Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Taylor Harwood-Bellis

2 hours ago, blaaklint said:

wout this season has won 0 out of 3 aerial duels. jannik is 5 from 8.  vestergaard also has a better record than faes over the last five seasons.

wout is definitely faster tho

As a CB you can play yourself into a position where you don’t need to contest aerial duels. No way have the opposition put their striker into almost 3x as many aerial duels against JV than WF.

You can defend higher or ease your opponent out of a duel before it occurs. 

I could be wrong but I doubt the aerial duels WF has conceded have cost us anything.

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

As a CB you can play yourself into a position where you don’t need to contest aerial duels. No way have the opposition put their striker into almost 3x as many aerial duels against JV than WF.

You can defend higher or ease your opponent out of a duel before it occurs. 

I could be wrong but I doubt the aerial duels WF has conceded have cost us anything.

We seem very good at conceding corners and free kicks near the penalty box so some aerial competence is needed.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

We’re going to end up signing THB before a winging aren’t we lol 

Think the difference is it's easier to get players to "fill in" on the wings. Although I still expect us to sign a winger. 

You can't often ask a player to just fill in at CB.  This should be a priority signing considering the injury to Coady and Vesty being one of the slowest players I've ever seen. 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Aerial duels won is a pretty significant indicator of a succesful centre back in English football. 

There's a direct correlation between teams that are appalling at defending set pieces and teams with low stats for aerial duels. 

You just cannot have a team completely lacking in height / aerial ability. It's why we went after Souttar. 

Granted, this doesn't mean all of our defenders have to be massive but having a back three with every single one of them being under the 70th percentile for aerial duels would be a recipe for another season of leaking goals from crosses and set pieces all over. 

4 hours ago, davieG said:

We seem very good at conceding corners and free kicks near the penalty box so some aerial competence is needed.

Yeah absolutely, I can’t disagree with either of you. 

From what I’ve seen so far this season (small sample, granted), I’d much rather have Faes than Vestergaard, but if I was to replace JV, it would be with someone dominant in the air. Faes aggression on the ground is fantastic and is useful for the current set up imo. 

Coady isn’t that guy I don’t think. Souttar, although un-fancied it seems, is absolutely colossal in the air.

I think Enzo will pick his CBs to suit his style of play which will leave us exposed from set pieces.

Casadei might be useful, as Wilf has been in the past, although now seems to get beaten more often than not.

• Like 1

If we did I would take it. Defence sorted, center mid pretty strong. Just then concentrate on shifting deadwood for anything and signing 2 attacking players. 1 RW/AMC and 1 winger/striker. But then again this is me playing football manager 😂