. If they don't deem RS good enough yet to be on the bench to replace Olise during games then they obviously don't think he's in a position to be starting for them in his place instead. They'll buy.

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

They already said that any sale of Olise will not have an impact on RakSak when the rumours first surfaced. If they don't deem RS good enough yet to be on the bench to replace Olise during games then they obviously don't think he's in a position to be starting for them in his place instead. They'll buy.

...Palace is said to need to bring someone in for cover it has been argued, but it does seem strange that the loan is still up in the air!!!

If Rak-Sakyi has no value being on their bench, there must be a reason why we have failed to get this over the line. Rumours that everything had been agreed on Twitter and @Sambiasso so why are we still waiting for this to be done?

Well assuming that if Olise stayed meant Rak going on loan that must mean there's somebody in the squad currently that would be used as cover for Olise. So if he's sold, whoever that player is/was will still be there so you'd imagine that Palace will spend the Olise money on a replacement where they'd be competing with the mystery player that is already ahead of RS.

IT ALL POINTS TO A DEAL REGARDLESS!!! :fc:

3 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Deal agreed in principle.

If you look at Doyle, Mavididi and Casadei deals all 3 were expected to be done in the same week but 4 weeks down the line there's only 2 in officially. 

Expected to be done before the window closes, it's worth noting that he'd be a rotation player and unlikely to be a starter week in week out.

Who would the starter be then? This must mean another coming in as the main starter?! 

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Deal agreed in principle.

If you look at Doyle, Mavididi and Casadei deals all 3 were expected to be done in the same week but 4 weeks down the line there's only 2 in officially. 

Expected to be done before the window closes, it's worth noting that he'd be a rotation player and unlikely to be a starter week in week out.

...are we saying Akgun is the first choice as opposed to Rak-Sakyi!!!

I see Rak-Sakyi as a better player, but I suspect we need to have a backup for the RW as well as one for the LW, Gouveia.

3 minutes ago, Fuch Me Moore said:

Who would the starter be then? This must mean another coming in as the main starter?! 

I wouldn't be enormously surprised if we went until January with Mavididi/WMM and Rak-Sakyi/McAteer as our main wide options, with Albrighton and Praet stepping in occasionally if they're still around. Ideally I'd definitely want another in but not holding my breath.

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I see Rak-Sakyi as a better player, but I suspect we need to have a backup for the RW as well as one for the LW, Gouveia.

If we land Archer/Palmer then it's a different story. 

Rak-Sayki wouldn't be playing Saturday- Wednesday - Saturday you'd expect rotation with whoever else comes in. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I read it that neither will be first choice.  I suspect they'll be looking at two different types of players for different situations, in the same way we will have a defensive #8 (Ndidi) and an attacking #8 (Praet/casadei). :dunno:

6 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Rak-Sayki wouldn't be playing Saturday- Wednesday - Saturday you'd expect rotation with whoever else comes in. 

Palmer as in Cole? 

Bench for MCFC tonight and surely a large-ish part to play for them this season..? Don’t think he goes anywhere in this window, may re-assess in Jan but surely they keep hold? 

3 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Palmer as in Cole? 

Bench for MCFC tonight and surely a large-ish part to play for them this season..? Don’t think he goes anywhere in this window, may re-assess in Jan but surely they keep hold? 

Apparently Palmer is only staying until they sign a replacement for Mahrez, in talks for Doku

13 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

I still suspect Archer is the potential permanent deal you refused to name earlier in the window ;) 

• Haha 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Apparently Palmer is only staying until they sign a replacement for Mahrez, in talks for Doku

As much as I’d love Palmer here, it’d be great to see him get some chances there and develop under Pep, he looks really special.

Hopefully if they’re set on signing someone to replace Riyad and that means Palmer having another year elsewhere they’ll trust Enzo as the man. I’d read that Borrussia Monchengladbach were heavily linked also so maybe they see him as better than Championship level. 

Be a fantastic coup if we can pull it off, I’d be gobsmacked though!