Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Taylor Harwood-Bellis

1 hour ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Yannick hasn't done too much wrong this season and he can't be blamed for his lack of pace if we decide to okay him in a high line. Given we're playing him I think we need to give the bloke a chance.

He is in his final year on silly money. Get rid 100%, been sold on 2 separate occasions. Lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sideshow Faes said:

Yannick hasn't done too much wrong this season and he can't be blamed for his lack of pace if we decide to okay him in a high line. Given we're playing him I think we need to give the bloke a chance.

Assuming you mean Jannick*, he is the biggest liability along with Ward in out squad. We need rid ASAP. Need Coady back and this THB!

• Like 3

I’d be happy with a buy option. (Obviously needs a year extension at Man City) would mean our defence if potentially promoted would be fairly complete for the prem with a mixture of experience and youth with great potential (assuming we’d go for Doyle as well, which so far so good). 

Guest Sideshow Faes
29 minutes ago, DezFox said:

He is in his final year on silly money. Get rid 100%, been sold on 2 separate occasions. Lol 

If an offer comes that's fine but at the moment it looks like he's going to be here and involved so I just think people need to put the past to one side and get behind him

32 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Doesn't look like there is any interest in him. It looks like we will have to bite the bullet & keep him for the season.

I don't see him playing much when Coady returns !

24 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Doesn't look like there is any interest in him. It looks like we will have to bite the bullet & keep him for the season.

I don't see him playing much when Coady returns !

A week is a long time in football , don't bet your house on it.

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

We went down because we had no leaders or characters!

You have to have a blend of young talent and a few old heads. 

It is about the sum of the parts, not just the individual parts. 

Why can't we have Coady and THB? 

Probably because we won't spend the money to get him. Due, in large part, to our atrocious recruitment model mentioned which sees us struggling to offload players on astronomical wages. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

https://x.com/beyondthe90lcfc/status/1691863627559563372?s=46&t=V-qCfESVnrtM8La7pqjc7w

Pinch of salt, but they were right about him to begin with..

tbf would seem logical, get him on loan for the rest of the season, we buy him at the end of the season for £8/12mil  

certainly on the way out of City too

think its a win win all round

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

Given our apparent inability to move on squad players, we already stand to start the season with 5 senior GKs, 5 senior CBs and 5 senior FBs still on the books, all on big money. Given this, surely we need to shift some of these players before we think about buying yet another defender?

In any case whilst I don't doubt this guy is a good player, would he even start when Coady is fit as you'd think the first choice back 3 then would be Faes, Coady and Doyle. Yes, you could argue that Doyle would drop out but with the inverted full back on the right we surely need a left footer on the left side of defence, as per the Man City system and THB is a right footer.

If we have money available I'm strongly of the view that we need to spend it on wingers, not a CB - compared to the phalanx of GKs and defenders we have, we have only 1 senior first choice winger, which leaves us very vulnerable, I think. 

Having said all that, maybe Coady's injury is worse than they've said and/or we plan to sell Faes; otherwise, I'm struggling to see this potential transfer as a priority. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Having said all that, maybe Coady's injury is worse than they've said and/or we plan to sell Faes; otherwise, I'm struggling to see this potential transfer as a priority. 

why do people keeping thinking we want to get rid of Faes, been said now for the 2nd summer in a row we want to move on Vestergaard. for me he fits alot less than Faes, JV is less mobile and worse in the air(dunno how)

the club will want least what they paid for him and i doubt any turkish team will

THB does tick all the boxes we'd want in terms of a defender imo

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

why do people keeping thinking we want to get rid of Faes, been said now for the 2nd summer in a row we want to move on Vestergaard. for me he fits alot less than Faes, JV is less mobile and worse in the air(dunno how)

the club will want least what they paid for him and i doubt any turkish team will

I'm not saying we want to get rid of Faes but if we get the right offer from a club he wants to join then we might decide to cash in. Ideally we would sell Vesty but nobody is going to offer him the wages we are paying so he'll see out the last year of his contract, I suspect. 

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Given our apparent inability to move on squad players, we already stand to start the season with 5 senior GKs, 5 senior CBs and 5 senior FBs still on the books, all on big money. Given this, surely we need to shift some of these players before we think about buying yet another defender?

In any case whilst I don't doubt this guy is a good player, would he even start when Coady is fit as you'd think the first choice back 3 then would be Faes, Coady and Doyle. Yes, you could argue that Doyle would drop out but with the inverted full back on the right we surely need a left footer on the left side of defence, as per the Man City system and THB is a right footer.

If we have money available I'm strongly of the view that we need to spend it on wingers, not a CB - compared to the phalanx of GKs and defenders we have, we have only 1 senior first choice winger, which leaves us very vulnerable, I think. 

So you think those 3 can play 46 plus cup games? We need a fourth option who is actually a CB not a makeshift one.

4 hours ago, JimJams said:

Why? Are Southampton good now they've lost their midfield?

They will be one of the better teams still, but i think the OP was more alluding to the fact that someone like Che Adams or Armstrong are much less likely to fluff the kind of chances that the Cov strikers did.

The Cov result was a good one, but lets not forget they should have been out of sight had it not been for none league level finishing.

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

wout this season has won 0 out of 3 aerial duels. jannik is 5 from 8.  vestergaard also has a better record than faes over the last five seasons.

wout is definitely faster tho

1 minute ago, blaaklint said:

wout this season has won 0 out of 3 aerial duels. jannik is 5 from 8.  vestergaard also has a better record than faes over the last five seasons.

wout is definitely faster tho

yeah but come on, Vestergaard even said he wanted out, and hes not mobile or quick enough to be a starter or even on the bench for me, dont get me wrong hes doing a decent job atm, but we should just get rid, 

Jannik might be 5 from 8 but most of the time he dont have to jump to head it and when he does he seems to get smaller

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

yeah but come on, Vestergaard even said he wanted out, and hes not mobile or quick enough to be a starter or even on the bench for me, dont get me wrong hes doing a decent job atm, but we should just get rid, 

Jannik might be 5 from 8 but most of the time he dont have to jump to head it and when he does he seems to get smaller

I'm not sure I can remember such a tall defender who is so poor in the air ... I think Mendy was better aerially  !!

Edited by gurru991