Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

Everton deducted 10 points for breaching FFP rules.

Some will be annoyed that they stayed up last season at our expense. Personally, I’m somewhat pragmatic about it given we weren’t exactly innocent when we were promoted in 2014.

interesting how Everton get punished though whilst others (cough … Man City … cough) get away with it …. 

Edited by davieG
Title changed was Everton deducted 10pts
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Langley said:

If they didn't have X player or Y player they wouldn't have stayed up at our expense.

They were dog shit too.

They were awful. I take the point about players X and Y.

So do Leeds also feel this way too? And Southampton?

Just now, Fox92 said:

They were awful. I take the point about players X and Y.

So do Leeds also feel this way too? And Southampton?

I dunno - you'd have to ask them.

They've broken the rules and signed players that they shouldn't have had.

if they didn't have those players we, who stuck to the rules, would have stayed up and not them.

• Thanks 1

If they have broke the rules, they deserve it. This will run through the appeal systems now right up to CAS. 

If they lose that case, I see the only outcome regardless of our claims for compensation, will just strengthen the top bunch of the league. Everton aren't cash rich - a lot of money is tied up within the club on finance deals and debt. So everyone goes after the assets. As common with administration etc, the top clubs will ransack their academy teams of all the best talent. Then they get to pad out their squads with Everton's remaining better players. It just ends up strengthen everyone at the top. A potential pretender to that big group at the top held back. Liverpool get the spoils of the city's talent. Everton end up like Leeds and Leicester flogging their new stadium to a third party. 

Just now, The Doctor said:

I mean yes they do, but also did Leeds or Southampton finish in the final relegation spot?

Leeds only finished three points behind us tbf, and 5 behind Everton. Not a massive difference.

Southampton miles away of course.