Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Taylor Harwood-Bellis

From Percy’s article re: Cole Palmer to Chelsea

“Meanwhile, City centre-half Taylor Harwood-Bellis is another academy product expected to move before Friday’s deadline.

Nottingham Forest have the England under-21 captain on a list of potential additions, while Championship clubs Leeds and Southampton are also keen on a loan deal.

It is understood that former City coach Enzo Maresca, now the manager of Leicester City, is now unlikely to sign him.”

• Like 2
  • Sad 7

1 minute ago, Aleksz said:

From Percy’s article re: Cole Palmer to Chelsea

“Meanwhile, City centre-half Taylor Harwood-Bellis is another academy product expected to move before Friday’s deadline.

Nottingham Forest have the England under-21 captain on a list of potential additions, while Championship clubs Leeds and Southampton are also keen on a loan deal.

It is understood that former City coach Enzo Maresca, now the manager of Leicester City, is now unlikely to sign him.”

I wonder if that is because he is happy enough with Faes and dare I say it... Vestergaard 

• Sad 1

For me it seems like many of the Man City players have been linked with are a year too late. Mactee, palmer, THB, Borges all will get moves level above as they have done their time in championship or youth etc. Would be annoying if they went to championship and we are not in for any of them.

Maybe Enzo wanted him but as Vestergaard is determined to never leave us, and we have Faes, Doyle and Coady, with Justin capable to play the Doyle role and so maybe there just isn't the budget and we don't see value in pushing Faes or Doyle or Coady to the bench. 

I would have liked him, but can see why it maybe a stretch for us. 

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Maybe Enzo wanted him but as Vestergaard is determined to never leave us, and we have Faes, Doyle and Coady, with Justin capable to play the Doyle role and so maybe there just isn't the budget and we don't see value in pushing Faes or Doyle or Coady to the bench. 

I would have liked him, but can see why it maybe a stretch for us. 

In fairness in interviews, vestergaard has said he didnt see himself playing in the second tier and wants to be back in a top5 league, Makes u think Maresca favours him.

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

It does feel a bit like the money may be better spent on a midfielder. Especially if Souttar stays. We are looking fairly light for real number 8s, even if Ndidi and Soumaré stay and I don’t think either will. 

We need some physicality in midfield as if N'didi and Soumare leave, we are pretty lightweight in there

I know we need to think about current playing squad and how to get out of this division but you also have to think about the future and the assets we have. If he is available like suggested for 15m we should be moving heaven and earth to shift 1/2 of  faes/jannick/souttar on to bring him in. We know how good all 3 them are in the prem and we also know their value will not increase from where it is now. This guy would be a major asset, his value is going only one way and that, like Doyle,  is up.

If we keep hold of current players because they are performing well in the championship we could be in serious trouble if we don’t go up.  Next year could see nacho, ndidi, jannick, praet, vardy all move on for free and no money to rebuild. We would also see casedai and Doyle return to parents clubs and need to replace about 7 players on with a a proper championship budget. Although these have been quite exciting I do feel like we are missing some opitunities to rely on players that are decreasing in value and contract length. 

Obviously it could just be that realistically we can’t shift these players on and the opportunities I’m talking about are simply too expensive or out of reach. 🤷🏼‍♂️  

This was always pie in the sky. Players who have a really top season in the championship and get promoted like THD, McAtee wouldn't want to do another season down here. I'm surprised we got Callum Doyle to be honest. It's a shame as he would have been perfect. If Leeds get him then pretty much give them the title.

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

This was always pie in the sky. Players who have a really top season in the championship and get promoted like THD, McAtee wouldn't want to do another season down here. I'm surprised we got Callum Doyle to be honest. It's a shame as he would have been perfect. If Leeds get him then pretty much give them the title.

I'm not convinced this is a no go, particularly if we go in for a permanent deal. He may see it as a way to playing Premier League football within 12 months that is with a progressive club, playing a style he is comfortable with. However, I don't understand why Burnley haven't pursued him if he was that good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

So players won't want another season in the championship BUT you worry that Leeds may get him. Does this make sense for you because it doesn't for me?

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I'm not convinced this is a no go, particularly if we go in for a permanent deal. He may see it as a way to playing Premier League football within 12 months that is with a progressive club, playing a style he is comfortable with. However, I don't understand why Burnley haven't pursued him if he was that good.

For the 239th time, Burnley were worried that Man City would want a buy-back option.

Just now, hackneyfox said:

For the 239th time, Burnley were worried that Man City would want a buy-back option.

I would have run with that if I were Burnley. Kelechi had one, but it was never activated. If you get 3 good seasons out of a prospect before he goes back to one of the big boys, so be it. They'll probably insist on it wherever he goes.

I think getting another centre back in would have been in case Faes left which its looking like he isn't. With Coady to come back, Faes, Vester, Doyle plus Justin can play there and Souttar hasn't left yet, it would be well over board bringing in another centre back. 

• Like 2