Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Rak-Sakyi

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Just can’t see it now. He was just the go to man when chasing a goal against arsenal. 

If you are that close you should just stay imo.  

I’m mentally moving on from this one 

Once they get a few attacking options in/back then he slips down the pecking order.
He was 1 of 2 attacking options on the bench lastnight the other being Gordon who has yet to appear for the 1st team himself & with Roy changing to a back 3 with 7minutes to go in order to get more players further up the pitch he was the only real choice to come on as opposed to being 'the go to man' when chasing a goal.

Sadly both him & Palace will probably lose a good seasons worth of development as they wait for reinforcements as he'll end up glued to the bench at best if he stays or going to a lower championship even lower prem team due to those that will be doing something having switched focus to other targets to get players bedded in, so he'll end up in a scrap instead of showcasing & developing his natural attacking flair.

57 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

But don't you think we'd send McAteer or Wanya Marcal out on loan at the drop of a hat if we had the squad depth? 

Given Alves is normally above both in the pecking order, if we get Yunus and Rak-Sakyi in then frankly I'd still let them both go on loan before deadline day. 

Just because they're in the squad now out of necessity doesn't mean they wouldn't be better served getting consistent match experience at a more currently appropriate level. 

there’s no way wanya gets a loan now. And mcateer is only likely to get  one because the manager now feels he’s not good enough. 

All comes down to how they are viewed by the manager at the end of the day. But if a prem team can have a player like this happy to be cover they are normally ecstatic.  

if they go out and get someone in the. of course he gets pushed down, but i wouldn’t say that guarantees a loan as injuries happen. Most clubs like to have emergency players that can actually play at a high level and preferably on a low wage so a youth player is very desirable. 

maybe you’re right, of course i hope you are. But roy doesn’t tend to be someone who would go for an untried talent without really rating them 🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

no way wanya gets a loan now

If we had enough strength in depth to not need him then of course we would. He's a prime candidate. 

Of course we probably aren't going to loan him because, unlike Palace, we're unlikely to be happy enough with our strength in the positions he covers to let him go. 

But obviously I was talking in hypotheticals to make a point. 

Just now, Bezzanator89 said:

Can we just assume this one is done and dusted, and isn’t going to happen. Must be needed as part of Crystal Palace's squad.

yeah id say so, as we've got a couple of wingers in during that time, so it all seems like weve moved on from him

4 hours ago, Drink Water said:

We dodged a bullet there...

...15 goals and 8 assists in League 1 last season, he is currently being played as Palace is awaiting players coming back from injury!!!

A League Cup game where he was taken off does not mean that he does not have the quality to compete. He looks like a terrific player,  a pity we missed out on him.