Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

LCFC v Bristol City - 23/9/23

1 minute ago, Ryy said:

Wouldn’t say Matty is a legend 

The only reason Drinkwater got anywhere near that team was because of matty james getting injured. What he did for us went under the radar mostly because of winning the title but his impact was a level up when he had a run in the team.

5 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

The only reason Drinkwater got anywhere near that team was because of matty james getting injured. What he did for us went under the radar mostly because of winning the title but his impact was a level up when he had a run in the team.

James was very good in the Championship and crap in the PL. He'd been better than Drinkwater in the PL in 2014/15 but that's not a compliment. Drinkwater, obviously had the season of his life the following year.

In fact didn't Drinkwater get nominated as the 2nd or 3rd best Championship player in 2013/14?

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Was having a look at the BC forum and came across this little titbit;

"Living near Leicester I now know quite a few fans, and some members of their fitness/coaching staff. Reports are that Enzo was a bit shocked at some aspects of the off the pitch culture - a two night bender during their preseason tour in Thailand for the owner's birthday caused some friction apparently, but now the season has started I hear that he's happy."

Yes - I'm aware it could be total BS.

As long as no one filmed any of it.

Enzo didn't look happy at all when interviewed over there. Who can blame him? I'm so glad it's had no obvious impact on us but im still furious that Top overruled everything and made that trip still go ahead.

9 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

Is that it? Pfft. Stick Matty James in the all time XI lads

• Haha 3

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city/leicester-city-nigel-pearson-bristol-city-andy-king-matty-james-dave-rennie-4344633

‘Huge connection’ - What Nigel Pearson said about Leicester City homecoming as Bristol City boss
Nigel Pearson enjoyed two successful spells at Leicester - but will be looking to get one over on his former club this weekend

Joe Dixon
By Joe Dixon
Published 21st Sep 2023, 16:30 BST
Updated 21st Sep 2023, 16:49 BST

Nigel Pearson has admitted that he is looking forward to returning to Leicester City on Saturday but says there will be no love lost come kick-off as his Bristol City side look to continue their impressive start to the Championship season.

The manager spent eight years at the Foxes in two separate spells between 2008 and 2016, where Pearson guided the team to promotion to the Championship as League One champions in the 2008/09 season, before taking them to the Premier League as Championship champions in the 2013/14 season.

The 60-year-old will return to the King Power Stadium this weekend as his Robins side seek to cause an upset against one of the favourites to be promoted to the topflight this season.

“Leicester have been a big part of my life. I can’t just sit here and talk about it not being an important part of my life,” Pearson admitted. “It’s been a big part of my life and my family’s life, and I’m looking forward to seeing people that I’ve not seen for a while.”

Despite enjoying successful spells at the Foxes, Pearson admitted that some of his memories of his time at the club aren’t as positive.

The manager, though, looked back at the time as his first opportunity to build something long-term at a club, which is something he has always made clear he is trying to do at BS3.

“I have some good and some not-so-good (memories) as well. It was the first managerial job I had time to try and shape a squad and a team of staff and create a culture,” he said.

“I suppose very much as we are trying to do here now, that was the first place that I was able along with many other people to be a part of building something.”

Read More

Pearson isn’t the only member of the Robins set-up who has a significant connection with the Foxes. Midfielder Matty James spent nine years at the club, while veteran Andy King made 379 senior appearances at the King Power. The Robins’ Head of Medical Performance, Dave Rennie, also spent significant time at the Midlands club.

The manager continued: “I have a huge connection but there are four of us going back. I managed there over two spells, Dave Rennie was there for 25 years, Andy King was there for I don’t know how long, a long long time, most of his adult career, and Matty James was there for a few years. All in all, there is a connection which is going to create some interest.”

Though Saturday will provide an emotional occasion for the Robins boss, he was adamant that any sentiment will be forgotten about when the first whistle is blown.

“Of course, you know what I’m like to try and detach from that in terms of the preparation and then of course when the game starts,” Pearson said.

“We still have a job to do, and we go there collectively with the intention of being as good as we can be,” he said. “If we play well and catch them on a day when things aren’t right for them, I think they’ll be aware we can be a very dangerous side.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Hermansen

Faes, Vestergaard, Doyle

Ricardo, Winks

McAteer, Ndidi, KDH, Mavididi

Daka

Not entirely sure who to go for at striker, might as well give Daka a chance

Who would have thought a few months ago people putting Vestergaard in their starting line up they’d be uproar laughter & WTF, bit it’s great  to see him improve so much under Enzo !
min sure tho Enzo may give Coady his home debut  in  this game !