Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Bristol City - 23/9/23

39 minutes ago, Max Power said:

In a weird position where I have no idea what the team will be but I don’t mind. 

That is spot on. 

I don't have a clue as to what our best team is. 

Certain players I used to dread see on the team sheet I'm fine if they start. 

Some players that have not shown yet I'm fine to give them time and would still be excited to see them start 

I can't ever remember a time like it  

P.S I love Nigel as much as the next man but I'd love for us to absolutely crush them tomorrow 4 or 5 - 0 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Always bizarrely feel we will be less effective at home, weird feeling  

agree, teams will set up differently against us at home and make themselves hard to beat. 

Our biggest issue for years is beating teams that come and play a low block counter attacking style. 

I am sure Enzo and his team are working on it as 9 times out of 10 teams will try it. 

Although i dont think Bristol City will as much. Hopefully teams see us as a bit of a free hit and come out to match us up. 

• Like 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

I am sure Enzo and his team are working on it as 9 times out of 10 teams will try it

This for me would be a clincher, allowing us to beat (thrash/destroy/marmalise) teams at home could really let us dominate this league

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Always bizarrely feel we will be less effective at home, weird feeling  

I think just by the nature of a home game teams feel more inclined to come at us more and break away from their game plan a bit just because of pressure from the crowd. 

Likewise we would not get away with defending a 1-0 lead like we did at Norwich without many moans and groans. So we'd have probably seen more a basketball type second half if it was a home game and they'd have had more openings.

You can definitely see why there's such a difference between home and away games. Even when it's flipped on its head in our case and we are doing better away.

15 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I hope we batter them and he has a horrible day.

I hope your joking or been hacked otherwise you've gone down somewhat in my estimation. I hope Sir Nigel never has a horrible day and although I hope we win the game, I hope he somehow something happens to counteract losing to us, like winning the lottery or running over a Bristol Rovers fan so he still sits down in his perfect white slippers on Saturday night content and fairly chuffed with life still.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This for me would be a clincher, allowing us to beat (thrash/destroy/marmalise) teams at home could really let us dominate this league

Have a feeling that Cannon is part of that plan long term, an out ball so to speak. 

25 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Why wow? We support Leicester. I love Nige but it's about us getting out this hell hole. Not noshing off previous managers. We have Rudkin for that. 

I hope we win, by as many goals as possible, but I'm looking forward to this match more than any other this season because one of greatest ever managers will be in the away dugout and he's deserves the very best ovation possible. He saved this club not once but twice. Saved it, transformed it and turned us into the club we are today, serial winners. The club was so much in decline when he joined the first time it wasnt funny. He didn't just get us promoted, we walked the league, then next season we didn't settle for mid table he got us to the brink of promotion. Then the second time he had to clean up Sven's mess. He didn't just steady the ship he again got us to the brink of promotion before winning the league at a canter then somehow keeping us up the best season. All while bringing in Vardy, Morgan, Huth, Drinkwater, Mahrez etc, changing the entire culture and fabric of the club we love. Have some respect for the man he's a legend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I hope we win, by as many goals as possible, but I'm looking forward to this match more than any other this season because one of greatest ever managers will be in the away dugout and he's deserves the very best ovation possible. He saved this club not once but twice. Saved it, transformed it and turned us into the club we are today, serial winners. The club was so much in decline when he joined the first time it wasnt funny. He didn't just get us promoted, we walked the league, then next season we didn't settle for mid table he got us to the brink of promotion. Then the second time he had to clean up Sven's mess. He didn't just steady the ship he again got us to the brink of promotion before winning the league at a canter then somehow keeping us up the best season. All while bringing in Vardy, Morgan, Huth, Drinkwater, Mahrez etc, changing the entire culture and fabric of the club we love. Have some respect for the man he's a legend.

Agree with everything you've said.

But when that whistle goes tomorrow he won't care about any of that and neither should you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

Pearson will have Bristol well drilled for this game and no doubt he'll set them up to frustrate us. But I still think our quality we'll be too much. 2-0 win again.

Will he though? They'll start off well drilled but  tho the big man has lots of pluses, in game tactics weren't one of them. Tactically he's ultra basic. 

48 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I hope your joking or been hacked otherwise you've gone down somewhat in my estimation. I hope Sir Nigel never has a horrible day and although I hope we win the game, I hope he somehow something happens to counteract losing to us, like winning the lottery or running over a Bristol Rovers fan so he still sits down in his perfect white slippers on Saturday night content and fairly chuffed with life still.

The reason I hope he has a horrible day is, I know what sort of man he is. He doesn't care one iota about whether others hope he has a good day or not. He also won't care if I hope he has a bad day, you know what you're gonna get with Nigel. He doesn't waste energy or emotion on sentiment. Some of our fanbase thinking we need to show him an outpouring of love and appreciation or make it easier for them to play us, he'd sneer at. He doesn't really care and come Saturday between 3-5pm, I hope he hates it by us thraping them.

I'd back the man to dust himself down and enjoy a nomadic walk on Sunday and a couple of pints. He's his own man, he doesn't need us.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Death by Football said:

Wanting a former manager to lose against us is not showing a lack of respect.

I respect everything you list above but he's moved on and so have we.

If I saw him in the street I'd shake his hand, if I saw him in the pub I'd buy him a drink but if I see him down our ground managing another team, I'll want him to lose and Leicester to win.

Which is exactly what I said, I hope we win the match, but that shouldn't stop it being part match part homage to one of if not THE greatest we've ever had.

36 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Agree with everything you've said.

But when that whistle goes tomorrow he won't care about any of that and neither should you.

Well I will actually. No not at the time, I want us to win like anyone else, but I still want his name constantly ringing round the stadium and for everyone young and old, past and new to acknowledge what this bloke did for our club TWICE. That's more significant than one match. But yes bottom line hope we win ( wouldn't begrudge Kingy a consolation goal though)