Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They didn't stay up "at our expense". We were awful and deserved to go down.

Relegated over 38 games not one or two.

So starts more lawsuits.

We deserved relegation but given they have now officially been done for it we surely have a case regardless of what we deserve or not. Burnley the season before likewise.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Was just about to put this, this could be the easiest season to stay up if the first 12 games are anything to go by

It's a complete fiddle. It's nowhere near as damaging a hit as it looks on the face of it. They'll now survive by 15 points rather than 25.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

Everton deducted 10 points for breaching FFP rules.

Some will be annoyed that they stayed up last season at our expense. Personally, I’m somewhat pragmatic about it given we weren’t exactly innocent when we were promoted in 2014.

interesting how Everton get punished though whilst others (cough … Man City … cough) get away with it …. 

Take your point over 2014 still a bit frustrated that the Everton punishment is this season rather than arrived at when last season ended and applied then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Not sure why they bother really .

Ought to still stay up easily .

I suppose the main reason to appeal is to bat off any litigation that might follow from other clubs. Rid the guilty verdict to reduce the lawyers.

As mentioned, this season is the best they could hope for a deduction - there are at least three trash teams they'll finish above even with this.

In 2022/23 We made the decision not to sign players and not to renew contracts based on staying within FFP. That was a factor in the disintegration of our squad, not signing players like Lookman and others targets, and not offering bigger contracts to certain players. 

Everton didn't cut as deep and stay within the numbers allowed, so they definitely gained points across the season they wouldn't have had if they didn't cheat. 

Based on that i think we are within our rights to say we would still be in the premier league if they hadn't cheated. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

In 2022/23 We made the decision not to sign players and not to renew contracts based on staying within FFP. That was a factor in the disintegration of our squad, not signing players like Lookman and others targets, and not offering bigger contracts to certain players. 

Everton didn't cut as deep and stay within the numbers allowed, so they definitely gained points across the season they wouldn't have had if they didn't cheat. 

Based on that i think we are within our rights to say we would still be in the premier league if they hadn't cheated. 

I believe FFP was wheeled out as convenient way of saying we don’t want to spend this season.

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I don't see how our relegation was 'on merit', as some posters are saying, when the club who finished directly above us have seemingly gained an unfair advantage through cheating. 

Technically true although the level of decline required to put ourselves in the position to potentially be the victims of this was remarkable on its own. Even now despite the strong likelihood we go back up I cannot process how inept we actually were. Still angers me how some at the club have gotten away with it.

• Like 1