Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

29 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Frankly, you don't. This is why they want the Super League money because they've kind of fuched it over here. 

There was a study that kids now engage with more football more through videogames and youtube clips than they do actually going to their local team. This is all an extension of "the brand". 

Interestingly, cost didn't seem to be an issue but that's because the vast majority of engagement came via watching games on TV/ online. Even young people think watching games live can be "old fashioned".

The report does highlight that tag alongs and casual fans, combined, make up around 20-25% of a potential audience. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.ecaeurope.com/media/4802/eca-fan-of-the-future-defining-modern-football-fandom.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjJ16H7mqWDAxVqVUEAHbGOAO44ChAWegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw22TLBzmLUV8OhEh6SXTUEh

Would be interested in if they’re seriously bothered about matchday fans. Didn’t have fans in the stadium for over a year during covid and the money train kept chugging along. As long as tv and commercial keep strong why bother with the hassle of low margin matchday fans 

1 hour ago, fox_up_north said:

Frankly, you don't. This is why they want the Super League money because they've kind of fuched it over here. 

There was a study that kids now engage with more football more through videogames and youtube clips than they do actually going to their local team. This is all an extension of "the brand". 

Interestingly, cost didn't seem to be an issue but that's because the vast majority of engagement came via watching games on TV/ online. Even young people think watching games live can be "old fashioned".

The report does highlight that tag alongs and casual fans, combined, make up around 20-25% of a potential audience. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.ecaeurope.com/media/4802/eca-fan-of-the-future-defining-modern-football-fandom.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjJ16H7mqWDAxVqVUEAHbGOAO44ChAWegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw22TLBzmLUV8OhEh6SXTUEh

Great link! Astonishing that the "fan of the future" isn't expected to attend at all! What has the game come to?

Anyone else dreaming of a Rugby league style breakaway to go back to more traditional fan values?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Has anyone else ever sat there, half way through the second half, looked over at Filbert Fox and wondered how fulfilling it would be to pull the fox head off and reveal a rather weathered man from Narborough road?

An old mate of mine used to go out with Vikki Vixen.

• Haha 1

I completely agree with this issue of young/new fans getting into games is a big issue. I would love to take my kids along with me but they are of an age where going to maybe 1 or 2 games a season so purchasing memberships just for that reason makes it a little bit cost prohibitive. 

But it must be said whether we like it or not that most of the tickets, even in the championship are being taken up by these members. So ultimately to justify the membership they cannot just place them on general sale as they are mostly buying up the tickets, we have had 2 games all season that dipped between 31k and they both had poor away numbers and were midweek. 

This is why the extension is clearly needed, if the same situations were arrising after that then the club I feel would have big questions to answer 

• Like 1

It would be good, as with no access to the club they couldn’t sanction what the group reports with threats of limiting access like they can with ufs and foxes trust, however if I’m right don’t the clubs have to have interaction with a trust, if so they shouldn’t feel they need to tip toe round contentious subjects. 

On 21/12/2023 at 18:07, Union FS said:

We've had a response from the club which is deeply unsatisfactory to us – particularly given scores of fans have since come forward to share their own struggles getting tickets for games that have not sold out. 

We’ll continue to push for fans' rights to attend games in our ongoing discussion with the club and would encourage everyone who shares our view to make their feelings clear to LCFC.

So can we all see it, please?

2 hours ago, Foxmeister said:

Great link! Astonishing that the "fan of the future" isn't expected to attend at all! What has the game come to?

Anyone else dreaming of a Rugby league style breakaway to go back to more traditional fan values?

There's a double edged sword for them. The future generation of fans are expected to engage on TV/ social media and be eyeballs for adverts.

The problem with that is that players still need a crowd. Even if you pipe something in, you absolutely need something to fire you up and engage you. Every spectator event thrives on that. I'd say the only one that doesn't is motorsport but they need a focus because they're doing 200mph in a death trap.

On 22/12/2023 at 05:16, Mike Oxlong said:

Some fans act towards the club as if they were devotees of a cult. I remember seeing a documentary years ago about Noel Stanton who was the leader of The Jesus Army based at Bugbrooke in Northamptonshire. Apart from the general weirdness and dodgy behaviours that formed the main focus of the programme it was reported that he issued an edict to the effect that no one but him was allowed to eat cheese on toast. Fvck that ! If the club sent out such a prohibition based on an assertion that abstinence by supporters would benefit team performances  I have no doubt that there are those that would blindly follow it and urge and doubters to follow suit. As for me, I’d have to tell the club to jog on as there aren’t many better things in life than some generously buttered cheese on toast. 

Apropos nothing, I used to temp with a driving agency and had to do work for TJA. They were unnervingly smiley at 7am but always plied me with coffee and toast when I rocked up. Cult or not, they always said thank you when I returned their van at the end of a shift too. Can confirm there was no cheese on the toast mind. 

4 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

For all the ****ets who said we wouldn't make it without buying a membership stick that up your laughing emoji.  Thats to Jami!1703342889363925983466881119919.thumb.jpg.aacd81b3d811de43c818c6aeb739b534.jpg

If you're referring to my post, this is a distasteful response to what was sound advice. 

It's good that you got help from someone else to get in with their tickets. You'd have been wasting your time otherwise and I'd have been saving you a drive if you listened. 

I was only trying to be helpful.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hackenbacker said:

Not you mate..... the 2 that tagged my post with laughing emoji and no comments and the other 3 or 4 that gave no advice but smart comments.

Ah ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. Glad you made the game 👍

37 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Glad you managed to get in, decent view too. 

Out of curiosity, did you buy from the club or from a person selling?

Neither I met an LCFC supporter at the World Cup  in Qatar (I live in Qatar) he (season ticket holder) messaged me offering to help. I had ticketing numbers for me and one of  my sons. He set up ticketing numbers for my wife and other son purchased 4 tickets sent them to my email. You have to download them to Google pay and I fixed him up with the cash at the ground before the game. Bit of a hassle but better than paying £160 for 4 international memberships used for 1 game. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Apropos nothing, I used to temp with a driving agency and had to do work for TJA. They were unnervingly smiley at 7am but always plied me with coffee and toast when I rocked up. Cult or not, they always said thank you when I returned their van at the end of a shift too. Can confirm there was no cheese on the toast mind. 

I’m more relieved about that than I ought to be :)

7 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Ah ok, sorry for the misunderstanding. Glad you made the game 👍

No problem. From others comments like "You've got more chance of driving to Buckingham palace and getting let in by Charlie."

seemed to be the level of comments some thought funny. 

BTW for those that mentioned it yes there were plenty of empty seats in the section I sat. 

2 hours ago, hackenbacker said:

Neither I met an LCFC supporter at the World Cup  in Qatar (I live in Qatar) he (season ticket holder) messaged me offering to help. I had ticketing numbers for me and one of  my sons. He set up ticketing numbers for my wife and other son purchased 4 tickets sent them to my email. You have to download them to Google pay and I fixed him up with the cash at the ground before the game. Bit of a hassle but better than paying £160 for 4 international memberships used for 1 game. 

More than a faff than it needed to be. Its always been the same that if you want the foot in the door you have to know a ST holder. If you hadn't had that connection those tickets would have still gone unsold. 

At least you got in and got to see a win. 

• Like 3

Despite being encouraged by the FoxesTrust to try the ticket office again this week stating I have a booking history it was a solid no both times.

So it rather than a day out in Leicester today and my  children's  first city match it was a trip to IKEA in Milton Keynes instead.

Disappointing but unsurprising. I was offered memberships but I'm loathed to pay for 4 memberships for the right to buy tickets for the odd match I can make  that are otherwise sitting unsold.

Im happy to be quite rightly bottom of the priority pile and if the house full signs are up then I'm more than content to follow from afar without complaints or expectation.

Would be keen to hear what the club said to Union FS.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2023 at 23:38, Gamble92 said:

I still don't think I'll ever be over last season. I don't just mean the way we went down on the pitch. But the whole culture of our club was exposed and every worry we had about it came to light.

And as much as I am relieved we have smashed the league like I thought we would (and should) so far, it's still there. Rudkin is still there. Susan is still there. The arrogant attitude towards the fanbase because of achievements by others long ago. You just know they'll tell us what an amazingly run club we have when we go back up too. 

Bang on. Think Maresca's impact has papered over pretty much all the cracks. Time will tell as ever.

• Like 3

I'm starting to think the only progress with the club on this is a compromise (though they don't do compromise) 

Tickets are available only to members

Membership can be bought prior to any game for a notional fee - say 20 quid adults (I'd prefer a tenner, but that's not gonna happen). 

Certain category games exclude new memberships with tickets, ie big teams and local derbies 

The reduced revenues from membership fees are recovered via season tickets, ie a 20 quid surcharge is added to all STs for a club member status 

Because of that, the membership package should be rebranded, so it feels much more of a cricket club or building society membership. Maybe a solitary share of the club can be awarded to the membership. 

On 23/12/2023 at 19:25, hackenbacker said:

This just re-enforces what other posters have been saying:

1) You have to know a Season Ticket holder and the ST holder be willing to add you to their account (therefore if the said "guest" of ST holder causes any trouble, the ST holder could have repercussions) 

2) You have to have a mobile phone that is suitable to access the tickets

If your situation means you cannot achieve both 1) & 2), and you are not a member, you can't get tickets

Both Union FS and ourselves have been separately talking to fans in this situation, have now compared notes and intend to talk to other LCFC fans groups after Christmas about our next steps

Edited by Foxes_Trust
  • Like 4