Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

21 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Currently having a row with a woman on FB who is trying to explain the benefits of having a membership. Her points so far are that they are 'only' £40, and you get money off when you spend yet more money at the club shop :rolleyes:

Absolute clown, but sadly not alone in her way of defending the club.

A classic example of ignoring the differences in people's circumstances. If a fan wants to, or can only, attend one match it is an extra £40 on the the ticket price. If a fan can attend 8 games it is spread out to £5 per game which is more palatable.

It is fleecing certain supporters and unfairly so.

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

A classic example of ignoring the differences in people's circumstances. If a fan wants to, or can only, attend one match it is an extra £40 on the the ticket price. If a fan can attend 8 games it is spread out to £5 per game which is more palatable.

It is fleecing certain supporters and unfairly so.

During one of my trips over the Atlantic a few years ago, I was in London during the weekend of an away day in the south. My girlfriend pretended she double booked us for the Saturday so she could surprise me with tickets that she had to purchase two memberships for in order to acquire. That was an expensive day, complete with rail replacement and Puelball. She won’t be going to another game any time soon (which might be a blessing but I digress… 😂).

I am going to drive to Leicester tomorrow morning to see if i can some tickets for the game.

Is there an actual physical ticket office at the ground?

I want 4 tickets (for my wife, 2 kids and me). None of us are members or have any purchase history. We are in the UK for a holiday until 27th Dec and i want to see if i can get some without paying up to 160 GBP for membership (before paying for the tickets) that we will only use once.  

Cheers 

Stephen

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

I am going to drive to Leicester tomorrow morning to see if i can some tickets for the game.

I want 4 tickets (for my wife, 2 kids and me). None of us are members or have any purchase history. We are in the UK for a holiday until 27th Dec and i want to see if i can get some without paying up to 160 GBP for membership (before paying for the tickets) that we will only use once.  

Cheers 

Stephen

I'll do you the service of being blunt.... no.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

This excuse of they use membership to help stop people that are banned getting in, surely you can just provide your ID when buying the ticket at the ticket office or online.

The only justification I can think of is that the club's leadership, ie Whelan, has a report and remains of the belief  that there are more arrests when general sale is made. So general sale is blocked.

if middle management go against that order from the top, their own jobs are on the line as they  try to explain why there was trouble on their watch, when they'd been specifically told to block general sale. 

It's the only plausible excuse I can think of for such obstinacy. 

I refuse to pay for membership now since my wife renewed ours in the summer of 2020. They called her by phone and she renewed without really having an understanding of it. As it turned out, it was mostly useless having one. 

I can probably make a handful of games at the moment and haven’t done so because I can’t bring myself to pay for membership - and I spend money on some daft stuff lol

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The only justification I can think of is that the club's leadership, ie Whelan, has a report and remains of the belief  that there are more arrests when general sale is made. So general sale is blocked.

if middle management go against that order from the top, their own jobs are on the line as they  try to explain why there was trouble on their watch, when they'd been specifically told to block general sale. 

that's a bit over the top ? so because of a few arrests the other 99% of people that wouldn't get arrested have to fork out more money and the inconvenience of having a membership

Another point I visit the co op everyday and some of there stuff is cheaper if they have a membership but I still haven't decided to get one as they want £1 a month I know its not a lot lol and would save me quite a bit but imagine if the co op banned me from going in there to buy food because I didn't have a membership they would 1) lose my custom 2) would lose money.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

This excuse of they use membership to help stop people that are banned getting in, surely you can just provide your ID when buying the ticket at the ticket office or online.

The idea that general sale is a free sale is long gone. Yes you are correct, the club would get all the same details from someone. Its a paywall pure and simple.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

The club pretty much dropped General Sale for away games immediately after the Charity Shield match at Wembley in Aug 2021.

Basically a few drunk/coked-up idiots went a bit lairy on a post-Covid day out to London.   And the club absolutely shat themselves, and gone totally OTT and banned General Sale ever since.  

No thought that maybe 20,000 fans + London + post Covid release + nice warm August day out was a bit of a "one off"?

Well not just "General Sale", they won't even sell away tickets to people with previous booking history.  ie people who they have their name, address, Email, phone number.

I love my club, but there are times when I'm embarrassed of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hackenbacker said:

Cheers 

Stephen

Good Luck with that one 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

Cheers 

Stephen

I can't see you having much success but the annoying thing is, I can almost guarantee there will be 4 empty seats in the ground tomorrow (maybe not 4 together, but probably 2 x 2) 

• Like 1

On 20/12/2023 at 13:30, Union FS said:

Enzo Maresca has repeatedly called for fans to step up and be part of the drive to promotion – but right now, many don’t have a choice.

There is currently no General Sale being offered for the Rotherham home game in just three days, or the Cardiff away game.

UFS has raised this issue with the club and we call on LCFC to make tickets available to fans who want to support their team but can’t currently commit to a season ticket or membership.

With the stadium expansion coming, LCFC must do all it can to keep football available and affordable for all present and future fans.

UFS

@Union FS last won the day on Wednesday 20th December 2023

:) 

Something that still irks me is that the club bombarded the fans with communications and incentives to go to matches when we were crap. I went to the entire run in when we were relegated to league one and again when we were bouncing straight back. Never mind a cold night in Stoke, try a cold night in Hartlepool! All this whilst I lived in the high North Midlands.  

I had been buying gold family memberships but stopped when I moved even further away. I did not see a single incident of crowd trouble despite the fact that we took very good numbers to the likes of Hereford, Cheltenham and Carlisle. When we were winning the league and being a real pain in the arse to the Super League contenders it all stopped and loads of fans who had supported them in the dark days missed out on tickets to those during our glory days. As the saying goes, "it is what it is," but I did think a little bit that those fans could at least have been given a chance to somehow get rewarded with the odd opportunity to see an anticipated game. The  Club do have the records of who got tickets during those few dark seasons and helped get us back up.

Ps. Of course I'm not asking for anything now, i'm, just making the point. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DoveValleyFox said:

Something that still irks me is that the club bombarded the fans with communications and incentives to go to matches when we were crap. I went to the entire run in when we were relegated to league one and again when we were bouncing straight back. Never mind a cold night in Stoke, try a cold night in Hartlepool! All this whilst I lived in the high North Midlands.  

I had been buying gold family memberships but stopped when I moved even further away. I did not see a single incident of crowd trouble despite the fact that we took very good numbers to the likes of Hereford, Cheltenham and Carlisle. When we were winning the league and being a real pain in the arse to the Super League contenders it all stopped and loads of fans who had supported them in the dark days missed out on tickets to those during our glory days. As the saying goes, "it is what it is," but I did think a little bit that those fans could at least have been given a chance to somehow get rewarded with the odd opportunity to see an anticipated game. The  Club do have the records of who got tickets during those few dark seasons and helped get us back up.

Ps. Of course I'm not asking for anything now, i'm, just making the point. 

When we were shite, fans that attended were one of few, so they had to bowl out everything to get you in the ground and bums on seats.

Now we've touched the peak, fans that go and want to go are one of many.

We're just a number now, easily replaced. The club don't care if you or I quit going. They have thousands or so waiting for my season ticket. It's no longer about getting people into the ground, it's now just splitting as much money from us as possible.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, wattsup said:

As a season ticket holder the seat next to me has been empty on many occasions this season, my brother would love to come to some home games if he could sit with me

Neither us have a smartphone so I contacted the club to ask if there was any way to get a ticket sent in the post or collecting at the ground

The response wasn't clear at all,  I tried emailing back and was none the wiser so gave up, does anyone know if you can get tickets this way or do you have to own a suitable phone ?

Again this is turning some-one away who is a lifelong supporter,  can't afford to go to every match , but would like to attend when he can 

Can you  private message us on here with some specific details.

We have previously been told that fans without smartphones would not be penalised and a route to tickets would be provided in such instances

15 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

How do we build a fan base for the future when a parent and 2 kids going to a game to see if the kids have an interest is the thick end of £200? 

Frankly, you don't. This is why they want the Super League money because they've kind of fuched it over here. 

There was a study that kids now engage with more football more through videogames and youtube clips than they do actually going to their local team. This is all an extension of "the brand". 

Interestingly, cost didn't seem to be an issue but that's because the vast majority of engagement came via watching games on TV/ online. Even young people think watching games live can be "old fashioned".

The report does highlight that tag alongs and casual fans, combined, make up around 20-25% of a potential audience. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.ecaeurope.com/media/4802/eca-fan-of-the-future-defining-modern-football-fandom.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjJ16H7mqWDAxVqVUEAHbGOAO44ChAWegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw22TLBzmLUV8OhEh6SXTUEh

As an addendum, if people on here are genuinely serious about making a change, it appears that a concerted plan of action with other club fan groups is needed. 

UFS/ the Trust need to link up with fans in similar situations from other clubs and put out a joint statement. Put pressure on the club. 

I'd even go so far as to say that perhaps they could refuse to sing during games. That would certainly get Enzo's attention, at least.