Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

There's now a pattern - The reality is.... We're offensively awful.

15 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

I've read people saying the 'wheels have fallen off' or call Enzo 'poundland pep'. Lots wanting to jump on the bandwagon quickly with doom and gloom, and loving the 'this won't work in the PL' when we don't really know how Enzo and club will deal with promotion if it happens.  Seems quite a few people couldn't wait for a few defeats - fair enough. The team have to prove them wrong by getting back to winning ways.

I've not enjoyed losing 2 games, and the Middlesborough one was very annoying as the 2nd half was a smash and grab.   Borough executed a game plan that ended up working because our wingers aren't elite (they are very good, have great promise and will improve), the lone striker role isn't working, and we therefore rely on KDH as the main central creative outlet. KDH is inconsistent - he has some great stats when its working for him, but he snatches at shots and gets very frustrated when its not. If we were clinical in the last 2 games, we get 1 draw and 1 win. This is where the improvement needs to come, either through coaching, recruitment, or players coming back from injury (Cannon, Yunus, Wilf, Alves).

We've played some dross in this league, and then come unstuck against 2 of the better teams.  Anyone who gets promoted drops points, and some have lost up to 10 games. There are going to be frustrating losses, and then there are going to be successive wins against some of the dross. 

Lets get the bullsh*t international break over with and get back to business. STRAIGHT BACK UP,  STRAIGHT BACK UP LEICESTER CITY.

Our next seven games, which will take us to the halfway point of the season, are all very winnable. I don't think we'll get 21 points from them, but I can see us getting 15-16 points easily. That would mean we'd be on 54-55 points after 23 games. It would take one hell of a balls-up to not get promoted from there.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Zian Flemming from Millwall well worth a punt, and would probably jump at the chance to come here.

Would be good. These been a few stand out players at this level that have come from Holland with Piroe, Hamer and Flemming. Agree he would jump at joining unless he ends up with top flight interest already. Not sure how much he’d cost though!

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Would be good. These been a few stand out players at this level that have come from Holland with Piroe, Hamer and Flemming. Agree he would jump at joining unless he ends up with top flight interest already. Not sure how much he’d cost though!

Would like to think the club could rip the middle man out and have a good look for themselves in the Netherlands. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Would like to think the club could rip the middle man out and have a good look for themselves in the Netherlands. 

100%, I like Flemming and think he’d be a good signing but it’s also reflective of a good market which we should be more active in. 

After the break this team and Enzo. Reds tk set them up right is to come out fighting full blood and thunder. Be ruthless and put the game to bed in the first half. Take that confidence and use it for the next run of games. It sounds simple And maybe it is but maybe it isn’t if the players are allowed to dwell on the defeats. They’ve gotta remember where they come from and find that edge again.

if it’s a limp struggle next game than of course fans are gonna start piling on. Cmon  Enzo get this race horse going again!

We are creating the chances but the finishing has been woeful, we have scored 3 goals in the last 4 games which is less than anyone else in the top half of the league. I am hoping Cannon will make an impact or Daka gets a shot because both Vardy and Nacho look pretty toothless in this setup.

Edited by Fox 4 Life

So they were doing fine shooting on goal & scoring for fun before but I do remember they would miss a bunch of sitters too every game. The difference maybe that the goals aren’t happening so easily that it’s affecting confidence in the final 3rd. Over thinking it maybe? Something has gone missing and Enzo needs to find it over the break. 

• Like 1

I found it odd that Cannon was on the bench V Middlesbrough and he wasn't used. I'd say if there was ever a time we were crying out for something different it was towards the end of that game. If he wasn't ever going to use him then why have him on the bench in the first place?

Edited by Collymore

• 4 months later...
On 15/11/2023 at 10:43, ClaphamFox said:

Our next seven games, which will take us to the halfway point of the season, are all very winnable. I don't think we'll get 21 points from them, but I can see us getting 15-16 points easily. That would mean we'd be on 54-55 points after 23 games. It would take one hell of a balls-up to not get promoted from there.

Did someone order the "one hell of a balls-up on this table?"