Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Abdul Fatawu Signs

38 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I'm too lazy to read through, does anyone know if we have a buy option on him? if his debut continues into the rest of the season this could quite be a Rudkin masterstroke if we have a 7.5-10m option. 

Option if we don't go up, obligation if we do go up. €17m

5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Option if we don't go up, obligation if we do go up. €17m

Corr the £17m could sting if he doesn't perform but we go up. Do we know if there is an appearance caveat? I.e. we get promoted but he makes less than 15 apps so we don't have to buy? or is it just promotion = sign?

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

15 games? Is that all he gets?

In the context of your reply that is not what I said. I was suggesting that if we have a £17m buyout obligation after 25 appearances, if for example after his great debut he then puts in 14 stinkers and looks garbage, we don't want to get trapped into buying him if we don't want him. If after 15 games he's terrible, we then have a 10 game window to use him sparingly without being forced to purchase for an extortionate fee. 

I've refused to get overly excited ever since witnessing Zsolt Laczkó look like prime Zidane against Coventry, but this boy looked very decent yesterday. Eager to impress I guess, but his touch, the drop of the shoulder, early shot, kept his full back guessing because he looked as good cutting inside as he did going on the outside, all very raw but very Mahrez-esque. Fingers crossed it's not another Tete moment. Also though McAteer looked pretty decent on the left too, if we're taking yesterday as an example the 2 of these on the wings would give us a more direct threat 

• Like 1