Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

Does our current Leicester team beat Nigel Pearson's Championship Winners?

Does our current Leicester team beat Nigel Pearson's Championship Winners?  

385 members have voted

1. 1. Does our current Leicester team beat Nigel Pearson's Championship Winners?

• Yes
    • No

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

None of Pearson side was. None of the PL winning team were. None. None of our current team going to be. 

Yes.

You don’t think Vardy, Mahrez and Schmeichel were world class?

Wild take imo. Two of them were in top 10 players in world and won PL player of the year. If the best player in the best league in the world isn’t world class not sure other than Ronaldo and Messi are

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Technical ability we’d be streets ahead. However we  would likely be mauled off the park . 

Pearson’s side had our most technical sound player of all time alongside central midfield options who were excellent at passing and scoring goals from all angles. At the same time, a very dangerous left winger. 

‘Streets ahead’ is a major exaggeration 

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

None of Pearson side was. None of the PL winning team were. None. None of our current team going to be. 

Yes.

@honeybradger @eblair

What's funny? 

World class is a over used term. 

In my opinion World Class is doing it(what ever position) at the highest level on a consistent basis. 

None of them players hit that level. 

Mahrez is maybe the only who is close to it. 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Pearson’s side had our most technical sound player of all time alongside central midfield options who were excellent at passing and scoring goals from all angles. At the same time, a very dangerous left winger. 

‘Streets ahead’ is a major exaggeration 

I think it’s clear the technical ability in the team we have now is much higher and spread wider, even if we have no Mahrez. I mean, we have ball playing center backs for a start! 

Just now, MPH said:

I think it’s clear the technical ability in the team we have now is much higher and spread wider, even if we have no Mahrez. I mean, we have ball playing center backs for a start! 

I haven’t disputed the technical ability is better.

I just think you are majorly underplaying the technical ability that side had. Drinkwater was capable of the goals Winks has scored and he could ping a ball brilliantly into Vardy or Nugent. Knockaert’s output in G/A was similar to Fatawu unless Abdul gets a late spurt on - equally he had the technique for goals such as the famed Scorpion. 

9 minutes ago, Ashley said:

@honeybradger @eblair

What's funny? 

In my opinion World Class is doing it(what ever position) at the highest level on a consistent basis. 

Absolutely ridiculous take imo.

Vardy, Mahrez and Kante are 100% world class to anyone who has an ounce of football knowledge. Kasper arguably is very close.

Vardy 2015-2019 was one of the prems great strikers. Only Kane scored more in his prem career, playing largely for an upper mid table club.

136 prem goals, Prem and FA Cup medals, 11 in a row that’s still a record, the only player to ever score 100+ over 30, the best goal to game ratio of any player vs the ‘big 6’. 7th in the Balldor, golden boot(in a separate season to the prem win , showing ‘longevity’ you suggest is needed). Need I go on?

Most people would suggest he’s at least a top 15 of all time prem striker, absolutely world class.

Mahrez regarded as 1 of the best wingers of his era, moved to the club dominating world football and the best manager wanted him. Won multiple prems and a treble and was pretty instrumental in most of it being a regular for a majority of that time despite huge competition from a lot of other world class talent. The way mahrez left us leaves a bitter taste but absolutely he’s world class.

And then we go to little Ngolo, arguably his performances in 15/16 were the greatest single season performance by any player in any  season in prem history.

After that takes the league to Chelsea whilst getting the PFA player of the season, which is unheard of from a DM. Wins the FA Cup, Wins the EL and wins the CL(MOM in ALL of those finals). Wins the World Cup also.

Prime Kante from 2015-2021 isn’t world class, he’s generational class.

When people talk about the prems best DMs he’s right in the convosation with Keane and Viera, that tells it all.

Remember the question initially was which team would win vs 13/14 and 23/24 and this teams top scorer is guess who? A 37 year old well past his peak and been a sub most of the season yet still top scorer.

Thos team isn’t even close to that Pearsons team. More strong, more power, better strikers and more backbone. This team isn’t even as good as Ipswich or Leeds but our squad is ridiculously deep compared to Ipswich and Leeds had an awful start. We lost twice to them, no team did the double over us in 13/14 except when we’d already won the league so turned up drunk vs Brighton.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Absolutely ridiculous take imo.

Vardy, Mahrez and Kante are 100% world class to anyone who has an ounce of football knowledge. Kasper arguably is very close.

Vardy 2015-2019 was one of the prems great strikers. Only Kane scored more in his prem career, playing largely for an upper mid table club.

136 prem goals, Prem and FA Cup medals, 11 in a row that’s still a record, the only player to ever score 100+ over 30, the best goal to game ratio of any player vs the ‘big 6’. 7th in the Balldor, golden boot(in a separate season to the prem win , showing ‘longevity’ you suggest is needed). Need I go on?

Most people would suggest he’s at least a top 15 of all time prem striker, absolutely world class.

Mahrez regarded as 1 of the best wingers of his era, moved to the club dominating world football and the best manager wanted him. Won multiple prems and a treble and was pretty instrumental in most of it being a regular for a majority of that time despite huge competition from a lot of other world class talent. The way mahrez left us leaves a bitter taste but absolutely he’s world class.

And then we go to little Ngolo, arguably his performances in 15/16 were the greatest single season performance by any player in any  season in prem history.

After that takes the league to Chelsea whilst getting the PFA player of the season, which is unheard of from a DM. Wins the FA Cup, Wins the EL and wins the CL(MOM in ALL of those finals). Wins the World Cup also.

Prime Kante from 2015-2021 isn’t world class, he’s generational class.

When people talk about the prems best DMs he’s right in the convosation with Keane and Viera, that tells it all.

Remember the question initially was which team would win vs 13/14 and 23/24 and this teams top scorer is guess who? A 37 year old well past his peak and been a sub most of the season yet still top scorer.

Thos team isn’t even close to that Pearsons team. More strong, more power, better strikers and more backbone. This team isn’t even as good as Ipswich or Leeds but our squad is ridiculously deep compared to Ipswich and Leeds had an awful start. We lost twice to them, no team did the double over us in 13/14 except when we’d already won the league so turned up drunk vs Brighton.

It's not a ridiculous take. No. 

World Class is a over used term. World Class is doing it on a consistent basis at the highest level. 

Same goes for the term legend. So over used.

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It's not a ridiculous take. No. 

World Class is a over used term. World Class is doing it on a consistent basis at the highest level. 

Same goes for the term legend. So over used.

Just because the term is over used(which I agree with), it’s not over used with the above 3. They not only achieved the greatest sporting achievement of all time, but went on to be Premier league greats in an era when the Premier league is the greatest league in the world.

Undoubtedly World class to pretty much anyone, and Vardy in particular is not only a Leicester legend but the greatest player to ever play for the club.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

What a pointless thread this is.

I’d be more interested to discuss if Pleats team that nearly took us down would beat Holloway’s side.

To be fair, that could be said for about 80% of the threads of Foxestalk.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

@honeybradger @eblair

What's funny? 

If you dont think that Vardy, Mahrez and Kante were world class then i dont know what to say. Vardy has one of the best scoring records in PL history, Mahrez has been the best player on the pitch in games against the likes of Real Madrid and PSG in the CL and Kante has won pretty much everything in football.

Interesting to watch the 13/14 season back, there were some terrible performances at the start where i think i current team would dispatch them easily but the 13/14 team hit another gear at the end of the season where i think they edge out the current team.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Trouble is, they didn’t actually win as much.

15 hours ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Except when it came to actual results. 

What are you talking about? We are not getting 102pts this season. That side will finish the season with more points.

11 hours ago, Ashley said:

@honeybradger @eblair

What's funny? 

You’re picking on semantics. Even if you choose the word elite to describe Mahrez, Kante and peak Vardy (if you go with then theory of world class being a world 11 in their position) the point still stands that they were elite and none of this lot will be.

19 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I haven’t disputed the technical ability is better.

I just think you are majorly underplaying the technical ability that side had. Drinkwater was capable of the goals Winks has scored and he could ping a ball brilliantly into Vardy or Nugent. Knockaert’s output in G/A was similar to Fatawu unless Abdul gets a late spurt on - equally he had the technique for goals such as the famed Scorpion. 

A    thing not mentioned is how weak the  championship is this season   dont forget there is 17 teams playing who are worse than the 3 who went up     and Vardy and Albrighton  not the players they were

15 hours ago, Foxaholic ME said:

A thing not mentioned is how weak the  championship is this season   dont forget there is 17 teams playing who are worse than the 3 who went up 

Isn't that true every season??

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely not. Not over a one off game, not over a two legged tie or over the season.

Just imagine Dyer and Knockaert (and Mahrez when he joined in the Jan) up against this defence. Would be a bloodbath.

At the other end, our defence now would not handle Nugent’s pressing and Vardy of then.

On 25/12/2023 at 19:23, Finnegan said:

This team would beat Pearson's team in a title race. 

The people saying this team would beat that team, the game has moved on, Fatawu vs Konchesky, etc. These people are a bit short sighted imo. Look at our games against Sunderland and Leeds. 

We're there to be got at by exactly the sort of team we were under Pearson. In the rock, paper, scissors game of football I think the Pearson side is well placed to press and smash this one on the counter. 

But this one is miles clear of Leeds because we're good against everyone else

:nigel:

• 2 weeks later...

Not a question. Now can’t even match their points total. That team had world class players as mentioned above, but on paper you’d imagine a team brimming with full internationals should be better…….

ho ho ho