Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wout Faes

3 hours ago, Claridge said:

Think you have answered your own question. Can be excellent but then has a complete brain fart and costs a goal . Should get away with them in the championship and hopefully learn to concentrate

Morgan had a brain fart in pretty much every game when we first signed him and he cost us a lot of goals, but look what happend to him and us after that. 

Faes had a difficult start to his career with us and it's difficult to recover from that. He looked like he was trying too hard in games. This season is a new start and I'm hoping he settles down and does well for us. 

• Like 1

With his 'dream' of playing in the Premier League, I would stick with us. He isn't going to get any offers anytime soon with how he defended. His best option is to stick with us for the year, build his confidence and performances up over the season and give it another crack with us. His international manager has said he can still play with Championship football. He has looked decent at this level, to sell would mean that we need to plug another gap following his and Souttars departure. 

We could see before the World Cup how good he can be, however I would hope we have good quality replacement should liability Faes return. I would expect that he is one of the six, given he has played 90 minutes in both games.

Edited by scinnell

18 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

Morgan had a brain fart in pretty much every game when we first signed him and he cost us a lot of goals, but look what happend to him and us after that. 

Faes had a difficult start to his career with us and it's difficult to recover from that. He looked like he was trying too hard in games. This season is a new start and I'm hoping he settles down and does well for us. 

Me too

57 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

When? What games?

Morgan never cost us as much as Faes did.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

When? What games?

Morgan never cost us as much as Faes did.

He made a lot of errors when he first came. Made the wrong decision lots of times. Tried to play it out when he should have row Z'd it and game the ball away far to often. 

We used to say he need to watch how Wasilewski clears the ball and stop making so many mistakes. 

It's such a simplified argument to blame last season's woeful defending on the defence. It was the set up.

Opposing centre halves or deep midfielders running unchallenged for 60 or 70 yards to the edge of our box. Even the best individual defenders would have problems in defending that, and watching their man, and runners and holding their line....and even after all that, for 26 games having a keeper who let in anything, absolutely anything, on target. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's such a simplified argument to blame last season's woeful defending on the defence. It was the set up.

Opposing centre halves or deep midfielders running unchallenged for 60 or 70 yards to the edge of our box. Even the best individual defenders would have problems in defending that, and watching their man, and runners and holding their line....and even after all that, for 26 games having a keeper who let in anything, absolutely anything, on target. 

Yes, I agree that set-up was often poor and played a part, but individual players were poor too. 

Even in the best setup, you still need players to make and execute the right decisions. 

23 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

He leaves his fellow centre half far too exposed. He is a car crash of a defender one of the worst I saw last season in the premier league. 
He might look half decent against Coventry and Burton but that’s about his level. I don’t rate him and would sell immediately.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes, I agree that set-up was often poor and played a part, but individual players were poor too. 

Even in the best setup, you still need players to make and execute the right decisions. 

Individual players were poor due to the poor man management skills of a certain notebook enthusiast.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Turkish clubs don't ever actually sign players from English Leagues because they just don't have the money or are bunch of tight c*nts so no, he won't be going. Turkish clubs are joke clubs.

English clubs are the jokes for overpaying for average players.

39 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Couldn't see much change against Cov to be honest. Defending looked hopeless, concede from corners, ball over the top etc...

Perhaps its the players?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Individual players were poor due to the poor man management skills of a certain notebook enthusiast.

So the players carry zero blame for last season? It's all on Rodgers?

There wasn't even a new manager bounce when he left.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

And yet better finishing on Sunday would have seen us lose the game, as Coventry were consistently in with simple quick direct balls.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Errors continued after Rodgers left. Ndidi and Maddison both passing to opposition players to score as examples.

Yes Rodgers killed us but don't take any blame off the players.

45 minutes ago, tetly said:

He leaves his fellow centre half far too exposed. He is a car crash of a defender one of the worst I saw last season in the premier league. 
He might look half decent against Coventry and Burton but that’s about his level. I don’t rate him and would sell immediately.

Completely agree.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

He’s got the physical tools to be a really good defender, and this system should suit him, he’s comfortable on the ball and good at winning individual battles. But on the flip side mentally I think he’s poor, he’s erratic, struggles to read the flight of the ball and loses concentration. He needs a leader around him as he’s not a leader himself. 

When he first came in, other than Bournemouth away, he looked a good find. But after those own goals at Anfield he was terrible, it really affected him.

But the was my premier league assessment. Even with those question marks he should be able to play with a cigar on in the league. He’s someone I’d persist with if he 100% wants to stay. I think Enzo could unlock a lot more from him. If he wants out cut our losses and replace him

Zero chance he leaves while the manager is acknowledging that he wants more CBs and that Souttar is on the discard list. 

Faes has years and years on his contract which probably had a big reduction clause for relegation and he's reportedly a good professional. 

He's stuck here and he's not going to force a move. Nobody that likely wants him as the finances to force our hand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tetly said:

Well if thats is level thats are level right now and if its enough to get us out the league then why sell him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Couldn't see much change against Cov to be honest. Defending looked hopeless, concede from corners, ball over the top etc...

Perhaps its the players?

Our defence against Coventry was as bad as it has been for the last 12 months. The difference is that last year we had PL level attacking players to punish us, now we're against championship level attacking players so our mistakes weren't punished. If we want to finish in the top 2 of this division we cant be leaving results to chance, Faes and especially Vestegaard are not good enough to close the opposition out of games, even at this level.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, tetly said:

Yep.

Would love us to get half of the money back we paid for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

With 4 years left surely we’d want more than any Turkish team would pay?

You would think so. Its not your usual surplus to requirements player that they can offer to pay 12 lira spread over a year for but get the media all in a hype that they really want the player. 

Edited by desertfox2
Turkish