Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Taylor Harwood-Bellis

Does make me chuckle the reactions on this forum… “no chance of signing him, he’s off to the prem”…… yet we’ve managed to sign the likes of Coady and Winks who are clearly premier league quality and proven, and this guy isn’t yet? 

If we can pay the money, we stand a chance….. head to head you would chose us over Southampton, which is a fact no matter how difficult some of our fans will find that idea. 

For us it’s just a case of if we can or are willing to spend the money. If money wasn’t a factor we could beat any team in this team to a signing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

If we sign this chap I will post a thread asking for everyone’s LCFC double-barrelled surname 11. 

I actually can’t think of any? Actually is Wanya one? 

1 minute ago, 87fox said:

Dewsbury-Hall, Daley-Campbell, Marcal-Madivadua

Meant to quote you here.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, James_lcfc said:

Should have spent the Coady money on him if he is available.

...and no, not because Coady is injured or not a decent player. It's just the sort of player profile we should be looking to invest in.

This was the main frustration at the time with Coady. As solid as you can argue it is at Champ level there is zero future proofing with transfers of that ilk. It's a fee + wages we've lost and that's that. 

THB being available (if he was at the point we signed CC) would have made infinitley more sense in terms of trying to avoid the s**t show that has been our recruitment which is currently hamstringing us in the rebuild.

Buy young, talented players we will have even half a chance to shift in the future you helmets!! 

8 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

If we sign this chap I will post a thread asking for everyone’s LCFC double-barrelled surname 11. 

I actually can’t think of any? Actually is Wanya one? 

5 minutes ago, 87fox said:

Dewsbury-Hall, Daley-Campbell, Marcal-Madivadua

Taylor-fletcher 👀 

• Like 1

This would mean defence is sorted completely.  Get rid of jannick and Harry leaving…..

faes

coady

TWB

Doyle

justin

nelson 

all options at CB. However I don’t not think for one minute this will happen. Very little chance. 

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's a very good player, was in the team that got promoted last year. But I feel like this is a "nice to have" signing instead of a must-have. How are we going into game 3 of the league campaign with only one winger signed? Mavididi has looked pretty good so far, but what if he gets injured? I feel like we are at least 2 short in the wide areas.  

We are playing with Faes and Vestegaard in defence currently. Yes Faes has been good but we still dont look solid defensively and Faes cant be trusted if we get promoted. Our backup in Souttar is probably on the way out as well. A young CB of THB's quality is very much needed.

27 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

This was the main frustration at the time with Coady. As solid as you can argue it is at Champ level there is zero future proofing with transfers of that ilk. It's a fee + wages we've lost and that's that. 

THB being available (if he was at the point we signed CC) would have made infinitley more sense in terms of trying to avoid the s**t show that has been our recruitment which is currently hamstringing us in the rebuild.

Buy young, talented players we will have even half a chance to shift in the future you helmets!! 

We went down because we had no leaders or characters!

You have to have a blend of young talent and a few old heads. 

It is about the sum of the parts, not just the individual parts. 

Why can't we have Coady and THB? 

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

We can, we just won't 

There will definitely be interest in our players.

We just seem to refuse to budge from our valuations. Which is ridiculous when we have to keep paying them huge wages, while they hang around like a bad smell until they can leave on a free transfer.

I'm sure we do move from our valuations because the alternative is either to have a staring contest or not sell at all.

If you had to sell your house because you really wanted to move and it hadn't sold for a year and someone offer you 95% of the asking price then it's foolish to sit tight and demand 98-100%. 

If clubs aren't prepared to meet our asking price when these players have been for sale in a global market all summer you either accept a lower offer or keep the player.

41 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

No point future proofing if you can't get promoted.

We needed characters and leaders and that's what Coady offers along with being a great player at this level.

• Like 4

He'll want to start, even when everyone's fit. So one of Faes/Coady/Doyle drops to the bench, or he's an outright squad replacement for Faes? Doesn't make sense.

Would be a good investment, England u23 captain and all, high pedigree Man City lad and a Champion with Burnley. You could say he's proven himself in the Championship now and has earned a Premier League opportunity.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Still some gaping holes in my double-barrelled LCFC 11:

Keeper-keeper

Harwood-Bellis*
Daley-Campbell

Parker-Bowles

Taylor-Clarke

Midfield-midfield

Midfield-midfield

Dewsbury-Hall

Marcal-Madivadua

Taylor-Fletcher

Edwards-John (Kairo)

Camilla would be letting goals go in through the gaps in her teeth,  never mind her positioning….

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

No point future proofing if you can't get promoted.

We needed characters and leaders and that's what Coady offers along with being a great player at this level.

Harwood Bellis was captain for England U21s when they won the tournament, ahead of established PL players like Colwill, Smith-Rowe, Curtis Jones etc. He was also a starter for Burnley when they wont the championship, he very well could be a future england captain in the making, a strong leader already despite his age. 

Edited by honeybradger

6 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

He'll want to start, even when everyone's fit. So one of Faes/Coady/Doyle drops to the bench, or he's an outright squad replacement for Faes? Doesn't make sense.

Would be a good investment, England u23 captain and all, high pedigree Man City lad and a Champion with Burnley. You could say he's proven himself in the Championship now and has earned a Premier League opportunity.

I agree, Though it may well be that Enzo wants to rest players after every few games. Particulary Defenders in the system he's developing.

We know how demanding this league is, We can't expect players to play 46 games + Cups.

Bellis has a proven himself at this level and even in his few Prem games he never let anyone down.

He has a big future ahead of him and it's surely money in the Bank if we can manage to sign him.

• Like 1

Guest Sideshow Faes
1 hour ago, DezFox said:

This would mean defence is sorted completely.  Get rid of jannick and Harry leaving…..

faes

coady

TWB

Doyle

justin

nelson 

all options at CB. However I don’t not think for one minute this will happen. Very little chance. 

Yannick hasn't done too much wrong this season and he can't be blamed for his lack of pace if we decide to okay him in a high line. Given we're playing him I think we need to give the bloke a chance.

50 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Harwood Bellis was captain for England U21s when they won the tournament, ahead of established PL players like Colwill, Smith-Rowe, Curtis Jones etc. He was also a starter for Burnley when they wont the championship, he very well could be a future england captain in the making, a strong leader already despite his age. 

Still an unknown quantity though, Coady is proven.