Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Bristol City - 23/9/23

5 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

This goes through my head in every pre-match thread the way some people talk about our opposition lol

The only game we should rightfuly be worried about this season, is next week against Liverpool.

Actually, i dont give a toss about that. Would rather win against Bristol and Blackburn and get thumped 6-0 by Liverpool. We should just play the U21's on Weds and totally ditch it.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I've previously thought Hamza's time here was done but I was very impressed with him against Norwich and think he definitely has a role to play in this squad.

But he's definitely no Ricardo. As well as he did, he just can't progress the ball as well as Ricky, either through passing or carrying the ball. Hamza's recoveries are brilliant, much better than Ricky's, but if we're going to move the ball quickly and pass around teams who are trying to press or go man for man, Ricardo is 100% the first choice in the inverted full-back role for me.

If there was a role just for winning the ball back in this team then you'd want Hamza all day long. 

I'm split with Ricardo's role because he's great at it but I do miss seeing him bomb on down the wings. It's incredible that when he isn't in the team Hamza is doing that inverted role. Couldn't be more different yet playing the same position. 

Let’s make sure we give Pearson and (to me) Kingsy the welcome they deserve, especially Kingsy because he left during Covid and we never had a testimonial for him which he very much deserves.

League One Champion.

Championship Champion.

Premier League Champion.

One Club.

Legend.

Edited by Tom12345

17 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

This goes through my head in every pre-match thread the way some people talk about our opposition lol

The only game we should rightfuly be worried about this season, is next week against Liverpool.

Still need to approach with respect. What about a Leeds away for example? Plenty of attacking threat so not an easy game. 

Very positive we have just taken 6 from 6 away at two other likely challengers of course.

9 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Let’s make sure we give Pearson and (to me) Kingsy the welcome they deserve, especially Kingsy because he left during Covid and we never had a testimonial for him which he very much deserves.

League One Champion.

Championship Champion.

Premier League Champion.

One Club.

Legend.

Yes, but after the game…. I don’t want us to start singing for him a Nigel and we slump to a defeat….. I want to hammer them, properly hammer them, and then we can give them a clap after the game. 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Yes, but after the game…. I don’t want us to start singing for him a Nigel and we slump to a defeat….. I want to hammer them, properly hammer them, and then we can give them a clap after the game. 

For sure.

Before and after the game.

But I hope we score 9 against them.

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Hangover?

But agree. A nice clap for Nigel, then a pummeling asking Enzo for a wave, and then a nice clap for Nigel again.

Then let's get straight back up so he never comes back to the KP as an opposition manager (unless he wants another pummeling in the cup). No time for niceties beyond that.

What are you on about? Nige is coming up with us :banana:

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I've previously thought Hamza's time here was done but I was very impressed with him against Norwich and think he definitely has a role to play in this squad.

But he's definitely no Ricardo. As well as he did, he just can't progress the ball as well as Ricky, either through passing or carrying the ball. Hamza's recoveries are brilliant, much better than Ricky's, but if we're going to move the ball quickly and pass around teams who are trying to press or go man for man, Ricardo is 100% the first choice in the inverted full-back role for me.

100% this.

Hamza getting a full season with Watford has probably given him a bit of extra prep for this division but this is probably his level, whether as a sitting midfielder, inverted FB or whatever. He just lacks that bit of extra positional sense & awareness for the top level.

14 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Just watching the pre Bristol City training video, wtf are they doing through CDs at each other as some odd training regime?   lol

Remember in mighty Ducks when Coach Bombay had them clearing up the rubbish? I guess it's a bit like that, it's fun and gives the players a bit of a laugh and some team bonding, but has an underlying message to keep you alert of what's going on around you when you have the ball, looks for little passes and keep an eye out for any oppo players pressing you.

Whatever it is, I'm not sure I've ever seen any footage of us doing anything like this before, it's usually just boring drills etc 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ronnup said:

No longer wanting Casedei to start..  

It was his 1st proper chance to make an impression as a starter, he's a young lad, maybe nerves got the better of him? He's certainly a talent, and maybe he's still trying to find his feet. 

One thing is for sure, hopefully it stops those moaning about Ndidi, it gave us a very good comparison of how much Ndidi has improved under Enzo and just how far he's come in his new role 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It was his 1st proper chance to make an impression as a starter, he's a young lad, maybe nerves got the better of him? He's certainly a talent, and maybe he's still trying to find his feet. 

One thing is for sure, hopefully it stops those moaning about Ndidi, it gave us a very good comparison of how much Ndidi has improved under Enzo and just how far he's come in his new role 

so people are expecting him to fit the ground running against Norwich, give the guy a chance, after 3/4 starts imo casadei will be well away, 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Remember in mighty Ducks when Coach Bombay had them clearing up the rubbish? I guess it's a bit like that, it's fun and gives the players a bit of a laugh and some team bonding, but has an underlying message to keep you alert of what's going on around you when you have the ball, looks for little passes and keep an eye out for any oppo players pressing you.

Whatever it is, I'm not sure I've ever seen any footage of us doing anything like this before, it's usually just boring drills etc 

Next week building, paint balling on the counter attack!!

• Like 1

KDH, Ndidi, Ricky and Vardy all back as starters. Rest of the team should all the same.

I fully expect Vestergaard and Winks to their level best to get booked late in the game, if they haven't been already, get their suspension out of the way in the cup game. Depending on the score line, could well be Coady's debut, I expect we'll see him sooner rather than later now. 

Slightly nervous, because regardless of Nigel's obvious lingering affection for us, he'll get his team fired up for this one and they counter attack very well, so a couple of early goals from us would be great. A game we should win, we'll be expected to win so puts Bristol city in a no lose situation. Having said that, we have more than enough quality and I'd want us to go for the kill early and change their game plan from the off

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Next week building, paint balling on the counter attack!!

You never know 😂 these sort of things are hugely important in that environment. Going into "work" everyday to face the same boring drills hour after hour, day after day, is no good for anyone's mental state. Having a bit of a laugh while still carrying an undertone of what you're trying to achieve must help the message hit home a lot quicker. It's great to see the squad bonding in such a way and bringing back that feeling of togetherness we seemed to have lost over the last couple of years. Probably why we see guys such as Hamza made captain too. Heard an interview with Kyle Walker the other day and he mentioned 5 captains in the Man City squad, maybe something else Enzo has brought with him from there. We know more than anyone else what can be achieved from the old cliche of having everyone singing from the same hymn sheet, so it's a joy to watch the team enjoying themselves 

Would love to see the health and safety report though when one of them takes a frisbeed cone to the face and splits his head open though 😂

Edited by Jimbo

38 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Anyone who can discover a correlation between us and the mighty ducks deserves a knighthood.