Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Israeli and Palestinian conflict

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

How on anything do you manage to actually watch Charlie Kirk long enough to know what he's saying.

It was an unexpected source but a good point.

I'll try and find the link

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

What have they done to it :ph34r:

Mate, you’re more cynical than me lol

Realistically, while standing with Israel is and will remain the standard response throughout this ordeal, the impact of 700 plus kids being killed and 6000 bombs in the week, may have, behind closed doors, changed the conversations between Israel and its allies. You cannot ignore the facts that war crimes are being committed by a dangerous regime (who have history for it). 

Hopefully this leads to a genuine humanitarian corridor opening up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Water being switched back on thankfully.

Hopefully no rockets fired at the queues for the stand pipes because, you know, Hammas will be firing rockets from said queues and the Israelis will have no choice but to retaliate :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Mate, you’re more cynical than me lol

Realistically, while standing with Israel is and will remain the standard response throughout this ordeal, the impact of 700 plus kids being killed and 6000 bombs in the week, may have, behind closed doors, changed the conversations between Israel and its allies. You cannot ignore the facts that war crimes are being committed by a dangerous regime (who have history for it). 

Hopefully this leads to a genuine humanitarian corridor opening up. 

Oh I know mate. I was just jesting and I don't actually think they've done anything. 

I agree with all you say for the rest of the post. Heinous actions on both sides. But when will the punishments be handed out? What can anyone or any agency do to stop Israel/Hamas? 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Oh I know mate. I was just jesting and I don't actually think they've done anything. 

I agree with all you say for the rest of the post. Heinous actions on both sides. But when will the punishments be handed out? What can anyone or any agency do to stop Israel/Hamas? 

The bigger powers that be could stop this tomorrow if they wanted to.

But the simple and rather ugly truth is that they won't, because it is more politically expedient for them to see this situation play out, with all the blood and suffering that entails.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The bigger powers that be could stop this tomorrow if they wanted to.

But the simple and rather ugly truth is that they won't, because it is more politically expedient for them to see this situation play out, with all the blood and suffering that entails.

How would you like the big powers to act to stop the conflict and which powers 

26 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

Putin rides in bare-chested on a white horse with an olive branch between his teeth, a dove in one hand and a broken rifle in the other.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

The US and China could threaten or impose sanctions and the UN could send in peacekeepers as a matter of course: That's part of their original reason for existing, after all.

Of course, it won't happen because, again, the bigger powers don't want to go to the trouble (as they hardly ever have when it comes to "regional" problems like these), but I think them at least having the political and military capability to address the problem is a matter of record.

Edited by leicsmac

15 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Putin rides in bare-chested on a white horse with an olive branch between his teeth, a dove in one hand and a broken rifle in the other.

Or a rifle that, when triggered, pops out a white flag. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

The US and China could threaten or impose sanctions and the UN could send in peacekeepers as a matter of course: That's part of their original reason for existing, after all.

Of course, it won't happen because, again, the bigger powers don't want to go to the trouble (as they hardly ever have when it comes to "regional" problems like these), but I think them at least having the political and military capability to address the problem is a matter of record.

I would worry if UN Peacekeepers could themselves become targets of both sets of extremists. Might be interesting the composition of the UN troops. 

Absolutely mind boggling to me that people in the west who are comfortable and woefully ignorant of the history can do anything but simply acknowledge that civilian murder is evil and pray that there might be peace in the region.

• Like 1

Just now, Foxdiamond said:

I would worry if UN Peacekeepers could themselves become targets of both sets of extremists. Might be interesting the composition of the UN troops. 

Entirely neutral nations (Nordics, Western Europe, East Asia for example) would be best, I think.

Do agree that they could become targets for both sets of extremists, but if that happens then at least the situation becomes crystal clear, and a much stronger response from the international community, that might actually solve the problem, becomes much more likely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Entirely neutral nations (Nordics, Western Europe, East Asia for example) would be best, I think.

Do agree that they could become targets for both sets of extremists, but if that happens then at least the situation becomes crystal clear, and a much stronger response from the international community, that might actually solve the problem, becomes much more likely.

Would westerners be acceptable 

This is a bit of hindsight but currently it's impossible to tell who's actually responsible. 

There's been verified reports of civilians in Gaza having their car keys taken away by members of the Hamas, being told to stay put and not evacuate, satellite images showing roadblocks set up by Hamas. There's no doubt what their goal here is: to cause as many civilian casualties (no matter if it's their own) for propaganda purposes.

Today there's been another alleged strike on an evacuation route but the footage available of it makes it look a lot less like an Israeli airstrike and much more like some improvised device detonated in a car on the street.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Like I said, those with no really demonstrable existing stake in the affair probably would, yeah. Hopefully, anyhow.

German peacekeepers in Israel and Turkish in Gaza.

This is how it's going to go until you learn to play nicely.