Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Radio 2 In The Park, Leicester

Was at Ministry of Sound at the Royal Albert Hall tonight which was fantastic, just old school dance classics with an orchestra.

I wasn’t that interested in the line up. Wouldn’t have minded seeing Deacon Blue but I don’t also really do the festival kind of concert. They just seem a bit chaotic, in areas not really set up for that kid of thing. I prefer to go to something in a stadium or arena. 

11 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I wanted a ticket for today, purely to see Texas.

They opened Glasto this year and looked incredible. 

I actually quite fancied seeing Texas too. Instead I’ve got to sit through Simply Red. :nigel:

Yesterday’s was broadcast live on the iPlayer and I didn’t see a single flag. I’m gonna sneak in an LCFC flag - somebody needs to step up and take some responsibility.

Edited by Saxondale
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Livid said:

Was at Ministry of Sound at the Royal Albert Hall tonight which was fantastic, just old school dance classics with an orchestra.

I wasn’t that interested in the line up. Wouldn’t have minded seeing Deacon Blue but I don’t also really do the festival kind of concert. They just seem a bit chaotic, in areas not really set up for that kid of thing. I prefer to go to something in a stadium or arena. 

I think the problem with these events is each band has to have the same light,sound,stage as all the others. The sound for a 2 girl singing group compared to a full band like Deacon Blue  is going to be completely different. That’s if Banarma had a band of just used backing tracks.

Add in they get about half hour each for a set, I’d sooner see a full gig with their own sound and light.

Plenty of 40-60 year olds walking around the city today with fold up camping chairs. 😀

It brings money into the county so I am all for it but it’s not somewhere I’d want to spend an afternoon, the radio 1 gigs on there years ago were enough.

• Like 1

Jamie Vardy hanging out at the event (14:07).....and that is Conrad Logan with him, isn't it? If so, I wonder if they're just mates or if he's hired Conrad as security. :D

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/live-updates-radio-2-park-8756034?int_source=nba

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Saxondale said:

I actually quite fancied seeing Texas too. Instead I’ve got to sit through Simply Red. :nigel:

Yesterday’s was broadcast live on the iPlayer and I didn’t see a single flag. I’m gonna sneak in an LCFC flag - somebody needs to step up and take some responsibility.

Stayed true to my word. My LCFC flag was shown on the TV feed during Sam Ryder’s set.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Cheers Wymsey. Probably not for long, but thanks anyway.

No problem.

Hope that's not the case.

Left Syston last September for London.

Am renting out my old flat there now.

Is the Wilko a Poundland in the town, now?..

The standard of shops there are pretty poor - too many barbers and apparently vape shops now.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

No problem.

Hope that's not the case.

Left Syston last September for London.

Am renting out my old flat there now.

Is the Wilko a Poundland in the town, now?..

The standard of shops there are pretty poor - too many barbers and apparently vape shops now.

Standard.

Wigston has 10+ hairdressers... some of them gotta be money laundering.

• Like 1