Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wout Faes

42 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Yep no idea either. Our defence has been horrific for way too long and he’s been implicit ever since his first game v spurs. 

I'm still not sure either way and was at Anfield for his match winning performance last year BUT I was also at Everton, West Ham & Wolves A last year and also Forest home & Newcastle A, a lot of the time with Dan Amartey.

So who knows, he generally looks a bit slap happy & switches off at times , which is probably his issue, sort that and he could be decent for the price we paid even in the top flight.

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Yep no idea either. Our defence has been horrific for way too long and he’s been implicit ever since his first game v spurs. 

Someone on here told me he was great in that Spurs game the other day. One of the worst football takes I’ve ever heard. He was a laughing stock.

14 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

basically the same as last time tbf, while it would be a bit naff to see him go, if we got THB in to replace him i think it would be decent

Totally agree! THB to replace and I’ll be happy.

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I like Faes. Would be gutted.

Of course, if this THB is so good, why don't Spurs just sign him and not Faes? On that alone, I'd rathe stick than twist

I actually don’t know. Wout for me is awful always has a mistake in him. I’d be happy for him to leave if we replaced with THB. Wout don’t want to be here anyways he’s lost 2 of his compatriots with Dennis potentially going aswell! I think we’re in for a busy last few days and I’m excited.

I would not be happy with this. I think it would be too much to replace him and Vesty so close to the end of the window. If we can get a pattern going,  and persuade him to stay  until January, I think that would be the better..

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This wouldn't be a timothy castagne fire sale, if spurs want him, we want to keep him and with 3 days left in the transfer window this could and should be silly money. 

Yes, you have to make it worth our while. Considering it's Tottenham coming for him and not Luton Town and consider we paid £15m for him we should only entertain bids of £25m+ and have a replacement in our sights like Harwood-Bellis.

This after all is a hostile bid very late in the window.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MPH said:

I would not be happy with this. I think it would be too much to replace him and Vesty so close to the end of the window. If we can get a pattern going,  and persuade him to stay  until January, I think that would be the better..

Vestegaard is going nowhere, lets be honest. 

No club that doesn't have Jon Rudkin as part of its recruitment team has watched him and decided he's worth taking on ability alone. And, even if they had, when they sit down to any negotiation and see how much he's earning they'll laugh in our face and play the groundsman at centre half instead. 

8 hours ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Vestegaard is going nowhere, lets be honest. 

No club that doesn't have Jon Rudkin as part of its recruitment team has watched him and decided he's worth taking on ability alone. And, even if they had, when they sit down to any negotiation and see how much he's earning they'll laugh in our face and play the groundsman at centre half instead. 

Let's be fair, Rudkin isn't and wasn't head of recruitment. That falls squarely at Congerton's feet. Signing off the contract is Rudkin's part in this, based off Congerton and Rodgers' recommendations.

On topic: Earlier in the window I'd have been fine with Faes leaving. Now I'm not so sure. IMHO the attacking players can fluctuate over the course of a season, but the defence should remain pretty much the same. Why break up a good thing so far?

On 24/08/2023 at 14:56, LCFCCKEANO said:

We have conceded twice in three games and he’s been next to Vestegaard and a (admittedly very good) 19 year old in a new role, he pocketed Simms on the first day, was quality against Huddersfield. Give the guy a break, what are we expecting. Having said that we won’t say no to 15-20m and would be silly to

Spot on, and he pocketed none other than Harry Kane in the home game against Spurs last season ... Yes, he SEEMS to be a bombscare sometimes, but overall he's a more than average defender : he wouldn't be a Belgian international if he wasn't!

2 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Keep. But I think he's got ideas above us, and probably wants out

I'd try to keep him as well. I don't think he wants to get out at any cost but, given his status as a Belgian international and the upcoming European Championship, I wouldn't be surprised  to see him leave. There's a lot of competition in the Belgian defense and I fear staying in the EFL Championship won't increase his chances of being selected by Tedesco.

Happy to keep, happy to sell, it's all price dependent.

If a big club like Tottenham want him when he's not for sale and there is 48 hours of the window open then this qualifies as a hostile bid this late in the window, if they want him they have to pay through the nose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah? 

Bel-Tun_(23)_2_(cropped).jpg

GettyImages-1236338461-scaled.jpg

PA-46303194.jpg

Your point being ...??? I could post pictures of Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, ... to support my opinion.

By the way, was Castagne really that bad, or are you just p*ssed off because he's gone?

Just now, The Belgian said:

was Castagne really that bad, or are you just p*ssed off because he's gone

I dont hold ill will for anyone that leaves. Some do, I personally don't. It's just business. 

But Castagne is an extremely average (to poor) defender. His strengths very much lie at the other end of the pitch. 

And I never said you hadn't produced any good centre backs but you said you don't get in the Belgian side if you're a sub par defender, when clearly that's not exactly the case. Golden generation you might have had but you still have some suspect depth in places. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1