Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Israeli and Palestinian conflict

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

German peacekeepers in Israel and Turkish in Gaza.

This is how it's going to go until you learn to play nicely.

I'll be honest, I'd take any measure that would involve the big players actually having enough of a conscience to vote for the UN to go in and at least try to manage the situation.

• Like 1

Leaving Hamas' atrocities out of the equation,

as a displaced, oppressed people for so many years (literally millennia) you would think that over the years Israel would have treated the Palestinians more fairly.

But no, once again, as history has showed time and again, once the boot is on the other foot, the kicking just changes direction. 

:(

Two wrongs do not make a right and revenge just creates avengers.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Leaving Hamas' atrocities out of the equation,

as a displaced, oppressed people for so many years (literally millennia) you would think that over the years Israel would have treated the Palestinians more fairly.

But no, once again, as history has showed time and again, once the boot is on the other foot, the kicking just changes direction. 

:(

Two wrongs do not make a right and revenge just creates avengers.

Yeah.

The cycle of violence and vengeance is very much a thing.

3 hours ago, LFox99 said:

This is a bit of hindsight but currently it's impossible to tell who's actually responsible. 

There's been verified reports of civilians in Gaza having their car keys taken away by members of the Hamas, being told to stay put and not evacuate, satellite images showing roadblocks set up by Hamas. There's no doubt what their goal here is: to cause as many civilian casualties (no matter if it's their own) for propaganda purposes.

Today there's been another alleged strike on an evacuation route but the footage available of it makes it look a lot less like an Israeli airstrike and much more like some improvised device detonated in a car on the street.

Or maybe they just believe that if those lands are vacated they will be taken by Israel and never get them back?

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/features/2023/10/15/from-friend-to-enemy-palestinians-in-israel-suspended-from-jobs-over-war

Not sure that's a good look so long as nobody was gloryfying hamas or the attack etc. It's shameful to treat people this way. 

Of course,  i am basing my opinion on if the article is factually correct but i'm also not surprised.

57 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

https://www.cp24.com/mobile/world/desantis-says-us-shouldn-t-take-in-palestinian-refugees-from-gaza-because-they-re-all-antisemitic-1.6602451

...goodness me, this guy wants to lead them as well. Palestinian people stand no chance if this is how people feel about them.

It would be a bold / risky move security wise to open the door to Palestinian refugees while support Israel in attacking Gaza.

• Like 1

If human beings want to follow, they should follow such men. 

The moments when Vincenzo Montella played football with children in the earthquake zone became a hot topic again: "one of us"

14 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Putin rides in bare-chested on a white horse with an olive branch between his teeth, a dove in one hand and a broken rifle in the other.

If a bear isn’t being punched in the tits then I’m out.

Intelligent and balanced post from Clapham Fox.

Hamas is an extremely dangerous organisation, funded by Russia and probably by other terrorist countries, and is a proscribed terrorist organisation in the UK. Its stated objective is the elimination of the Israeli state. 

The Gaza strip is mostly part of the historic area of Palestine under the UN partition plan which created the Israeli state after the Second World War. For the last fifteen years the government of Gaza has to all intents and purposes been Hamas, and it is not recognised by most countries in the world. No country should ever have to tolerate a terrorist state on its borders.

I think the majority of Palestinians within Gaza are not particularly happy to be governed by Hamas, any more than Russians really want to be governed by Putin and the corrupt clique of siloviki terrorists around him.

Israel will be supported by the majority of democratic countries but it should expressly state that its objectives are limited to making its borders safe and protecting its citizens. And that it has no interest in annexing Gaza and deporting the existing population to make space for Israeli people to live, and that it would be happy to live with a democratic state in Gaza.

The crisis has been building up for at least the last fifteen years and Israel has no choice now but to eliminate the threat.

But when Hamas is gone, if Israel has sent its army into Gaza it should withdraw and allow the installation of a protectorate in Gaza, under the supervision of the UN. Palestine has a large ethnic diaspora in many Western countries and the prospects for the establishment of a peaceful and democratic government, which is happy to live with its neighbours Israel and Egypt, are much greater than they ever were in the failed state of Afghanistan.

Israel's action is also creating a refugee crisis. Israel, unlike Ukraine, is a wealthy First World country and it has the resources to provide financial assistance to countries which accept refugees from Gaza. It should also allow its security services to work with countries accepting refugees to help identify individuals closely associated with Hamas so that they aren't allowed to take their poison into a third country.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Disgraceful. 

I'm thinking Saddam Hussein's buddy denying  Americans are in Bagdad as the camera pans to tanks rolling by in the background.. Or Putin with one of his denials...

38 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Let's not forget about the hostages being held by Hamas, probably underground and probably fearing that they'll soon be murdered, and in the most barbaric way imaginable.

Latest calculations by Israel put the number of hostages at 199

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, MPH said:

Interesting development. I suppose they had to pick a side once the United States pinned their colours to the mast.

Not sure if this statement Carries any weight though?

According to the guardian app, this decision has been made to gain favour from Islamic countries, in the face of their treatment of Uyghur Muslims.