Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wout Faes

This is the quote from Ben Jacobs that the story is based on:

“To throw in a more distant name, a surprise name, I don’t think anything is advanced at this point because Leicester’s position is clear that they don’t want to sell, but just keep a small eye on Wout Faes, who obviously went down with Leicester and was the Wesley Fofana replacement from last summer.”

“There’s a few clubs looking and I’m told that Tottenham are one of them that have at least discussed the possibility internally. It doesn’t feel like a deal, at this stage, that’s going to progress because of Leicester’s position. It would be a big surprise but again, it’s evidence that Tottenham have got in excess of six centre back names that they’re prepared to move for,” he added.

So even the source himself doesn't actually believe this is going to happen. It's not exactly the hot transfer scoop of the year, is it?

2 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

another player we can't afford to lose like Nacho if we have any intention of going up this season.

If we swap him for THB I'm not sure it's that much of a loss, maybe even a gain!

Edited by Simmo86
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Sell - get in THB and Ronnie Edwards

I don't want to sell Faes but if he hands in a transfer request, I wouldn't be too against this.

That would leave Coady, Doyle, Vestergaard, THB, Justin, Edwards and Nelson as our potential CB options. Justin is also a potential in the full-back to outside CB role on either side. Could he also be a candidate as backup for Ricardo's full-back to centre-midfield role? And could any of the others above also be thought of as backup for that role?

I've not listed Souttar or Castagne as I guess they're frozen out and won't be involved at all whether they're here or not.

And if the above came to pass, I'd assume Nelson would be available for loan or even Vestergaard could be on his way despite being ever present so far.

32 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Faes is ****ing shit 

Compared too? Need a benchmark or is just some reference to his slight onomatopoeic name?

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

No they aren't

It was more tongue in cheek because people keep bringing up Vestergaard, despite the fact he's been okay so far this season. I never rated Faes in the PL, as much as I didn't rate Vestergaard in the PL for us, but Faes has been good at this level (particularly the Huddersfield game).

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

Just now, AKCJ said:

Why is it bizarre? He's been excellent this season.

He was excellent against Huddersfield.

If you rate him, that’s fair enough - I’m not going to bother arguing your opinion.

But he wasn’t ‘excellent’ in the other two league games was he. Not even close in fact.

If we can recoup our money on him, it would be a massive result for us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

If you rate him, that’s fair enough - I’m not going to bother arguing your opinion.

But he wasn’t ‘excellent’ in the other two league games was he. Not even close in fact.

Depends who comes in

4 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

your just making things hardly put a foot wrong no one is perfect

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

It's clear you've made up your mind based on his performances in the Premier League.

Get Coady in the team and Faes gets into the Championship team of the year. He's too good for this level.

• Like 2

Unless a silly offer comes in, he has to stay at this stage in the window. 

He has done OK so far, but will get better with Coady alongside him IMO. 

We are 4 from 4 and momentum will be key, with the ultimate goal of promotion, where the money for achieving that, will dwarf any sales we can do late in this window. We have to get the balance right, and key to that will be not disrupting our starting 11 so late in the window. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

Unless a silly offer comes in, he has to stay at this stage in the window. 

He has done OK so far, but will get better with Coady alongside him IMO. 

We are 4 from 4 and momentum will be key, with the ultimate goal of promotion, where the money for achieving that, will dwarf any sales we can do late in this window. We have to get the balance right, and key to that will be not disrupting our starting 11 so late in the window. 

No way do we turn away a reasonable bid and stop the fella going to spurs 

Would be disastrous for our season to keep a player under those circumstances 

If spurs make an offer that covers our exposure re ffp and wage commitment then he’s leaving 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

No way do we turn away a reasonable bid and stop the fella going to spurs 

Would be disastrous for our season to keep a player under those circumstances 

If spurs make an offer that covers our exposure re ffp and wage commitment then he’s leaving 

Guess it comes down to what you regard as reasonable?