Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

37 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

What a very well written response, and very articulate. Whilst you are completely correct in what you say, one factor you haven’t mentioned is the financial aspect. 

The situation and differences with the monetary landscape between the 90s, ten years ago and now is like comparing chalk and cheese. If you bounce back in one season, you now have the capability to sustain staying up. This wasn’t the case before, hence many more ‘yo-yo’ clubs around at these times.

I don't think the finances are a particular problem, it's all relative and there's only so many quality players. 

17 minutes ago, MPH said:

That team we put out on Sunday was a strong team… can you imagine how well it could do with a creative force in it?

No assists for Reading and one goal. Don't get carried away , I would hate see another Tete feeding frenzy.

1 hour ago, inckley fox said:

Personally I'd be very worried if this sentiment had any traction within the club. That level of short-termism is exactly what we had when we went up in 2003 (only to come down), and when we tried and failed to in 04/05 and 10/11. It led to lengthy periods of unrest, and was the exact opposite of what we did in 1995/96 and especially 2014/14, which should really be our blueprints.

There have also been some fairly detailed articles in recent times about just how much more successful - albeit with some noteworthy exceptions - a side is upon promotion when they've used the FLC to build a backbone to their team. There's no reason for us to go pining for a return to the days of the revolving door.

We should be aiming to build a long-term project and, while not going up in Year One would be a failure of sorts, the important thing is for us to stop looking for quick-fixes and try to reconnect with what we used to do well. The Harry Bassett / Neil Warnock / Mick McCarthy / Micky Adams (and, in lower leagues, Paul Warne, or Martin Allen) mantra of 'do what you need to win promotion, then try to figure out what comes next' isn't anything to aspire to.

The balance between being effective this year, and building for the future at the same time, seems (to me at least!) to be more sensible than what you're proposing. I suspect a lot of people will disagree with me, though!

And yes, I'd still welcome Casadei as a short-term solution. He's 20, isn't he? If he's not secured a PL loan by this stage, are we sure that Chelsea won't be entertaining offers for him next year?

I don't think the club share any short term view - something as fundamental as going for maresca over parker suggests they are planning a long term rebuild.

I'm sure getting in a player like casadei, if he works out, would be with  view of hoping we go up and that chelsea will sell him, without necessarily counting on them doing so.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

No assists for Reading and one goal. Don't get carried away , I would hate see another Tete feeding frenzy.

I think it's safe to say he'd be in a much stronger team here than he was at reading, so probably better to judge him on his recent international form.

Maresca might also be a better boss for him than Ince was?

Just now, Lillehamring said:

I think it's safe to say he'd be in a much stronger team here than he was at reading, so probably better to judge him on his recent international form.

Maresca might also be a better boss for him than Ince was?

I never ever judge a player on international form. I'm sure he has potential but Maddison he is not.

Just now, Tielemans63 said:

Not so sure he will go to Genoa. Surely getting more experience in English football makes more sense than sending him out to Italy?

You'd think so and I think Chelsea would prefer this as well but his agent may prefer a top flight challenge based on what they've said previously?