Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

The telegraph reported this as being done…. So it would be extremely naughty of Chelsea to pull the deal. I’d imagine Chelsea would prefer us as we’re likely to pay all of his wages. 

I doubt his wages are so big that Genoa couldn’t afford them 

I’m sure he’d prefer Genoa as a place to live for a year 

I wonder if we can make a deal with Chelsea that it’s a two year loan deal if we get promoted (their option rather than ours). And year two would cost us considerably more than year one. 

given all the apparent interest out there only Genoa are left ??

Genoa just been promoted after a year in Serie B but had been flirting with relegation for sometime prior to the drop so i really can't see him or Chelsea wanting another Reading scenario which is what he will get going there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Not so sure he will go to Genoa. Surely getting more experience in English football makes more sense than sending him out to Italy?

Play in a league he's likely never heard of or play in a league that he's probably grown up idolising. Think it's a one way street personally. 

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Che Adam’s can’t be linked with Chelsea surely he’s ok but can’t see him make the step up to them ?

Seeing as Che Adams plays for Southampton,  not Leeds, I think he meant Tyler Adams.

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

This is actually a disappointing update, as I thought this was pretty much done for us. 

The fact that Chelsea are still weighing up sending him elsewhere is a bummer. 

His Mama probably still lives in Ravenna. 

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Genoa isn’t a huge sell from a footballing perspective. Relax 

Are we? On here perhaps. I can't see Chelsea instructing him where to go . It will depend on the financial terms and his decision.

Depends what he wants at this point you'd have to guess and how much influence Chelsea have on the process. Are they just happy to go with his wishes?

Does he see his long term future in England or is he coming to the realisation that breaking into the first team at Chelsea seems ever less likely (not so much due to him, more the fact they're just going to sign every man and his dog before developing talent internally). If it's the latter he'll be off to Genoa with the hopes that a good season in Serie A secures a move to a big club over there. 

Probably already made a decision on a personal level, he will know where he wants to go. 

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Are we? On here perhaps. I can't see Chelsea instructing him where to go . It will depend on the financial terms and his decision.

I think Chelsea will have a very big say on where he goes. It’s a loan for his development…they’ll make the call not the player. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I've always assumed the destination of a loan is more of a decision for the club than the player.

A newly promoted side in Italy which will have less of the ball but a higher standard of football versus playing in England at a team expected to win the league with possession. It's a tough call that could go either way but Maresca could swing it and surely Chelsea would like the player to get used to English football?

I wouldn't be surprised at either decision.