Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Radio 2 In The Park, Leicester

I went yesterday. Was mainly interested in Texas and Tears For Fears but Texas and Beverly Knight were the standouts for me.

Odd demographic. Mainly middle-aged mums letting their hair down and 60-odd year olds sat at the back with their picnic chairs and blankets. Will have been a few bad hangovers as a reminder of the past today for sure.

People moaned about the beer prices but having lived in London anything less than, or comparable to, that at a big event doesn’t make me bat an eyelid. They did have the bar system down to a tee though so you could get served very swiftly (and much quicker than a packed bar on a Saturday night in the city).

The food options on the other hand were pretty poor. Big queues, was told that there was an hour wait for pizzas after ordering and paid £15 for some poor Indian wrap.

Would have to be someone I really wanted to see headlining to tempt me back in another city. If not, I’ll wait until I’m 60+.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I went yesterday. Was mainly interested in Texas and Tears For Fears but Texas and Beverly Knight were the standouts for me.

Odd demographic. Mainly middle-aged mums letting their hair down and 60-odd year olds sat at the back with their picnic chairs and blankets. Will have been a few bad hangovers as a reminder of the past today for sure.

People moaned about the beer prices but having lived in London anything less than, or comparable to, that at a big event doesn’t make me bat an eyelid. They did have the bar system down to a tee though so you could get served very swiftly (and much quicker than a packed bar on a Saturday night in the city).

The food options on the other hand were pretty poor. Big queues, was told that there was an hour wait for pizzas after ordering and paid £15 for some poor Indian wrap.

Would have to be someone I really wanted to see headlining to tempt me back in another city. If not, I’ll wait until I’m 60+.

Watched in TV. Beverley Knight surprisingly good. 

Tears For Fears, surprisingly disappointing. 

7 hours ago, NAKC20 said:

Had to laugh at the amount of people going round collecting the paper cups and returning them for 10 pence a cup. Fully understand kids doing it but to see grown up adults head first in wheelie bins grabbing as many as they can was embarassing. 

Yep. Kids fine. Adults very weird 

Probably the most feel good Monday I've had in a long time! Still on a massive high from the weekend. Beating Southampton, Tigers winning, Leics winning the Cup and then seeing a fully blown festival in Vicky Park!

Kylie had an absolutely amazing set. But kudos to the whole line-up I thought did well with loads of sing along moments. Sam Ryder was superb, even better live than he is on tape!

Edited by HybridFox
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

I am so envious of you all that went. I visited Leicester back in July/august and realized at the time the event was happening in September. Doh! When I saw the lineup I was vexxed. A big outdoor concert at Vicky park in my home town with bands I’ve loved and always wanted to see and I was gonna miss out by a few weeks.

Anyway I caught up on YouTube with bbc’s video highlights. First of all the concerts looked amazing! Weather looked perfect and the home crowd was in top form.

rick astley doing sn impressive cover of foo fighters everlong blew my mind! Not bad and I’m not a Rick fan lol. Kudos to our city for hosting. This was great PR.

Did you watch any of Glastonbury this year, Rick Astley did a full set of the smiths, like you not a fan but was very impressed 

6 minutes ago, Bilsthorpe Blue said:

Did you watch any of Glastonbury this year, Rick Astley did a full set of the smiths, like you not a fan but was very impressed 

Rick Astley is much underrated by the music public. Mainly because he's a product of Stock, Aitken, Waterman.

He's a multi talented musician in his right and can play a number of instruments besides the guitar or piano.

• Like 3