Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Bristol City - 23/9/23

Travelling up from St.Ives, Cornwall for this, can’t wait. Haven’t seen us win (in the flesh) for quite a while, hoping I’m not gonna be a Jonah 😬

Feel this is gonna be a tough game, we’ve haven’t been too convincing at home so far, but I’ll remain optimistic, 2-1 win. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Hermansen

Faes, Vestergaard, Doyle

Ricardo, Winks

McAteer, Ndidi, KDH, Mavididi

Daka

Not entirely sure who to go for at striker, might as well give Daka a chance

Just think it'll be Vardy again. Rested midweek because he's pushing ninety five but was good against Southampton. 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Devastated I can’t go to this. 

Pearson simply has to bring Kingy on with 10 mins to go to get the standing ovation he deserves. 

Hope we’re 3-0 up and he scores a consolation goal just so he can get what few players get and a cheer from the whole stadium! 

Nah - more clean sheets please.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Devastated I can’t go to this. 

Pearson simply has to bring Kingy on with 10 mins to go to get the standing ovation he deserves. 

Hope we’re 3-0 up and he scores a consolation goal just so he can get what few players get and a cheer from the whole stadium! 

Weird. We want to win by as many possible and another clean sheet. I don't care for Bristol City players.

suspect we'll put out our strongest line up for this, given the rotation too

Hermansen 

Ricky P

Faes

Vester

Doyle

Winks

KDH
Ndidi

McAteer

Vardy

Mav

i dont think Coady will start, he'll certainly start the liverpool away game tho;

would love to see Fatawu start but with the form our wingers are in i cant see it happening 

10 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Assume there will be a tifo - nothing too over the top, maybe just THANK YOU NIGEL along the length of the East Stand, and a mural across the Kop of him fighting off a pack of wolves wearing City-branded armour?

I think a new montage before kick-off.

Artistic renderings of the touchline throttle, the ostrich stare, FOAD, up there on the big screen with 3D glasses on every seat.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

I get the feeling Enzo prefers to rotate players, rather than drop them, very much in the Pep style. It may look the same as dropping them, but the psychology that you are part of a squad, rather than a team, I think is very clever and hopefully keeps everyone on board. The squad do look happy at present. Perhaps that goes with winning. But there feels a far more togetherness so far this season.

Good article in the athletic today regarding this. He specifically states it's a squad to be drawn upon

"I already told them that when you want to achieve something important, you need 20 players. Some of them are not going to play every game but the season is so long that for sure we’re going to use them".

Interestingly, he isn't announcing the team to the squad until a few hours before the match to keep them on their toes. 

First and foremost I want us to win but, have absolutely no issue with appreciation of former managers and players. And, if there is ever a former player who deserves our appreciation, it's King.

Although, I thought Nige was going to be absent from the match due to back surgery? 

• Like 1