Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Rak-Sakyi

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Palace want Iversen apparently. Wonder if we can work a deal out? 

If this kid has the promise they hope, they aren't going to sell him to us at a fee we can realistically afford right now just because we give them a keeper we'd probably sell for £5m anyway. 

22 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12387155/Crystal-Palace-relegated-pair-Alex-McCarthy-Daniel-Iversen-goalkeeper-crisis-Vicente-Guaita-REFUSES-Roy-Hodgson.html

You're right. Interesting.

If Rudders has any sense, he'll use this to our advantage.

*didn't see this in the other thread!

It is interesting. I’d rather keep Iversen and give them ward plus cash though. Even if it only reduced the transfer fee by a couple of million that would be worth it. Iversen is a realistic starter for us whereas ward isn’t. Even better if it meant we could sign Rak. 

Edited by Supergray22

1 minute ago, Supergray22 said:

It is interesting. I’d rather keep Iversen and give them ward plus cash though. Even if it only reduced the loan fee by a couple of million that would be worth it. Iversen is a realistic starter for us whereas ward isn’t. Even better if it meant we could sign Rak. 

Key point here... they are not going to want Danny Ward. 

• Like 3

I feel like Palace's decision to get Roy back is going to bite them. Not saying a change wasn't needed, but they probably should have gone for Hutter or someone in the summer. Seem to be regressing from what is a very talented squad.

8 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I feel like Palace's decision to get Roy back is going to bite them. Not saying a change wasn't needed, but they probably should have gone for Hutter or someone in the summer. Seem to be regressing from what is a very talented squad.

Matheus Franca?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Out the loop on this one, is he someone who could slot into the RW, or are we taking a big gamble?

15 goals & 8 assists in League One last year, just whether he can make the step up, no reason to think he can't though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Supergray22 said:

It is interesting. I’d rather keep Iversen and give them ward plus cash though. Even if it only reduced the loan fee by a couple of million that would be worth it. Iversen is a realistic starter for us whereas ward isn’t. Even better if it meant we could sign Rak. 

How much do you expect a loan fee to be for a young player they want to get first team experience if you are saying a reduction bring is down to a couple of mill :blink:

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If this kid has the promise they hope, they aren't going to sell him to us at a fee we can realistically afford right now just because we give them a keeper we'd probably sell for £5m anyway. 

Doesn’t mean we would sign him permanently, but they can make it a more financially beneficial loan for us surely?

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

In what way?

6 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

How much do you expect a loan fee to be for a young player they want to get first team experience if you are saying a reduction bring is down to a couple of mill :blink:

Well spotted. In my head I was thinking an outright fee not a loan fee and had gone back and changed it. Note to myself. Read it through. 

25 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

Well spotted. In my head I was thinking an outright fee not a loan fee and had gone back and changed it. Note to myself. Read it through. 

Ah right haha, I thought it seemed extravagant for a loan fee lol.

We could probably still use their interest in Iverson to our benefit here though.

54 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

We could probably still use their interest in Iverson to our benefit here though.

Yeah that’s what I meant. I’d rather it was ward though but you can’t always get what you want. 

59 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

...if as rumoured he (Rak-Sakyi) is coming here, Iversen going to them will not influence anything!!!

Palace is waiting to bring in a RW and until that happens, they are not going to let him go.

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if as rumoured he (Rak-Sakyi) is coming here, Iversen going to them will not influence anything!!!

Palace is waiting to bring in a RW and until that happens, they are not going to let him go.

Of course it could, not necessarily that it will.

If they had other interest for him to go on loan, if they want a player of ours they may not entertain the other interest. This is less likely though as realistically it is a great loan for player and Palace so can’t see them getting a better option.

But as per the other discussion with SuperGray22, if there are loan fees and wages involved, we could get better financial terms maybe.

Or they will just be separate deals which is likely of course. And yeah I’m sure they do want to sort out that position before letting him go.