Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

LCFC must offer General Sale to fans

11 minutes ago, Dames said:

I’ve said this before but i’m fairly certain the the membership scheme is the brain child of someone quite high up at the club and they are reluctant to admit defeat on what they would consider to be a great success. 

Its definitely political because any person in their right mind would look to maximise sales as much as possible. 

if the membership scheme is for security purposes, which I doubt then it should just be a one off lifetime payment at most but preferably free.

Do they still give out a bag of 'goodies' when you sign up, that seems pretty insulting to me.

The staffing at football clubs in general is quite interesting. 

A large part of the lower ranks and foot soldiers are Uber fans, and would work for less than peanuts. They see their job as if it were a monastic calling. These lot wouldn't challenge anything internally.

The more senior staff delight in separating themselves from the emotion of the club and revel in making hard nosed bastardesque decisions, as if to show  they are tough business people and aren't for wilting under mob pressure. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Loads left for Brum. 

Unfortunately they've already done the damage over the years and people don't even know they allow general sale on a random basis. 

They have actually done some real harm to their wider supporter base. 

Foxes Trust and Union FS are trying to increase awareness of General Sale for the Brum & Swansea games, hence making social media posts and website posts about it (our website posts go onto Newsnow which accesses a wider audience than message boards, we are trying all routes

3 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Should have general sale and be able to roll up  to the club shop/ticket office to buy tickets.

I know peeps who were thinking of going to their first ever Leicester game and some who had not been for sometime, for the FA cup fixture coming up who decided not to bother when I told them how you get tickets these days.

Realistically "walk ups" are not going to happen and that applies for many clubs. All clubs want each person registered on their databases

All Supporters Groups  in the country are told this is based around concerns about fans with stadium bans getting in/avoiding away fans accessing home tickets etc, of course there is a marketing of future games aspect to this too, however under GDPR rules each fan has to opt in for such communications and the clubs feel they aren't reaching fans enough on ticket availability due to opt outs

1 minute ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Realistically "walk ups" are not going to happen and that applies for many clubs. All clubs want each person registered on their databases

All Supporters Groups  in the country are told this is based around concerns about fans with stadium bans getting in/avoiding away fans accessing home tickets etc, of course there is a marketing of future games aspect to this too, however under GDPR rules each fan has to opt in for such communications and the clubs feel they aren't reaching fans enough on ticket availability due to opt outs

Then a lot of peeps will spend their money elsewhere.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ithuriel said:

Then a lot of peeps will spend their money elsewhere.

Yep

You can make up a fake account on the site, it offers zero protection against the issues they are trying to avoid. 

Walk ups with Id would actually be more secure. 

Crazy times 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Loads left for Brum. 

Unfortunately they've already done the damage over the years and people don't even know they allow general sale on a random basis. 

They have actually done some real harm to their wider supporter base. 

Exactly that. If every time I went online to get something from Amazon, but they refused to sell to me unless I took out prime, you'd soon give up and not bother even checking for the freak occasions Amazon choose to offer a 'no prime needed' day (especially if the offer received minimal promotion)

The club have inflicted unseen and  uncountable damage on the casual supporter base. 

1 hour ago, Foxes_Trust said:

Then at least you should be able to buy online on the day by registering, paying and downloading your ticket to the game. They have the technology but not the will.

• Like 1

I think wanting us to be signed up with our details on database is a thing every company in the world have consciously tried to do in the last few years. Isn't just football clubs.

You can't even go and buy a Big Mac meal now without them telling you you can sign up and get 5000 points.

I'll stop before this turns into a Gary Neville olives and oil with bread style rant. 

Is it really necessary for union fs to come out with stuff like accusing the club of greed the minute after the club agree to make positive changes? Just seems so unnecessary and creates less goodwill for future positive discussions.

This is aside from the club running at significant losses in the last rew years. No one is actually making any money out of Leicester City currently.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Is it really necessary for union fs to come out with stuff like accusing the club of greed the minute after the club agree to make positive changes? Just seems so unnecessary and creates less goodwill for future positive discussions.

Where? 

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Just seems so unnecessary and creates less goodwill for future positive discussions.

I agree especially when they wouldn’t disclose any information at the beginning of this discussion for that very reason 

On 29/12/2023 at 09:11, FoyleFox said:

Every time you buy tickets you're charged extra in fees. The last two sets of tickets I purchased for events had the following additional fees. 

Booking fee £7.75 per ticket

Venue fee £2.50 per ticket

Transaction fee £1.50

Service charge £5.95 per ticket

Processing fee £2.75

I realise there are card processing fees and staff to be paid but its scandalous the levels they add on. 

Whats different between processing and transaction fee? O_o

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Whats different between processing and transaction fee? O_o

Nothing. It's just a different name to rip you off. 

I actually suspect it's something to do with the fees to pay by card, the cost they pay to process the payment. 

Pretty much every other card purchase includes that cost but events always seem to add it on as an extra. 

• Like 1

UFS are spot on in this instance, I’m glad they’ve called the club greedy because that’s exactly what it is, a ticket pay wall. 

Rather than be happy with what UFS and the trust have achieved people on here seem obsessed with looking for negatives against both groups, which in this instance simply aren’t there. 

Edited by Ginger_Filbert
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Definitely acknowledge this is a positive thing but you'd be a bit annoyed if you'd brought a membership in the last month or so. 

On the plus side, I did get a generic 9 second video from Ricardo thanking me so... :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

UFS are spot on in this instance, I’m glad they’ve called the club greedy because that’s exactly what it is, a ticket pay wall. 

Rather than be happy with what UFS and the trust have achieved people on here seem obsessed with looking for negatives against both groups, which in this instance simply aren’t there. 

Shhh. You aren’t allowed to call greedy profiteering “greedy profiteering” as you may upset the greedy profiteers. Didn’t you know it’s far better to make change by being totally compliant, smiling, and thanking KPFC as they empty your bank account? The compliant bit is the most essential part, apparently.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dames said:

I’ve said this before but i’m fairly certain the the membership scheme is the brain child of someone quite high up at the club and they are reluctant to admit defeat on what they would consider to be a great success. 

Its definitely political because any person in their right mind would look to maximise sales as much as possible. 

It’s at most clubs now where there’s a decent demand. Including Europe.