Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jobyfox

Notts F & Everton admit to breaking rules and face points deduction

We went down because King Power took their foot off the gas over the previous 18months to May 2023. I remember being on my way to Wolves in Feb 2020, may have even been Valentine’s Day, and a similar headline came up about Man City and their punishment, which never happened!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

Leeds only finished three points behind us tbf, and 5 behind Everton. Not a massive difference.

Southampton miles away of course.

Did they finish in the final relegation position and so would have stayed up if everton had been deducted the points and finished below them, yes or no?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, westernpark said:

We went down because King Power took their foot off the gas over the previous 18months to May 2023. I remember being on my way to Wolves in Feb 2020, may have even been Valentine’s Day, and a similar headline came up about Man City and their punishment, which never happened!

I was already in pub in Wolves that day and everyone laughed. But nothing happened. Man City the biggest cheats of all get away with it.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

Didn't a precident get set for this though when Sheff United tried to take West Ham to court over the Tevez situation?  We will go for lost revenue I assume, but if the place has no money anyway we will get bugger all. 

Would make a fantastic episode of Can't Pay, We Take It Away though.

That was settled out of court - notably West Ham got a fine rather than points deduction. 

The only issue we have is we didn’t sign anyone really last summer due to ffp. Then subsequently got relegated.

We were poor and didn’t deserve to stay up. But if 10 points was last season we’d have stayed up.

Edited by teblin
  • Like 2

It would perfect sense for them not to appeal. The Prem this year has 3-4 terrible teams in it and Everton will probably only need about 33 (43) points to stay up. 

It makes you think though, if we hadn't have reined in our spending so much and stayed up, we'd be financially a lot better off. Everton will probably only lose 2-3 places of TV money (£5m-ish). 

We might as well try and sue them for a few million pound. It won't change anything but might pay for a player or two's wages.

• Like 1

Just now, Miella27 said:

It would perfect sense for them not to appeal. The Prem this year has 3-4 terrible teams in it and Everton will probably only need about 33 (43) points to stay up. 

It makes you think though, if we hadn't have reined in our spending so much and stayed up, we'd be financially a lot better off. Everton will probably only lose 2-3 places of TV money (£5m-ish). 

We might as well try and sue them for a few million pound. It won't change anything but might pay for a player or two's wages.

I really hope we don't. 

What a fall from grace, going from "the model club" a few years back to suing Everton to pay our staff's wages lol 

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

If Everton get 10 points for one breach, what will Man City get if found guilty of the 115 breaches they've been charged with?

Oh I know: nothing probably.

well if they get docked 115 points it will probably put them in the championship with around -20 next season. They will still come straight back up at a canter :D they would probably take that! 

7 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Their luck knows no bounds

Docked 10 points in the year of the three worst promoted teams in history. 

They will never ever go down. 

There are at least 5 teams in the Premier League worse than Everton. One win and they are back out of it. No issue really. 

They can now use this as 'Everton against the establishment' 'The Dyche way' 'Its all against us'

Being Scouse they will lap it up and we will hear of it forever! 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

well if they get docked 115 points it will probably put them in the championship with around -20 next season. They will still come straight back up at a canter :D they would probably take that! 

If it's 10 points per breach, it technically should be a 1150 points deduction, which may be trickier to overcome...