Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wout Faes

We have conceded twice in three games and he’s been next to Vestegaard and a (admittedly very good) 19 year old in a new role, he pocketed Simms on the first day, was quality against Huddersfield. Give the guy a break, what are we expecting. Having said that we won’t say no to 15-20m and would be silly to

Edited by LCFCCKEANO
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

What we paid for him 

So £15 million? 

Nah, not for me. We would need to find a replacement on his level or better in just over a week, who has had no time with Enzo or knows any of the squad, and at what cost? Don't think we would see much change from £15million unless was a loan. 

Would have to be £25million this late on for Faes IMO. Like I said, silly money. 

5 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

So £15 million? 

Nah, not for me. We would need to find a replacement on his level or better in just over a week, who has had no time with Enzo or knows any of the squad, and at what cost? Don't think we would see much change from £15million unless was a loan. 

Would have to be £25million this late on for Faes IMO. Like I said, silly money. 

The cost of relegation

if we were still in the prem then we name our price to a degree 

as a championship club we have a problem turning away what we paid and keeping what would be a v unhappy player 

we just have to suck it up and get someone in - maybe this explains the links to THB. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

The cost of relegation

if we were still in the prem then we name our price to a degree 

as a championship club we have a problem turning away what we paid and keeping what would be a v unhappy player 

we just have to suck it up and get someone in - maybe this explains the links to THB. 

Like I said, it is a balancing act, because the best way to get over relegation, is to get promoted at the first time of asking. 

If we don't, then we are looking at far worst financials than we have now. 

If it was all about money now, we would have sold every asset we had, stripped the club to balance the books.

However, it is also about being promoted this season, and so we have to get that balance right, with keeping some of our best players at a potential financial cost. 

That is why I think it would need to be an offer in excess of what we paid for him, to make it viable at this late stage in the window. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Like I said, it is a balancing act, because the best way to get over relegation, is to get promoted at the first time of asking. 

If we don't, then we are looking at far worst financials than we have now. 

If it was all about money now, we would have sold every asset we had, stripped the club to balance the books.

However, it is also about being promoted this season, and so we have to get that balance right, with keeping some of our best players at a potential financial cost. 

That is why I think it would need to be an offer in excess of what we paid for him, to make it viable at this late stage in the window. 

Ok

15,000,001 then 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is the quote from Ben Jacobs that the story is based on:

“To throw in a more distant name, a surprise name, I don’t think anything is advanced at this point because Leicester’s position is clear that they don’t want to sell, but just keep a small eye on Wout Faes, who obviously went down with Leicester and was the Wesley Fofana replacement from last summer.”

“There’s a few clubs looking and I’m told that Tottenham are one of them that have at least discussed the possibility internally. It doesn’t feel like a deal, at this stage, that’s going to progress because of Leicester’s position. It would be a big surprise but again, it’s evidence that Tottenham have got in excess of six centre back names that they’re prepared to move for,” he added.

So even the source himself doesn't actually believe this is going to happen. It's not exactly the hot transfer scoop of the year, is it?

It’s Ben Jacobs, that’s all you need to know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

your just making things hardly put a foot wrong no one is perfect

I'm not making anything up, just calling it as I've seen - As I said, he was very good against Huddersfield.

I can only assume you've been watching a different team to me.

1 minute ago, Finn Claw II said:

He is on a long contract so £25m please. Perhaps it’s all part of a master plan and Soultar will seamlessly fit in once Faes is gone (or perhaps not).

Would be very on-brand for the club.

Pricing ourselves out of being able to move on players who probably don't want to ne here.

2 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

I'm not making anything up, just calling it as I've seen - As I said, he was very good against Huddersfield.

I can only assume you've been watching a different team to me.

I assume you only watched the Huddersfield game and didn't watch any of the others.

2 hours ago, Finn Claw II said:

He is on a long contract so £25m please. Perhaps it’s all part of a master plan and Soultar will seamlessly fit in once Faes is gone (or perhaps not).

Let’s say £40 million, make it interesting. I imagine there will be a long line of suitors banging on Rudders door. 

I’d rather keep the guy. Getting used to Enzo’s system and the new shape. Has been now where near as bad as some suggest or as good as others might have. He has been OK and I think he will improve, as will all the players. Getting late in the day now and with our management team - re transfers only - we are liable to shoot ourselves in both feet whilst amputating an arm 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, STUHILL said:

So £15 million? 

Replace with THB, knows Enzo and is 21, job done

8 hours ago, The boy Linacre said:

Allied to which its great if we keep him, great if we sell him, BUT in this negotiation we hold the nap hand, so that will be £20m please Daniel, you're the ones in a hurry who underpaid for Maddison OR move on!!

We certainly not going to get 20 million from Daniel.:D