Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Casadei

28 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Depends what he wants at this point you'd have to guess and how much influence Chelsea have on the process. Are they just happy to go with his wishes?

Does he see his long term future in England or is he coming to the realisation that breaking into the first team at Chelsea seems ever less likely (not so much due to him, more the fact they're just going to sign every man and his dog before developing talent internally). If it's the latter he'll be off to Genoa with the hopes that a good season in Serie A secures a move to a big club over there. 

Probably already made a decision on a personal level, he will know where he wants to go. 

...the information that was rumoured that all was agreed, seems to not be as mentioned!!!

I would suspect the loan amount is the same for both clubs and Chelsea will leave the destination to the player.

You can understand the draw to go to Genoa as well as appreciate staying in England and developing in the English game.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Play in a league he's likely never heard of or play in a league that he's probably grown up idolising. Think it's a one way street personally. 

He probably won't choose, it will be down to Chelsea and what they think is best for him. Play for a team near the top having most of the ball or play for a team near the bottom of serie A? I wouldn't be so sure he goes there at all.

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

...the information that was rumoured that all was agreed, seems to not be as mentioned!!!

I would suspect the loan amount is the same for both clubs and Chelsea will leave the destination to the player.

You can understand the draw to go to Genoa as well as appreciate staying in England and developing in the English game.

Don’t think they will in this case. 

Up to Chelsea if they think the lad needs a year playing at the pace of English football or they consider the competitiveness of a relegation battle in Italy more important to his development. If the decision is the players, he’s off Genoa to make sure he gets an Italian NT place 

Ultimately they just want to make sure he’s playing over anything - so likely to be penalty clauses if he doesn’t play x amount of minutes etc 

20 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

If this falls through please go all out for Hamer!! 

Enzo already loves him 

That might break the Championship transfer record. We have the money ( apparently) but will we spend it?

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Decent source as a writer for the Standard. 

He’s ours 

ordinarily i’d agree, but the comments he made about wanting to play at a higher level means that he might want to wait for them 

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

What a very well written response, and very articulate. Whilst you are completely correct in what you say, one factor you haven’t mentioned is the financial aspect. 

The situation and differences with the monetary landscape between the 90s, ten years ago and now is like comparing chalk and cheese. If you bounce back in one season, you now have the capability to sustain staying up. This wasn’t the case before, hence many more ‘yo-yo’ clubs around at these times.

You could well be right, you know, but I'm not sure how far the changes in the game over 8-9 years have affected this (not to say that I'm unaware of the fact that the game has evolved); whether their impact on promotion strategies are as far-reaching as you fear, and to what extent they contradict those commentators/journalists who maintain that a long-term approach in the FLC favours success in the EPL. I'm still not sure that your approach (the Forest strategy, I guess) is the right one. But, of course, I totally grasp your point, and it definitely isn't some silly, impatient newfangled idea.

I'd also be really interested to hear and learn from what some of this forum's more statistically-enlightened posters had to say on the matter (by which I mean 'more enlightened than me, not than you'!). To what degree does long-term investment - in youth, in longer-term contracts, in managers with a vision for the future like, perhaps, Maresca - lead to better results over 2-3-4 seasons?

56 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Meh...

Genoa - Tourist Guide | Planet of Hotels

Nice pic but is he going to walk around there every day?

This is about his career and playing football for the next nine months, the decision will be a footballing one.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I never ever judge a player on international form. I'm sure he has potential but Maddison he is not.

Fair enough - but equally it's probably unfair on the lad to judge him on his reading form.

And i suspect he's a very different type of player to maddison - who also had to start somewhere....

The other thing that might go in our favour is you'd expect (/hope!) us to be winning more than Genoa this season. You'd think from Chelsea's perspective a year developing a winning mentality, getting used to a possession based style, at Seagrave and learning the English culture would be more valuable* than a relegation scrap (in nicer surroundings).

*I'm probably trying to convince myself really.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Fair enough - but equally it's probably unfair on the lad to judge him on his reading form.

And i suspect he's a very different type of player to maddison - who also had to start somewhere....

True. Isn't he 20? I'm sure Maddison was a year older when we signed him, which was largely on the strength of his previous season, as opposed to the ones before that. If he's the right fit...

• Like 1