Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Bristol City - 23/9/23

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

James was very good in the Championship and crap in the PL. He'd been better than Drinkwater in the PL in 2014/15 but that's not a compliment. Drinkwater, obviously had the season of his life the following year.

In fact didn't Drinkwater get nominated as the 2nd or 3rd best Championship player in 2013/14?

Drinkwater was the far superior player to James in 2013-14. He was the best player in the Championship and won both our fans and players POTS award by a considerable margin with Vardy coming a distant second. 

James was ok in 2014-15, better than Drinkwater for sure but that’s more due to Drinkwater having a poor season, but King was also better than either that season and it was King who played alongside Cambiasso for most of the great escape run.

James was a good player for us in the Championship, don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying he was crap or anything, but he gets really overrated by some fans as though he was some great forgotten player who had his moment in the title winning side robbed. People who genuinely try to make out he was better than Drinkwater are just nuts.

I definitely wouldn’t call Matty James a “legend”, good player for a season or two, sure, but certainly should be nowhere near the same level of iconic status at Leicester as King or Pearson.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Hermansen

Faes, Vestergaard, Doyle

Ricardo, Winks

McAteer, Ndidi, KDH, Mavididi

Daka

Not entirely sure who to go for at striker, might as well give Daka a chance

Winks got booked vs Cov, Huddersfield, Hull, Saints & last night so surely he's banned?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He wasn't booked against Cov

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

He didn't get booked vs Cov.

yeah I saw a report that said he was, BBC one says it was KDH, that's a relief, we have no one to fill in for him until Praet or Braybrooke are fit

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

If he’s booked, is he banned for the Liverpool cup game or Blackburn away?

Be worth picking up a yellow on Saturday and taking the ban against Liverpool then.  Cups are nice but promotion is our overwhelming priority and there are plenty of matches to give everyone minutes.

• Like 1