Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Taylor Harwood-Bellis

5 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Don't need him. A striker and we are sorted for now until Jan. It's the 6 or 7 players out still that is the priority for me. 

We need cover and depth - if Vestergaard, Coady and Doyle are injured we have no central defenders.

Edit - Forgot about Faes!

Edited by Tuna

18 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

I’m not sure he will. He’ll go for Premier League football even if it’s just for a season.

He won’t, unless it’s for a better team than Forest. He’s been educated at Man City, he will know this project has more longevity in it than Forest flirt with the premier league (which will be temporary).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Maybe

Harwood-Bellis, Coady, Doyle

Faes, Vestergaard, Justin

Likely to end up being a lot of rotation going on the further into the season we go so it would be a good group of players to be able to rotate

I think it will be the Castagne deal that allows us to try and get Harwood-Bellis

I think Faes would be quite shocked to not be starting, but I do like the look of THB, Coady, Doyle. 

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think Faes would be quite shocked to not be starting, but I do like the look of THB, Coady, Doyle. 

Likely to be the problem we face if we do sign THB as then we would probably have at least 4 centre backs that expect to be starting once Coady is back, and then including JJ as well

Someone will get left out that wont like it

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Likely to be the problem we face if we do sign THB as then we would probably have at least 4 centre backs that expect to be starting once Coady is back, and then including JJ as well

And in a position where I want to see as little rotation as possible quite frankly. All of the "it's a long season we need millions of players nobody can play every game" stuff is rubbish at the best of times (I guarantee most clubs that win the Championship have their best players start 90%+ games) but especially with centre backs.

Of all the positions on the pitch I think it's most important that your CBs gel as a consistent unit. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

True, although prefer that than players who are content on the bench. 

I suspect we will have injuries to contend with anyway, so Faes probably still gets a large chunk of games. 

20 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

And in a position where I want to see as little rotation as possible quite frankly. All of the "it's a long season we need millions of players nobody can play every game" stuff is rubbish at the best of times (I guarantee most clubs that win the Championship have their best players start 90%+ games) but especially with centre backs.

Of all the positions on the pitch I think it's most important that your CBs gel as a consistent unit. 

I think THB is such a clear upgrade on Faes that he will be worth it. Faes has struggled in our last 2 games against Cardiff and Rotherham. I fear what his performances will be like against the better attacking sides in the league like Norwich, southampton, leeds, west brom etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sankey93 said:

Yea agree I’d be happy if we signed edwards but no links ? THB I’d prefer but wouldn’t complain with Ronnie.

Pretty sure there were links with him back end of last season, but admittedly not seen any recently.

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I mean, yes they got hammered by Derby but none of the goals from what I've seen looked to be errors by Edwards.

Somebody on this very forum said he was taken apart by Waghorn.  And this forum is a VERY reliable source of information. 

• Haha 1

I have a feeling this will happen as soon as someone is out the door.

It's definitely an area we could do with an extra body. We have no idea how up to speed Coady will be or how well he'll bounce back from the injury. If the price is feasible it's a no brainer. Kids gonna be worth triple what we pay in the new few years!

Maybe with the money from the impending sale of castagne this will get pushed through?