Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

3 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Loads of crap in here, can anyone point me in the direction of a source of information of what’s actually happening with this?

The site 'Newsnow' is your place. 

Type "Leiceter newsnow" or even "Casadei newsnow" and click the link to their site. 

Hopefully, after a good season season in the championship, and after we gain promotion (fingers crossed) We then secure him for another year. It would be unfortunate to see such a talent return to Chelsea only to remain unused on their bench. If he lives up to his potential, he could return to Chelsea after another season in the Premier League, primed to make his mark in their starting lineup.

Edited by les-tah

9 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I'm really not to bothered about all this tbf. I just want us to get promoted asap, and I'm quite happy to have a complete overhaul in the transfer market next summer. Just need promotion this season, bottom line.

I get this and thats the main priority but surely better to bed the quality players in now for a couple of seasons than start another major squad overhaul when we are back in the big time and then struggle when they fail to adapt to Enzo football and then sacked manager and back in the championship.

Bit over the top but will be gutted to get promoted lose Casadei, Doyle, Right Wing Loan. We already know our Striking options are ineffective in the prem if we pursue with Vardy as it stands so that could be a full front line overhaul again.

Edited by les-tah

2 hours ago, smudger63 said:

Haven't Chelsea supposed to have gone in for Adams at Leeds?

That could potentially throw a spanner in the works  if Leeds want Casadei as some part of the deal in some way.

Che Adam’s can’t be linked with Chelsea surely he’s ok but can’t see him make the step up to them ?

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Che Adam’s can’t be linked with Chelsea surely he’s ok but can’t see him make the step up to them ?

He's every bit as good as their expensive , clueless strikers. Oh, he cost a lot of money so he must be good , the stupid dogma of Chelsea.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TrentFox said:

Didn’t stop them sending Colwill to Brighton when they wanted Fofana 🤷

Deal is already agreed, as far as I’ve been told…. So this would be a proper underhanded move if they did this…. But Chelsea are pretty scummy.

4 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Apologies if already mentioned but Casadei hasn't been given a squad number by Chelsea. On that basis, you'd expect this might start to move now.

20230808_113751.thumb.jpg.1a2b0a603e6d77ba931c50e8b926da91.jpg

I think we should sign Armando broja then because it's greedy for Chelsea to have two of him.

27 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Personally I'd be very worried if this sentiment had any traction within the club. That level of short-termism is exactly what we had when we went up in 2003 (only to come down), and when we tried and failed to in 04/05 and 10/11. It led to lengthy periods of unrest, and was the exact opposite of what we did in 1995/96 and especially 2014/14, which should really be our blueprints.

There have also been some fairly detailed articles in recent times about just how much more successful - albeit with some noteworthy exceptions - a side is upon promotion when they've used the FLC to build a backbone to their team. There's no reason for us to go pining for a return to the days of the revolving door.

We should be aiming to build a long-term project and, while not going up in Year One would be a failure of sorts, the important thing is for us to stop looking for quick-fixes and try to reconnect with what we used to do well. The Harry Bassett / Neil Warnock / Mick McCarthy / Micky Adams (and, in lower leagues, Paul Warne, or Martin Allen) mantra of 'do what you need to win promotion, then try to figure out what comes next' isn't anything to aspire to.

The balance between being effective this year, and building for the future at the same time, seems (to me at least!) to be more sensible than what you're proposing. I suspect a lot of people will disagree with me, though!

And yes, I'd still welcome Casadei as a short-term solution. He's 20, isn't he? If he's not secured a PL loan by this stage, are we sure that Chelsea won't be entertaining offers for him next year?

What a very well written response, and very articulate. Whilst you are completely correct in what you say, one factor you haven’t mentioned is the financial aspect. 

The situation and differences with the monetary landscape between the 90s, ten years ago and now is like comparing chalk and cheese. If you bounce back in one season, you now have the capability to sustain staying up. This wasn’t the case before, hence many more ‘yo-yo’ clubs around at these times.