Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

shame as I think Casadei would have done well here, I do wonder who theyd look at as a potential plan B so to speak, I would say Hamer but are we looking for someone with height as well as playing ability or just the ability part

I agree with the people calling for Hamer, he really impressed me Sunday but I still think that would be hard for us to complete.

Does make you wonder why we would be chasing a player all this time, if he doesn't want to play for us. Surely, that would be the first thing you would get an idea for. We do seemed to have hyped him up as the second coming of Christ but his time at Reading wasn't great on paper, so maybe if we already have another option who genuinely wants to be here, it will turn out for the best. 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

‘Go buy hamer’

it might be rather more difficult than that - if cov are willing to sell then will be to a prem side 

He's in the last year of his deal also, so (unless they're as poorly ran as us) there may be a desire to receive as good a fee as possible for him. It also looks like all Prem interest has cooled. Burnley linked to other targets including Berge at Sheff Utd might mean that triggers SUFC targetting him, although very different profiles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Does make you wonder why we would be chasing a player all this time, if he doesn't want to play for us. Surely, that would be the first thing you would get an idea for. We do seemed to have hyped him up as the second coming of Christ but his time at Reading wasn't great on paper, so maybe if we already have another option who genuinely wants to be here, it will turn out for the best. 

Looks like he was open to it, and Maresca really wanted him but now there is a Serie A interest, he wants to pursue that. 

Interesting how Chelsea now proceed as they appear to want him to move to us. 

Just now, lcfc_forever said:

Looks like he was open to it, and Maresca really wanted him but now there is a Serie A interest, he wants to pursue that. 

Interesting how Chelsea now proceed as they appear to want him to move to us. 

Sambiasso first said a while back that he didn't want to play in the Championship, so I am not sure how open he was to it, if ever. 

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Sambiasso first said a while back that he didn't want to play in the Championship, so I am not sure how open he was to it, if ever. 

The facts we pursued it for so long, along with Percy saying he was lined up to join this week suggests otherwise. 

9 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

He either thinks he is above playing in the Championship or doesn’t back himself enough. Unclear which. As a 20 year old, he should get his head out his arse if he thinks he is above this level already…

Can you blame him? He did his time in this wretched division last year then tore the U20 World Cup a new one. If he thinks he’s good enough to play in a top league then fair play, we need to move on? :dunno:

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

The facts we pursued it for so long, along with Percy saying he was lined up to join this week suggests otherwise. 

Seems to be that Leicester and Chelsea were all on board early, and it is the player himself that has not been convinced. 

I suspect both clubs thought they could convince him, but have failed so far. 

• Like 1