Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Rak-Sakyi

1 minute ago, Kierzz said:

Agreed. Hangs onto the ball far too long. Slowed down too many of our counter attacks and not playing the ball in quick enough when we had players arriving in the box. Squad player at the most, not a starter

Have to agree as well. Only young but I thought he lacked a bit of quality and ran out of ideas a bit. Not the only one though at times 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

Thread went hot and it’s about Mcateer… ffsssss

Maybe needs the posts being moved off to a dedicated McAteer thread in the other subforum 😂

On the subject of McAteer though, is the plan definitely to keep him around the squad and use him as a versatile sub for the wings/AMs going forward? Judging from today he's obviously not a million miles away from being Championship level, but nevertheless not at that level yet. I think he'd benefit from being loaned out to a promotion-challenging League 1 team tbh

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Sorry but I disagree with McAteer. He should have come off at HT. other than a bit of pace I can’t see what he offers. His game didn’t pick up until Praet came on and told him what to do. Not a fan I’m afraid. 

Isn't that what you'd expect, that an inexperienced player improves when an old hand gives him advice and support?  Think the lad needs to be given some latitude.  It's true what others have pointed out that, he was left rather isolated until the introduction of Praet.

1 hour ago, lfu said:

Maybe needs the posts being moved off to a dedicated McAteer thread in the other subforum 😂

On the subject of McAteer though, is the plan definitely to keep him around the squad and use him as a versatile sub for the wings/AMs going forward? Judging from today he's obviously not a million miles away from being Championship level, but nevertheless not at that level yet. I think he'd benefit from being loaned out to a promotion-challenging League 1 team tbh

he just needs time and patience, but i’d rather him get that in league 1 where he can put his own stamp on things. A few cameos off the bench won’t really benefit him at this age. 

• Like 2

Just now, deep blue said:

Isn't that what you'd expect, that an inexperienced player improves when an old hand gives him advice and support?  Think the lad needs to be given some latitude.  It's true what others have pointed out that, he was left rather isolated until the introduction of Praet.

You’re right he does. Perhaps is was N’didi being next to him, as soon as Praet came on he did improve. So with a better partner next to him he will probably be a lot better! 

3 hours ago, frany104 said:

His shot was an awful effort. Should’ve gone across the keeper. 

there’s now way we get promoted of mcateer starts as our winger this year. He’s nowhere near the level required. I’d have him in the squad but not starting. 

if he's gone across goal the defender blocks it, I thought the same until I saw a replay

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

if he's gone across goal the defender blocks it, I thought the same until I saw a replay

I thought he just had no confidence to do what he’s there to do , the same can be said for our other winger both just not bringing a lot to the table , I know it’s only one game but they both need to improve or we are not going back up 

9 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I thought he just had no confidence to do what he’s there to do , the same can be said for our other winger both just not bringing a lot to the table , I know it’s only one game but they both need to improve or we are not going back up 

Mavididi was involved in both goals and got an assist, hardly not bringing much to the table.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I don't feel this is accurate. Mavididi struggled because of the system they were playing and Eccles playing well against him. As soon as Eccles went off and they adjusted their system, he got far more joy. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Gone a bit quiet, hope we hear something today.

Doubt you will hear anything until later on in the week. 

There is a suggestion that we won’t let him go until we get another wide player in. (Gray).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thought McAteer had an ok game, but for a club who have aspirations of quickly returning to the Premier League, I don't think he is a starting winger. He has a lot to learn but I would most certainly have him involved in match-day squad and rotate with other players. That said, his debut came up in a match with our rivals, in a team that has been woefully out of form and an absolute crazy pre-season. You could forgive him for not looking like Messi yesterday, he could still surprise.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Macateer had tons of space because Cov left him unmarked.

They wanted us to pass to him. Leave the weakest link available as the out all. Oldest tactic in the book.

How comes under Rodgers we most games left 4 or 5 opposing attackers in space and unmarked :dunno:

17 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

They wanted us to pass to him. Leave the weakest link available as the out all. Oldest tactic in the book.

This argument would make more sense if, particularly in the first half, Mavididi wasn't also frequently in absolute square miles of space. 

Our wide players both look like they're instructed to stretch the play, get right to the touch line and as far forward as possible to receive those big diagonals once the opposition have been drawn in trying to win the ball back from our passing triangles on the other side. 

Mavididi was free absolutely loads in the first half much the same way. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

This is fair, but a quality RWer means they can't do without more risk, they mark him giving more space to the LW or 8's. 

Also to add our first goal came from an overload between Macteer and Praet on the right. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

This argument would make more sense if, particularly in the first half, Mavididi wasn't also frequently in absolute square miles of space. 

Our wide players both look like they're instructed to stretch the play, get right to the touch line and as far forward as possible to receive those big diagonals once the opposition have been drawn in trying to win the ball back from our passing triangles on the other side. 

Mavididi was free absolutely loads in the first half much the same way. 

I think this is going to be a massive part of our play, compact play to one side and then hit the big switch.

In the first half with a bit better passing Mavidadi would have been in a couple of times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cpfc13 said:

Doubt you will hear anything until later on in the week. 

There is a suggestion that we won’t let him go until we get another wide player in. (Gray).

...you are looking to bring Demarai Gray to your club and view him as superior to Rak-Sakyi!!!

He seems to be taking his boots on a European tour, and so long as Rak-Sakyi is given the green light, good luck to Gray. I suppose with Hodgson he may have come across a manager/coach who could see and finally unlock his talents. He does have them, just not astute enough to know when and how to utilise them.