Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jayfox26

Preston home Wednesday October 4th 7.45pm

Can buy one for myself and dad but can’t get one for my 10yr old daughter because only her 2nd game ever and she doesn’t officially have the home point from Cov on her online account - any ideas what I can do ?

12 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Phone the club tomorrow?

Rang them - they won’t sell me a ticket for my 10yr old daughter- point black refused - asked to speak to management etc - still no - said me and dad can have one each as have points but not daughter wanting to come to first game even with loads of tickets left - how absolutely crazy is that - club won’t sell tickets to people who want to go to game - wow 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Rang them - they won’t sell me a ticket for my 10yr old daughter- point black refused - asked to speak to management etc - still no - said me and dad can have one each as have points but not daughter wanting to come to first game even with loads of tickets left - how absolutely crazy is that - club won’t sell tickets to people who want to go to game - wow 

Thats so piss poor of them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jv1 said:

For a ten year old. 

Should be carte blanche skipping rules if they are kids under the age of 12 attending with an adult 

• Like 3

Just unbelievable- never mind the question of why the game isn’t on general sale 2 days before with loads of tickets left - what is wrong with our club - best part of it was when I asked to speak to a manager the young lad on the phone said they will say exactly the same and went on hold for 2 mins and yep no movement either - bonkers 

1 hour ago, jv1 said:

Classic case of 'that's the rules' rather than using a bit of common sense.

Like @Voll Blau says above, potentially harming a new generation of LCFC fans. Club have only themselves to blame if attendances are averaging 20-25K in 10 years time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jv1 said:

Thanks for all the help everyone - now sorted 

How did you get this resolved?

Interesting to find out as I was very surprised by what you said initially.

I have an ST and my 25 year old daughter is a member.

I rang the club on Friday for a ticket for my 10 year old and was told I had to get him registered and I could get a ticket for him.

Literally completed in 5 minutes.

Excellent  customer service from them.

Hence I'm very surprised by your situation?

1 hour ago, Raj said:

I rang the club on Friday for a ticket for my 10 year old and was told I had to get him registered and I could get a ticket for him.

The poster is a friend of mine, and as a ST holder,  I was able to purchase the tickets using mine and my family refs.

Did you have to buy a membership for your son?

Edited by Lestagirl
Error

18 hours ago, jv1 said:

Can buy one for myself and dad but can’t get one for my 10yr old daughter because only her 2nd game ever and she doesn’t officially have the home point from Cov on her online account - any ideas what I can do ?

17 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Phone the club tomorrow?

17 hours ago, jv1 said:

Yep that’s the plan thanks 

5 hours ago, jv1 said:

Least

Surprising

Cliffhanger

Ever....

****ing club lol 

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Yes as below been helped by a friend but I think the main difference here is your a ST holder so can get a spare as long as your daughter just has an account - I’m not an ST or Member but do have plenty of home points for me and my dad - my daughter however it’s her first game so has none and the craziest thing of all is that instead of general sale they have put tickets on Sale to non members with points - very complicated- I get everything around Sts and memberships etc but when there are plenty of tickets left 2 days before game they should have them on general sale or at least have helped me in that situation 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Lestagirl said:

The poster is a friend of mine, and as a ST holder,  I was able to purchase the tickets using mine and my family refs.

Did you have to buy a membership for your son?

Didnt have to buy him a membership, just opened an account for him 

4 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Yes as below been helped by a friend but I think the main difference here is your a ST holder so can get a spare as long as your daughter just has an account - I’m not an ST or Member but do have plenty of home points for me and my dad - my daughter however it’s her first game so has none and the craziest thing of all is that instead of general sale they have put tickets on Sale to non members with points - very complicated- I get everything around Sts and memberships etc but when there are plenty of tickets left 2 days before game they should have them on general sale or at least have helped me in that situation 

Get it now.

5 hours ago, jv1 said:

I found a workaround that means someone who has a booking history (i.e. at least one home or away point) can buy a ticket online for someone who hasn't, when tickets are on sale to people at the booking history stage, like Preston.   You go into the 'Friends and family' section of your LCFC account and 'Create a relationship' by filling in their details.  The system gives them a six digit supporter number.  You then buy a ticket online for them as normal using their name.  

• Like 1