Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

Yeah, I like him. Exciting and unpredictable. Beat his man time and again with ease.

Wild shot over the bar and the two-footer at the end show the flipside - we'll definitely have to take the rough with the smooth.

Give me that any day over safety first, cut inside, and pass it back. Looking forward to seeing more of him!

Edited by egg_fried_rice
  • Like 4

Just now, DennisNedry said:

Yunus was in from the start and contributed nothing. Mavididi has to start over him for me, based on today's game.

Yunus beat his man once with ease on the outside but he was simply stifling himself constantly by coming inside or making a safe backwards pass. 

He also put a nice though ball into, I think, Ndidi which came to nothing. 

He clearly needs some confidence to take his man on.  Bit like Mavididi, both cut inside into traffic too often.  

Change it up, get on the outside and drill some crosses in, that caused Hull a few moments of panic albeit we didn't actually capitalise.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Yunus was in from the start and contributed nothing. Mavididi has to start over him for me, based on today's game.

Yeah happy for those two to alternate. Just feels like Mavididi is becoming a little sloppy and we haven't seen enough of Yunus to know what he's all about yet.

The big ones are Fatawu in and dropping KDH for somebody.

1 hour ago, maynefox said:

Him and McAteer on the wings. Other wingers haven't convinced me.

Macateer hadn't convinced me either but he looked far better and more unpredictable than Yunis (tho harsh to judge in game 1) and Mavdidi (who I dont rage) 

This lad tho. He's got it. It's there. The touch, the 5 yard instant pace, the low centre of gravity. Looked like Gnonto at Leeds last season (who i rate) 

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

promising from Fatawu, not getting overly excited yet after Tete,

but signs he could be good, hopefully he starts the Southampton game

Don't worry. There is absolutely zero in common with Tete. Even on that debut, it was clear to all that Tete couldn't beat anyone with pace nor had any positional sense

Basically Tete was total shite in every metric. This lad isn't. Basta.

Absolute #baller. Great to see dribbling on the right side again, it’s been so long. Unfortunately if he carries on like that week in week out, he’ll be quickly snapped up by Chelsea and left to gather dust with the other 20 young attacking players they collect and rarely play. 

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

Watched the match today and felt Yunus wasn’t used to the intensity and physicality of our league. I think his match fitness is others in the team.
I think he’s more like a player that plays further up the pitch because he hasn’t shown the pace or strength that the other wingers have shown.