Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

On 03/09/2023 at 13:50, AKCJ said:

Anyone get a good view of his tackle that he got booked for?

Looked like a nasty two footed lunge. I thought he was going to be sent off.

I sit about on the halfway line in the east stand so had a decent view, looked as if he might have just got away with it because he didn't seem to catch much if any of the man. Certainly looked dangerous and might have been a different story if VAR was there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Tete looked good on his debut. Just saying.

Let’s move on from Tete now…… he came into a club an it’s arse with a gangrenous arm (Rodgers) and was never going to succeed….

This chap has a manager who will give him the time of day and a team of players that will support him. 

He is genuinely going to make a defender shit himself. 

Two things will happen this season;

Mads will score a 30 yard screamer, from open play.

And this chap will make a defender actually poo themselves.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Let’s move on from Tete now…… he came into a club an it’s arse with a gangrenous arm (Rodgers) and was never going to succeed….

This chap has a manager who will give him the time of day and a team of players that will support him. 

He is genuinely going to make a defender shit himself. 

Two things will happen this season;

Mads will score a 30 yard screamer, from open play.

And this chap will make a defender actually poo themselves.

I'm still not over Zsolts Laczko, as I said previously lol

I'd never been so excited about a player after their debut, and I've refused to get excited since. 

My biggest worry is how Enzo will manage and coach this guy. I'm getting sick of comparing Enzo to Pep, but look how Pep coached Grealish. He turned turned what was effectively raw talent of carrying the ball into a stop, think and make the pass kind of player. 

This kid obviously likes to run at his defender and try to make things happen, early signs are that Enzo doesn't want us to play that way. I know there's very little evidence to suggest this will happen, but 1st impressions say that it might. 

We can only hope it wasn't just one of those debuts and he's allowed to carry on that way, and of course he had the ability to carry on that way

14 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'd never been so excited about a player after their debut, and I've refused to get excited since. 

My biggest worry is how Enzo will manage and coach this guy. I'm getting sick of comparing Enzo to Pep, but look how Pep coached Grealish. He turned turned what was effectively raw talent of carrying the ball into a stop, think and make the pass kind of player. 

This kid obviously likes to run at his defender and try to make things happen, early signs are that Enzo doesn't want us to play that way. I know there's very little evidence to suggest this will happen, but 1st impressions say that it might. 

We can only hope it wasn't just one of those debuts and he's allowed to carry on that way, and of course he had the ability to carry on that way

All Enzo ever talks about with wingers is 1v1's. If you expect your players to take players on then you have to encourage it, I'd be surprised if Maresca tried to contain it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

All Enzo ever talks about with wingers is 1v1's. If you expect your players to take players on then you have to encourage it, I'd be surprised if Maresca tried to contain it.

Fair comment, it's just we've had our hopes dashed so many times before lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Fair comment, it's just we've had our hopes dashed so many times before lol

...with the wingers pulled onto the sidelines, by the time they have received the ball and running towards the goal, the defence would already be in place!!!

Just looking at Mavididi and Fatawu, it is obviously early in the season but they are struggling to beat their man. Fatawu looks very animated and upbeat and tends to shoot if he does not know what else to do, instead of recycling the play if there are no real options to threaten available. He likes to shoot across the keeper (as he should) but fails to start the ball far enough wide of the goal and use the spin to bring it back on target. His shots tend to go down the keeper's throat. It really should be second nature to him by now. The possibility is that he is unable to impart the required spin on the ball due to his technique.

There is a feeling that we will struggle in perhaps our most important area, where the gains are far more significant than anywhere else.

On 05/09/2023 at 07:30, Jimbo said:

He turned Jack Grealish into a raw, exciting player into an integral part of a treble winning team. What’s the issue? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...with the wingers pulled onto the sidelines, by the time they have received the ball and running towards the goal, the defence would already be in place!!!

Just looking at Mavididi and Fatawu, it is obviously early in the season but they are struggling to beat their man. Fatawu looks very animated and upbeat and tends to shoot if he does not know what else to do, instead of recycling the play if there are no real options to threaten available. He likes to shoot across the keeper (as he should) but fails to start the ball far enough wide of the goal and use the spin to bring it back on target. His shots tend to go down the keeper's throat. It really should be second nature to him by now. The possibility is that he is unable to impart the required spin on the ball due to his technique.

There is a feeling that we will struggle in perhaps our most important area, where the gains are far more significant than anywhere else.

I would say for Fazzi a 19yr old taking on the ball like he did in a 30minute debut…

trying to get the feel of the ball,trying different technical angles,that would lean towards natural talent…

I wouldn’t think too much at the moment,and lean more towards impressive..

Wanya

Mcateer

Madividi

Fatawu

I doubt any club has sat anywhere near such potential techies Talent,

From 1st 6 games,besides little wobbles,they have all contributed to those

first goals,or given the terraces that wet their imagine-side tastebuds for the future.

Goodfellow/Sinclair /Stringfellow …Weller/Glover/Farrington, the last times we were excited about the more than  +1 grouping at anyone time of technical talented wingers.

Weller/Glover ,eventually Stringfellow also took over central roles.

Then one can lead to think will any of the above be tried on the inside..??

Edited by fuchsntf

8 hours ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Pretty sure Fatawu beat his man almost every time.

I was in the West Stand and got a ringside view. Their full back was visably terrified. Shame that he didn't come on earlier. Might be a flash in the pan but could be sensational. 

Guest Sideshow Faes
On 04/09/2023 at 10:31, Jam orton said:

Be interesting to see what he's like starting a game. Can see him been used as a impact sub the last 20 minutes when the opposition are tiring 

Much rather see him start, if he's even half of that cameo he's our best winger