Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Bristol City - 23/9/23

11 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Good article in the athletic today regarding this. He specifically states it's a squad to be drawn upon

"I already told them that when you want to achieve something important, you need 20 players. Some of them are not going to play every game but the season is so long that for sure we’re going to use them".

Interestingly, he isn't announcing the team to the squad until a few hours before the match to keep them on their toes. 

First and foremost I want us to win but, have absolutely no issue with appreciation of former managers and players. And, if there is ever a former player who deserves our appreciation, it's King.

Although, I thought Nige was going to be absent from the match due to back surgery? 

I also like this part about not informing the team even of who is playing to keep them all focussed. Also with the added bonus of maintaining a competitive edge of not informing the opposition since we've had years of team leaks. Last night's being a clear example, there's no way they prepared for that team selection.

"Maresca likes to keep his players on their toes and doesn’t reveal the starting line-up until just a few hours before kick-off.

Previous Leicester managers have informed the team the night before (information which often got leaked last season) and used the last training session before the game as the final tune-up on shape and tactics, but Maresca adopts a different approach"

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Feels like our only real competition now is complacency. 

We have more than enough quality and form to beat sides like Bristol. 

It is only if we drop our levels or we have one of those days where nothing goes are way. 

Going for 2-0 win again, similar tonight with another late goal to finish them off.

Bristol 🤮

2 clubs in Bristol. 

Edited by TJB-fox
  • Like 1

Would be nice to see Daka at some point. His pace should cause havoc. Vardy has lost a yard or two clearly and Kel, whilst good, isn’t lightning. 

Be nice to see Nigel again and Kingy. Not sure if big N will be there though considering his surgery. He’s carried a lot on those shoulders, so no surprise he has back trouble. 

1 hour ago, SuperMike said:

I've seen so many home games against this lot - always gone thinking we'd thrash them - always ended up as a dour match - normally ending up as a 1-0 win for Bristol!

I still get Vietnam flashbacks of Iain Hume missing a penalty that basically relegated us. 

• Like 3