Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

16 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's caused by a massive demand and a limited supply though? 

Used to be the case for us but not now, and certainly not for Saturday. We have empty seats and the club puts the barriers in the way of filling them. 

I wonder if the full realisation of our situation hasn't reached every department? 

Or if simply they expect us to be promoted again so haven't shifted policies?

42 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I wonder if the full realisation of our situation hasn't reached every department? 

Or if simply they expect us to be promoted again so haven't shifted policies?

Second option basically 

The entire club off the pitch seems to be working on a next season will be back to the prem situation 

25 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Got my brother a ticket for Huddersfield. It was £39 which is a rip off but they then charged me £1.5 extra for booking the ticket yet I purchased online. Is that normal? So the ticket is not at the advertised price. 

Yep that’s standard unfortunately.

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I wouldn’t mind if there was genuine admin/printing/postage costs involved for the club that the £1.50 booking fee covered.

But when the ticket is downloaded straight to your phone, there’s no cost at their end so how do they justify it?

Exactly. It’s pretty bad from the club really. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Exactly. It’s pretty bad from the club really. 

It's bollox mate.

Just been on-line to book tickets for Huddersfield and the £1.50 is to cover 'Internet and Over the Phone Transaction Fees commission'

Commission for what exactly? How can booking something on-line demand a commission? 

I bet no one has ever challenged this but imagine how all those £1.50's add up over the years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

It's bollox mate.

Just been on-line to book tickets for Huddersfield and the £1.50 is to cover 'Internet and Over the Phone Transaction Fees commission'

Commission for what exactly? How can booking something on-line demand a commission? 

I bet no one has ever challenged this but imagine how all those £1.50's add up over the years.

Am not being confrontational, but would you consider asking them about this additional fee; and what it's exactly for?

Edited by Wymsey

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Am not being confrontational, but would you consider asking them about this additional fee; and what it's exactly for?

I haven't got the time or energy to go back and forth trying to find out tbh.

And my guess is I'd get no reply or just some BS corporate answer anyway. I very much doubt they'll change their policy.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over it but I am curious as to how they justify a 'commission' for on-line ticket sales.

And as Una says, the quoted price isn't really the price so it's more a moral issue than anything.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Harboro said:

I’m not sure it’s as bad as the poster in Qatar, who said he would have had to spend £160 on memberships, made out.

Er mate read the ticket page £40 for international membership (the only option if you don't have a UK address) and one guest ticket per supporter number. OK to see one match while in the Uk I could have bought two memberships for a total  £80 (and not £160) and then added two guests still an extra £80 would have made the total match price of £173 for 2 adults and two children not £106 as you state.

3 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

Er mate read the ticket page £40 for international membership (the only option if you don't have a UK address) and one guest ticket per supporter number. OK to see one match while in the Uk I could have bought two memberships for a total  £80 (and not £160) and then added two guests still an extra £80 would have made the total match price of £173 for 2 adults and two children not £106 as you state.

Oh come on, you don’t know one person in the UK who would have been OK with you using their address? And you can definitely buy a ticket for more than one guest, have just tried it, though to be fair I don’t know about junior members, assuming it’s the same for them you could have got 4 tickets with 1 junior membership

Edited by Harboro

On 24/12/2023 at 23:26, LinekersLugs said:

Why are we expanding the ground … it’s laughable 

We have the fanbase. We're just determined to keep the numbers lower to fleece the ones who do go instead of filling it.

This club hasn't become smart or well run because Maresca's fixed things on the pitch. Very much a heavy make-up job.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Izzy said:

I wouldn’t mind if there was genuine admin/printing/postage costs involved for the club that the £1.50 booking fee covered.

But when the ticket is downloaded straight to your phone, there’s no cost at their end so how do they justify it?

The fans are too brainwashed by the ownership to call it out is the long and short of it.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Harboro said:

Oh come on, you don’t know one person in the UK who would have been OK with you using their address? And you can definitely buy a ticket for more than one guest, have just tried it, though to be fair I don’t know about junior members, assuming it’s the same for them you could have got 4 tickets with 1 junior membership

if i don't live in the UK why should i know one person with a UK address? or should i just approach a random stranger in the street and ask? No junior membership with international .. so again do your research before you make incorrect claims. 

You can't buy more than one ticket per membership it says it plainly on the website .

13 hours ago, Shah johns said:

Got my brother a ticket for Huddersfield. It was £39 which is a rip off but they then charged me £1.5 extra for booking the ticket yet I purchased online. Is that normal? So the ticket is not at the advertised price.

I bought Birmingham tickets for the Birmingham V LCFC game they were digital tickets and they charged a transaction fee too although i recall it was GBP1 per ticket and not GBP 1.5. Just proves that all you who live Leicester probably live in a higher social demographic quartile that those that live in Birmingham and this is reflected in the difference between transaction fees :mellow:

13 hours ago, Izzy said:

It's bollox mate.

It will probably be for the cost to cover the fee they have to pay to the payment processor on each transaction, obviously they could build that into the ticket price

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Izzy said:

It's bollox mate.

This is standard when booking tickets anywhere. Credit/debit card surcharges and staff/system time processing the order. Not saying it’s right and it’s certainly not justified, but it’s obvious what the charges are theoretically for, how would you challenge it? Even if you order a pint these days there’s a service charge 

9 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

I bought Birmingham tickets for the Birmingham V LCFC game they were digital tickets and they charged a transaction fee too although i recall it was GBP1 per ticket and not GBP 1.5. Just proves that all you who live Leicester probably live in a higher social demographic quartile that those that live in Birmingham and this is reflected in the difference between transaction fees :mellow:

Maybe, but I live in Kidderminster.

Every time you buy tickets you're charged extra in fees. The last two sets of tickets I purchased for events had the following additional fees. 

Booking fee £7.75 per ticket

Venue fee £2.50 per ticket

Transaction fee £1.50

Service charge £5.95 per ticket

Processing fee £2.75

I realise there are card processing fees and staff to be paid but its scandalous the levels they add on. 

1 hour ago, hackenbacker said:

if i don't live in the UK why should i know one person with a UK address? or should i just approach a random stranger in the street and ask? No junior membership with international .. so again do your research before you make incorrect claims. 

You can't buy more than one ticket per membership it says it plainly on the website .

I thought you said you were visiting family in the UK, my mistake if that wasn’t the case. What I was getting at was you could use a UK address for a junior membership so wouldn’t need an international membership.

It may say that on the website but like I said, I just tried and it allowed me to get all the way to the checkout for 2 guests on 1 membership.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harboro said:

I thought you said you were visiting family in the UK, my mistake if that wasn’t the case. What I was getting at was you could use a UK address for a junior membership so wouldn’t need an international membership.

It may say that on the website but like I said, I just tried and it allowed me to get all the way to the checkout for 2 guests on 1 membership.

Why not get a normal membership when I have lived overseas always had the normal using my overseas address. International is a waste of time. Regularly got tickets for home games no problem and even some away games. One season club even gave me extra points seeing how many times I had been over.

Living in south wales and managing on Saturdays makes it very difficult to get to games and can’t justify paying membership for me and the kids. I even rang the ticket office the other day when there were tickets left for Cardiff. They could see I had booking history and an account but due to not being a member refused to sell me one. Created an account with Cardiff and bought tickets in the home end. Not ideal but at least I get to go to the game. I’ve even started watching Newport more when my games are called off when I would have happily travelled up to Leicester. Just seems mad not offering general sale

• Like 3